The Tale of the Tólisdóttir Saga [Open]

Felis

TNPer
(Note: This post is set directly after the PGU's expulsion of Andrenne, which isn't completed yet OOC)
(Note: Put your nation's responses in THIS thread and NOT the DW2 thread!!)

15Mjy8L.png

Statement on the events regarding Andrenne and Dučrijeka

Betlarahöll has been closely observing the events ongoing between Dučrijeka and our friends in Andrenne and we first extend our gratitude to the Andrennian soldiers involved for their brave attempts to combat global terrorism.

Dučrijeka is a failed state. Run by and for terrorists who seek only to destabilise their neighbours who they look at with only contempt and jealousy. While many believe the evacuation times afforded by the righteous Andrennian armies were too little, we believe they were too much and undeserved for a nation of thugs. It is simply shameful that any nation would turn their back on one of Gothis' most important nations so readily in favour of these brutes.

This is most notable in the diplomatic atrocity that is the Pan-Gotic Union and its unfair expulsion of the Kingdom for exterminating its violators and their sympathisers. It's simply ironic that the Union is incapable of retaining its core ideals of Gotic Unity, likely being influenced by Szlav-related factors we can only theorise at this current moment in time. It is with this that we make the first declaration of this statement: Jómfrúland will officially boycott the Pan-Gotic Union as an institution and sever all relations* that it currently holds with it. This is effective immediately.

As well as this, in order to combat the isolation of Andrenne, we have chosen to offer the following if desired:

• Discounted opportunities with all regiments of the Jómfrúska military assigned to the Málaliðaherir, our junior PMC force.
  • Similar opportunities with all regiments of Nýfyrirmyndarher, our senior PMC force.
Ultimately, Jómfrúland cannot stand by and watch our Gotic brothers stand by and face unfair ostracisation for enacting what we only view as a fair, reasonable response to awful abuse from Dučrijeka and its terrorist populace.

(signed)
Ásunn Tólisdóttir
Herra-Verndari

(signed)
Guðgeir Hjaltdal
Foreign Secretary

*While Jómfrúland isn't in the PGU, it can be assumed it has some form of cooperative relationship with it before now.

official statement:
8X71XKW.png

I have, upon reading the statement from the Herra-Verndari of our longtime kin and friends in Jómfrúland, found it necessary to weigh in again on events in Gothis. The Kingdom of Prydania is committed to the peaceful resolution of the conflict between the Kingdom of Andrenne and Republic of Dučrijeka. The events of the War have been regrettable, and we continue to do what we can in advocating for peace, providing for the safety of refugees, and providing material aid to alleviate the humanitarian crisis.
It is in this spirit that I must condemn the Herra-Verndari of Jómfrúland for reckless and dangerous rhetoric that serves only to inflame tensions and lead to more unrest. The crisis in Gothis will not be solved by flattening cities or by disparaging people or nations. It will be solved, I believe, by dialogue. Not thinly veiled statements meant to degrade our fellow man.

I have, after conferring with my government, concluded that relations between Prydania and Jómfrúland are to be re-evaluted. Prydanian contibutions to the Sameiginleg Stofnun Makarí Tungumálsins* are to be suspended and Prydania's ambassador and diplomatic staff to Jómfrúland will be recalled. I do not make this decision lightly. Our nations share language, tradition, culture, and religion. We share sagas, and we share blood. It pains me to take this course of action, but I do not believe the Prydanian Realm can abide by such a stance in the face of so much human suffering. As The Saga of the Úlfdal and the Loðbrók says, "hver er sinnar gæfu smiður*." May we all make difficult decisions to forge a better world.

4zyOTUi.png

Hátign hans, Tobias III Loðbrók, af náð Guðs, Konungur Prydansk, Herra-Verndari Austurland, Marshal Beaconsviði, Herra Sameina, verjandi trúarinnar

*Sameiginleg Stofnun Makarí Tungumálsins= Joint Institute of Makari Language
*hver er sinnar gæfu smiður= every man is the smith of his own fortune

Last edited:
Back