BILL

TO AUTHORIZE AND DETERMINE THE CONDUCT
OF FOREIGN VISITS BY DEVOLVED MINISTERS

Ein Vorschlag von Altaïr Ewald Raihan, MP für den Wahlkreis Majmarah

btZUh48.png

(1946-2020) جلسات البرلمان2020-2010 يونيو 2020 مجلة البرلمان

MINISTER-PRESIDENT'S QUESTION TIME

BATASAN DEBATE ON FOREIGN VISITS BY DEVOLVED MINISTERS

12:00 PM - Abdur Shaheed Qais (Basenji) (Los)

Thank you for your permission, Mr. President. Now, we all know this debate is oversubscribed beyond the comprehension of, not only the rules of The Bayt, but to all the competent legislatures of our country. As of this moment, The Batasan is still debating on the subject as to whether or not the Republic should authorize devolved ministers to visit sovereign states without the prior authorization of The Batasan.

I stress the importance of this question, and I associate myself with the remarks made by the Minister-President yesterday, that Lawston is one united and indivisible state. We recognize the supremacy of The Batasan in its constitutional prerogative over foreign policy. As such, we only ask to share in such an important responsibility in order to assist the national government in fulfilling the Republic's commitments overseas, especially in guaranteeing the continuance and preservation of regional peace. With all due respect to our neighbors, which include the gallant nations of Bashime, Astragon, and the S.F.R., the presence of weapons of mass destruction and the continuing development of such destructive forces have made very strong gestures, though however it may be unintentional, to justify our collective anxiety.

The Astragonese, despite their alarmingly-excessive stockpile of nuclear weaponry, are still conducting tests in the deserts near Rafhazan at undisclosed locations. Seismic monitoring in The Inlands have been able to detect these detonations and are trying their best to help us in the mitigation of some of the problems caused by these tests. Yet the Astragonese people literally celebrate this as a national achievement. A modern source of patriotism. While we in The Inlands suffer from high cancer risks and physical deformation. Lest we forget Wablah in 1991 and our 200,000 brothers and sisters who lost entire homes and livelihoods, and so many of their friends and families. May Allab bless them. Did the Minister-President on her visit to Ganatrastadt stress the urgency for the Devolved Authorization Bill to pass?

The Minister-President (Jameela Elkazi)

Mr. President, I would like to express my gratitude towards my Honorable friend from Basenji as we in the Alhududi Cabinet share his concerns. Yes, I have done my best to impress upon our compatriots in The Batasan the full extent of our problems. They have made it clear that they would support the righteous endeavors of the Alhududi Republic in our common goal for world peace. However, it isn't enough and I would like to make one thing clear: The debate in The Batasan is long overdue and has unfortunately coincided with our efforts to rebuild relations with our neighbors in Rafhazan.

Furthermore, the government in Ganatrastadt has failed to defend the status quo in Rio Verde despite our repeated appeals to Dasharatha. For this, we cannot simply accept any number of excuses from the National Government. The Citizen's Loyal Opposition has the led Batasan support of the Devolved Authorization Bill and we hope they will succeed in convincing The Batasan, with our steady conviction and the pressing need for the approval of this bill.

Before I reciprocate with my Honorable friend from Basenji on regional military development, I would also like to put to rest rumors of a Fussian missile launch facility in an island off the coast of Lawston, off the coast of Fuss, or any other coast in Iteria. Based on our sources in Ganatrastadt, with the exception of the Fussian embassy, there are no such movements from the S.F.R. military and the Fussian government is still very much a credible partner in peaceful trade and regional economic development. In a world easily provoked by cultural, economic, and territorial conflict, we must take precautions, but we must also be careful. We must not easily assign blame to nations. Nations are full of people no less human and no less different from us, regardless of their ideology and form of government.

The same cannot be said for the Astragonese when it comes to their opinion on nuclear weapons. To praise a technology which has affected human life negatively so much it has killed hundreds of people and has endangered the lives of millions up to this day. This is why it is vital for ministers of devolved governments to be authorized in meeting foreign leaders. We need to be able to facilitate meetings with foreign governments, especially in cases like Astragon. As their neighbors, it is desirable for us to be able to talk to them directly in order to reach a better understanding. The Foreign Minister has assured us his department will work with us closely as soon as the bill is passed. We can only hope The Batasan will reach a productive and favorable conclusion.

Abdur Shaheed Qais

Or perhaps the Alhududi Cabinet has simply been too busy taking on foreign governments, intervening in other countries' affairs. It is very clear to us, Mr. President. The Alhududi Cabinet, composed of the Bangsaloton and Volksaktion parties, have passed a bill for every month during this entire legislative session for the sole purpose of appealing to the Chancellor and the Cabinet. We've heard much debate here than we ever did about the Devolved Exclusion Bill, which was only an idea until it was drafted by Volksaktion just two weeks ago.

Not only this, the Vice Minister-President actually met in Ganatrastadt with the Leader of the Citizen's Loyal Opposition five times in the past six months to re-evaluate their strategy on passing a bill for an official policy on Rio Verde that would've obliged the National Government to pursue measures in the defense of its status quo. This was around the same time as the Fussian nuclear scare was circulating around social media and caused widespread panic in rural communities, especially here in The Inlands where fake news spread about nuclear missiles from Astragon and Fuss heading for Ganatrastadt and Quenha. In the fallout of this mass misinformation, the Alhududi Cabinet immediately resumed its efforts to pressure The Batasan in passing a pro-Rio Verde bill without addressing the overdue need for dialogue with Astragon or Fuss in the days, weeks, and months that followed.

So, Mr. President, what has the Alhududi Cabinet done already? Is there something we have missed here? On the record? What was the Cabinet's response to this overdue issue that needs permanent authorization from The Batasan to allow devolved ministers to freely go on official visits?

The Minister-President

I don't know if the Lostan Partei remembers, Mr. President. But the Devolved Authorization Bill was first proposed during the previous ministry. Yes, Mr. President. Former Chancellor Lailani Vaikar, ambassador to Norsos and then-Leader of the Lostan Partei, proposed this bill. She did it right before she was ousted in a party coup after her vain attempts to form a coalition with Bangsaloton. Let us not forget the minority government led by Lostan Partei during her ministry when several of their members defected to the opposition parties.

If this is any indication that the Devolved Authorization Bill has crossed party lines, then we must change our understanding to this and completely accept it as an indisputable fact. How I remembered it, and I wrote it down from The Batasan Journal to make sure, Chancellor Vaikar said,

"The Government understands the need for devolved governments to access political faculties that could be used to maintain existing relations with our neighboring countries. This bill is necessary to protect the peace and keep us and others living in our country in harmony with our neighbors."

But to be fair with my Honorable friend from Basenji, it is our responsibility to turn our principles into action. We simply thought there were causes that are simply greater than ourselves and, like many of us in life, we took a gamble. We took a gamble and we lost, and we accept it. Something parties should learn every now and then, especially for certain parties opposite in the next elections. Let us be honest, all administrations are responsible for this overdue issue. Ever since the Alhududi Republic was established, as far as it was deliberated as a concept.

Do not be mistaken. Our efforts to pass a Devolved Authorization Bill was not good enough and we are just as frustrated as everybody here in this Chamber. But now we have found the time and planned to devote ourselves in this bill.

Abdur Shaheed Qais

Right. Mr. President, assuming the Alhududi Cabinet has prepared for the passage of the Devolved Authorization Bill, then there should already be plans for The Minister-President's upcoming goodwill tour of Rafhazan.

The Minister-President has set her goal to kick-off this tour within this month and we are almost halfway. If this bill is to pass and preparations for the first official visit of an Alhududi minister is already underway, the Bayt deserves to know what is to be expected from this visit and what are its goals. Most importantly, the conduct and the nature of this official visit. As well as thanking The First Minister for answering all my questions, what is the first official visit of the Minister-President going to look like?

The Minister-President

Mr. President, we can assure you and other members of The Bayt that we will work hard to abate any concern surrounding the brave prospect of a first official visit. We are on a mission to ensure the peace we enjoy today will continue forever, for the sake of all generations to come. Lawston is not only a republic, it is a country of people who simply want to live their lives to the extent of the blessings they receive as a citizen of this great nation. The Inlands had seen war on senseless reason and it continues to this day, outside the call of duty. Communities are still divided and people from both sides of the border are still afraid of a war that happened almost a century ago. In order for us to learn how to leave each other, we must learn to love our neighbors. The only way we can best achieve this is if we take it upon ourselves and join the national effort in working for regional peace.

The first official visit, a goodwill tour, will stem around our existing relations with Rafhazan. We seek to strengthen the bonds, not only cemented by our kindred blood and cultural ties, but by fair bilateral agreement and mutual understanding between the Alhududi Republic and the Emirate of Rafhazan. We will visit their neighborhoods and meet our brothers and sisters there, to make our case to them and offer our friendship in the spirit of brotherhood.

wofbkD2.png

Lawstoner Republik
Alle Werke gemeinfrei
wenn nicht anders angegeben.

Last edited:
Back