[DRAFT] Untitled Article for TNL (by Marrabuk)

Gorundu

I finished my Chinese homework
-
-
-
Pronouns
he/him
TNP Nation
Gorundu
Discord
an_dr_ew
This article provides an overview of the weeks and days leading up to the coup of The East Pacific, the resistance movements, and the rebuilding efforts following the coup. It is a story of resilience, hard work, and strength of community. I hope that it is an informative read.

Weeks and days before D-Day
For months, it was very obvious to see that Fedele and his cronies were attempting to destroy the foundations and pillars of TEP. There were many signs and tell-tale signs visible. However, I'm going to list prominent ones that eventually led to the actual coup.

1. Fedele swapped my portfolio of responsibilities from Minister of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) to Minister of Regional Affairs (MoRA). In return, Davelands was elevated to the position MoFA. This was designed to make people outside of The East Pacific familiar with Davelands as the point of contact for Fedele and the administration.
  2. After Daveland’s inactivity due to a busy real life schedule turning the Ministry of Foreign Affairs into a ghost town, Fedele again swapped our portfolios. I returned to the position of MoFA. I was once again tasked with reviving the Ministry, but it was clear that Fedele intended to limit my “powers.” Davelands returned to his position as Minister of Regional Affairs. Despite this switch, the points of contact for Foreign Affairs remained Fedele and Dave. During the last few months prior to the attempted coup, my duties as MoFA were limited to reviving and maintaining activity of the Ministry rather than working on relations with other regions.
  3. There was a sudden interest shown by his associates in the Magisterium to push certain legislation that would benefit their coup.
  4. They continued pushing arguments for reform. This was partially out of a desire to prepare for an eventual scenario where they lose the delegacy, which seemed inevitable. Hence, Fedele proposed the idea of electing Ministers. Fedele proposed that in the future the Delegate would merely be a Minister of World Assembly Affairs with all the remaining power divided amongst the ministers.
  5. We began to realize that their fear of losing the Delegacy was leading to an attempt to push for a soft coup via the Magisterium. However, these plans were uncovered and pushed more TEP loyalists to return to activity in the Magisterium to prevent Fedele and his supporters from leveraging a majority.
  6. Fedele was also further trying to push for Dave as his "successor" by making him the "Commander" for N-day. It was hoped that regions outside of TEP and the nations within the region would recognize Dave as the successor. It was commonly expressed in international circles that many people could see that Fedele was positioning Davelands in this way.
  7. A vast majority of the RMBers were made aware of a potential coup weeks and even months before the coup eventuated. Hence, the RMBers were very much aware of what’s going on. While it was hard to convince them, it was worth every minute, as eventually we were able to convince them. So it came as no surprise that when the eventual attempted coup happened, the RMBers were very prepared to fight Fedele with everything they had at their disposal.

While there were many more tell-tale signs, including others that were emphasized externally within NSGP, it was these prominent events that are most worth emphasizing, in my opinion.

October 14th 2019 - D-Day, Fedele attempted to coup TEP
Many observers to the shenanigans attempted by Fedele and his associates began approaching us one by one. Eventually, we created a server involving all of our allies and friends in order to prepare for an attempted coup as further signs points towards it eventually happening. We were very organized and united. The East Pacific is very fortunate to have many allies and friends who might never have worked together prior to this, if it were not for a common cause of aiding and helping TEP overcome the shenanigans pulled off by Fedele and his associates. For that, TEP will be forever grateful and indebted to our allies and friends. Since they have stood with us in our time of need, we will definitely return the favor when the time comes.

Fedele made multiple attempts to change the tide to his favor, by removing the Viziers as Regional Officers, and by ejecting and banning three Viziers and myself during the attempted coup. However, we remained united, calm, and collected, and our allies stood firm behind us. The RMBers did their part, running an unendorsement campaign and were relentless in their efforts to remove Fedele from power. A few of us, including myself, purchased stamps to deliver messages to the region, updating them on the happenings as well as encouraging the unendorsement campaigns. We definitely wouldn't have managed to do what we did without the valiant efforts of our RMBers, allies and friends.

Post Coup
It has been a very tough journey after the attempted coup. We as a region began working from day one to fix and mend the damages done by the previous administration. One of the many things that we have managed to do is to increase the number of Viziers and Arbiters. We have also worked to amend the legislation pushed by the previous administration that was only implemented in an attempt to weaken the region and to strengthen their arguments to coup TEP. It has also been my administration's goal to revive and mend broken relations with other regions (be it allies or friends) done by the previous administration. These include: the re-opening of in-game embassy with 10000 Islands and the ratification of treaties with Balder and Osiris. It has also been the current administration's goal to open new relations with regions we've never had relations with, such as the opening of a Consulate between TEP and Thaecia. These are positive signs that bode well for the future of our diplomatic relationships.

In the executive, my cabinet and I have been working very hard - despite the lack of manpower due to the holidays - to regain the trust of the region and to maintain activity and to lift overall morale of the region. We have managed to revive multiple ministries and government branches such as the East Pacific Sovereign Army, East Pacific Police Service, and Eastern Pacific News Service, which were all non-existent throughout Fedele's one year tenure as Delegate. We have also come up with multiple brilliant ideas to further engage the region with our offsite government. One of which is the unveiling of TEP's official YouTube channel, which provides more opportunities for our nations to engage with the work we are doing and to understand the role of the administration in improving the region.

The East Pacific as a region is only looking onwards and upwards. The region is more united than we were ever before and together we're looking to achieve greater heights as a region, community, and family. We are more vigilant in preserving our security and freedoms, which go hand in hand. Despite the adversity of Fedele’s attempt to weaken our region, The East Pacific has emerged stronger, braver and more resilient.

Yours Truly,
Marrabuk

Last edited:
Can you ask him what legislation?
I believe the legislations include amendments to the Standing Orders of the Magisterium to tighten admission requirements and a rewrite of the Concordat (exemplified by Funk's Forty-Five Theses) which tried to take power away from the established government structure. So here's how I would edit the passage:
There was a sudden interest shown by his associates in the Magisterium to push certain legislation that would benefit their coup, including amendments to the Standing Orders of the Magisterium (The East Pacific's legislature, at the time largely made up of Fedele's associates) that created more requirements for admission to the body and would have allowed only the Provost (Davelands at the time) and their Deputies to motion for votes. A rewrite of the Concordat was also pushed, most prominently by Funkadelia, who asserted that power should be taken away from the established government on the forums and be given to gameside residents and the Delegate, which would have removed barriers to a coup.

Fiji also raised issues with point 7, which is somewhat self-contradictory. I'm proposing to edit it as follows:
A vast majority of the RMBers were made aware of a potential coup weeks and even months before the coup eventuated. The process of convincing them was hard, but it was worth every minute, as eventually we were able to do so. So it came as no surprise that when the eventual attempted coup happened, the RMBers were very prepared to fight Fedele with everything they had at their disposal.

Last edited:
Back