Praetor for Delegate

So you would rather let someone coup the region than have your reputation tarnished slightly by temporarily (and understandably) breaking one of the region's laws? Some would say that this type of selfish attitude is unbecoming of someone who is looking to become Delegate of the largest feeder in NS. How would you respond?
An attempted coup does not equal a successful coup. I have confidence in our Security Council and our community that any attempted couper would quickly find themselves powerless. Furthermore, couping to stop a couper creates problems in the future as other coupers could attempt to justify their coup based on "Praetor couped in the past and everyone was fine with it, I'm just going the same thing."

It's a bit of a silly hypothetical, Mall.
:cheese:
An attempted coup does not equal a successful coup. I have confidence in our Security Council and our community that any attempted couper would quickly find themselves powerless. Furthermore, couping to stop a couper creates problems in the future as other coupers could attempt to justify their coup based on "Praetor couped in the past and everyone was fine with it, I'm just going the same thing."
To be clear, you think everyone would be fine with it if you couped? Don't you think that's a dangerous thing to believe as someone who aspires to the Delegate throne?

:cheese:

To be clear, you think everyone would be fine with it if you couped? Don't you think that's a dangerous thing to believe as someone who aspires to the Delegate throne?
I didn't say that. Rather, that a potential couper in the future might say that. :P

Hi Praetor, good luck with your campaign! I like your idea of using cards to incentive HA recruitment.

A couple questions about Home Affairs:
1. Do you have any plans to update the TNP Handbook?
2. What are your plans for recruitment and mentoring in Home Affairs?
3. Will you be continuing survey as part of Home Affairs?

Last edited:
I plan to leave the operational running to the current staff of the North Pacific Army (NPA)—since I joined TNP, I have seen tremendous growth in the organization. This is largely due to Gladio’s efforts and subsequent Ministers of Defence building onto the foundation laid. I may have been a former officer but it has been a while since I was a member (got to get that legendary status!). It is clear that the NPA is well-trained, sizable and active.

I will increase the size of the NPA even further through aggressive promotion. This will be done through two different methods. First, to recruit nations who are hesitant to fully commit to joining the NPA, we would host “open houses” where nations would be able to join a simple operation with the NPA in order to explore what this whole military thing is about. After experiencing the thrill of the NPA, nations will want to sign up to join us on the forums.

As mentioned subsequently, the NPA will also produce “raid reports” (themed reports of what the military did) in conjunction with the Ministry of Communications to advertise through dispatches and the NS forums.

Together, these measures will take the NPA to even greater heights!
Do you plan to initiate a retaliation against the CCD in the wake of their failed coup? If so how? Do you see the CCD coup as an indication of a broader fascist trend in gameplay? Do you intend on expanding the Anti-fascist operations of the NPA? If so how?

If you had to name your ideal cabinet, who would be in it? Why?

How do you plan on administering the roleplay side of TNP? Do you intend on expanding the Cabinet's involvement in roleplay? How would you promote roleplay to the rest of the region?

What is your perspective on our relationship with The Pacific? What do you think about their recent personnel changes?

What do you believe the role of the Vice Delegate should be in cooperation with the Delegate?

Hi Praetor, good luck with your campaign! I like your idea of using cards to incentive HA recruitment.

A couple questions about Home Affairs:
1. Do you have any plans to update the TNP Handbook?
2. What are your plans for recruitment and mentoring in Home Affairs?
3. Will you be continuing survey as part of Home Affairs?
Glad to hear it!

1. Information should always be updated whenever possible. During my term as Guildmaster, I ensured that trading cards were included in the appropriate dispatches (thanks r3n for the tech!). One aspect of the TNP Handbook which could be elaborated on (and has been mentioned previously) is Roleplay to include the other roleplay maps. If there are any other outdated parts those should be updated as well.

2. I have been impressed with the quality of the work done in recruiting and mentoring by Home Affairs. I would like to increase recruitment by targeting players for the Cards Guild. Additionally, after social deduction games begin, I see this as another long-term sustainable activity which could be used for recruiting. Prior to making any changes to mentoring, I think a conversation with all of the mentors would be appropriate on what works best and what does not. I have considered a variety of ideas (eg. making groups of new members and a mentor) but any plans should be discussed with those doing the work.

3. We have had a number of important surveys done thanks to McMasterdonia's work. A couple of them have had issues gathering enough responses. I am cautious that attempting to do more surveys might garner even less responses. We won't be doing surveys unless there is a need for them. Are there any topics in which you think we should send out a survey?

Do you plan to initiate a retaliation against the CCD in the wake of their failed coup? If so how? Do you see the CCD coup as an indication of a broader fascist trend in gameplay? Do you intend on expanding the Anti-fascist operations of the NPA? If so how?
There are limited avenues to retaliating against the CCD. I am confident that McMasterdonia's administration took every possible retaliation possible. Similarly, the NPA has always operated to limit fascists. This will not change. As I mentioned, I proposed a liberation of a passworded, founderless fascist region which resulted in the region being refounded. I would continue to support the NPA as they work to destroy fascist regions.

There have always been fascists in NationStates. Unfortunately, we will not be able to completely eliminate them although we should unquestionably work towards that. I think it would be appropriate for us to work with everyone in NS to push Max Barry further on banning fascism from the site. While Max has always been opposed towards restricting anything he sees as free speech, we know that he can be moved. Moderators now accept off-site evidence (under strict conditions) and the limits on what you can post on the site have been even stricter in relation to COVID. We should take a role in bringing about a coalition towards NS limiting fascists more.
If you had to name your ideal cabinet, who would be in it? Why?
I find that this question gets asked a lot and the typical answer will find that a majority of the members are former Delegates. I think this can be a huge risk as it devalues the contributions that newer members can make and creates the impression that if possible, one should go with someone who has done the position before (or similar) over something. Newer members are the lifeblood of the region and are what will sustain this community. As such, all of the members of my ideal Cabinet will be citizens who have not held a Minister position before. While I am listening names, they would not be guaranteed a spot in my administration and it would be contingent upon their application and other competitors.

In no particular order:
Minister of Home Affairs: @9003 has experience in the Ministry. He has experience in administration as well and I have worked with him in the Cards Guild as my Deputy. Additionally, as a cards player, he is well-suited to doing repetitive tasks. :P
Minister of Culture: @Nimarya would be my pick for the Ministry of Culture. Personal connections and a positive disposition are essential for the success of creating a new community. I am confident that she would be able to create the right atmosphere and culture (pun unintended) as we work to implement social deduction games and broaden our activity base. Additionally, Nim has had a multitude of fun ideas that have sparked additional activity in TNP (the Bakery, and the Book Club).
Minister of Foreign Affairs: @Sanjurika has been a steady Deputy for the Ministry for quite some time now and participant in the Ministry. Additionally, they process Executive Staff applications relatively quickly which is important.
Minister of World Assembly Affairs: @Cosmosplosion as he is both experienced in the SC and the GA. He's also been attempting to help out new authors in the region which is a great fit to what I wish for the region to accomplish.
Minister of Defence: @Koopa103 is an active member of the NPA with more experience than me so it's good to have more experienced people I can rely on.
Minister of Radio: @Vivanco would be my pick as they've been both active in the Ministry and active in VCs. Both important qualities to have.
Minister of Communications: @Pierce would be my Minister as they have been actively getting involved in governance of the region and seem promising. I am not in the Ministry so having applications would be quite helpful. ;)

How do you plan on administering the roleplay side of TNP? Do you intend on expanding the Cabinet's involvement in roleplay? How would you promote roleplay to the rest of the region?
Administration of the roleplay community is the responsibility of the Administration and the Roleplay Moderators. I will not be imposing myself on them. Similar to that extent, I would not intend to expand Cabinet's involvement in roleplay without the support of the roleplay community and moderators.

Now, Roleplay promotion we definitely can and will do. Telegrams from HA advertising RP will continue to fly, the NBS will host RP content on their broadcasts, and dispatches will be updated to currently reflect the state of our roleplay. As I touched on in my reply to Fiji's question, I believe an as of yet avenue of promoting the roleplay community is through dispatches. Ongoing roleplays or roleplays that are going to be beginning could be advertised in dispatches and upvoted to gain awareness of what is going on in the community and how players that want to get started can join in.
What is your perspective on our relationship with The Pacific? What do you think about their recent personnel changes?
Our relationship tends to be polite but distant. We tend to not work with them too much. Their recent personnel changes are good (I suppose you mean those happening over a year ago). Xoriet and Elegarth are both nice. And they play cards which is great. :D
What do you believe the role of the Vice Delegate should be in cooperation with the Delegate?
The Vice Delegate should be working with the Delegate to ensure the safety of the region both in-game and off-site. The Delegate can be helpful to the Vice Delegate in that many foreign goings on pass through their ears, as such, any potential security threats may end up being heard by the Delegate which they can pass on to the Vice Delegate. Open communication is helpful to ensure that should something happen the Vice Delegate has a headsup, eg. "I'm going on vacation for two days, may not have wifi." (not that I will be going on vacation at all during the term...). Lastly, Vice Delegate can work with the Delegate on initiatives which are promoting gathering endorsements in the region.

The All-Animal Extraordinary Commission have ears and eyes everywhere, Comrade Praetrockij >->
:bunny:
I notice you make notes about WALL participation, have you had any thoughts about expanding WALL?
Yes. As I would only be representing one region, I would not be able to say for certain whether as an organization we would or not. I do think that WALL could expand and would especially be interested in regions that are active in resolution writing.

Where I think WALL could improve the most is by going deeper—my proposal for promoting a GA community in TNP touches on that aspect and I would love to work with other regions (both WALL and not) to try to bring about a reality where there are a number of resolution writers and debaters in the region that help new nations write resolutions and get involved in the GA.

I have considered this and been guilty of this as well. I have considered a variety of strategies. For example, one I considered was just not posting anything on Discord (however, this might have the unintended side effect of the thread going entirely unnoticed). I think the best strategy to overcome this is polite insistence that this conversation really does need to be taken to the forum. I think another aspect is a culture of just going to post on Discord immediately. I hope we can change this culture.

I hope you are right. Personally I think it is unlikely that you can reverse it, but rather we need to reiterate the benefit of both models. Discord works for somethings, forum works better for others.

In the Ruling of the Court found here, the Court ruled that "the Freedom of Information Act applies to any platform on which TNP government business is conducted." Part of the Freedom of Information Act states "[p]rivate government records which reach one year of age will be relocated to the appropriate Declassified Archive visible to residents.". As a former member of Cabinet, I know that there are channels which are no longer in use, which have not been declassified (unless I can't find them) such as the cabinet chambers. I mentioned releasing them appropriately—that is the part which includes removing classified information. While permission from those involved would be preferable, legally, there does not appear to be an option to do so. The Court specified in their ruling that the author of messages written in one's capacity as a government official are owned by that government body. If there is some missing or incorrect information, please, do let me know.

I understand the court ruling. However I think the Court ruling does not reflect the realities of the scale of the work involved or the difficulties. My first thought is that perhaps it should be the subject of further law reform or a secondary review.

So really my question was about the practicalities of how you would do it, not what the Court thinks should be done. The cabinet chambers have been in permanent use from Fiji's term in order to prevent such an issue in future and I hope this would continue. Other than that, I think records from when you were last in cabinet were simply deleted.

The reality is that you would have to read hundreds of thousands of lines of text to determine what is confidential and what isn't. I don't think it is realistic that you'd personally have time to do this in a way that a) ensures confidential information is removed; and b) ensures that private real life information that members of cabinet share for cabinet ears only is not released publicly.

So how would you practically action this?

Yes, I think the most valuable part of TNS is the update on the military which will be reworked and can server as an "easier" entry point into Communications. Spotlights could become fuller interviews like the one in which Fiji interviews Wally (the best done interview I have seen in NationStates). In terms of getting new staff involved, I would promote themes to those interested both inside and outside of TNP. In terms of having unexpected issues (eg. a Minister leaving), I believe that appropriate spreading of responsibilities would help mitigate issues.

That makes sense. What about the other aspects of TNS? Would those be dropped or would you utilise them too? Like RA highlights, and the WA digest?

Problem-solving. What is the problem? What are the issues causing it? What are the potential solutions? Which one is the best? How do we mitigate risks? How do we evaluate our success? I like that sort of stuff. :)

Makes sense. Thanks.

My greatest flaw would be wanting to do too much. I think this is reflected by tampering down what I would like to accomplish in this platform. As Delegate, it would require delegating appropriately and ensuring that I do not overload myself or others. I also have the potential to either share too much information or not enough. In which case, I just need someone to ask for a tl;ldr or for me to elaborate respectively.

I have also been guilty of this as well.

I believe the position of Equilism compared to when the alliance was made has changed the most. However, rather than cutting off friends, I would like to work with them if possible to give them a helping hand. :)

Interesting choice!

Forest. I believe there is potential for both cultural affairs collaboration as they have a vibrant community and are quite active in the General Assembly. I would also love to work on bringing issues to TNP although I know that the Issue Editors in Forest are quite hesitant on that.

Makes sense. Forest has been resistant to such closer ties in the past. But hopefully that will change.

Some more general questions:

1) Would you keep the position of Press Secretary?

2) TNP is a particularly secure and stable region. I am interested to know what regions do you think are particularly vulnerable at the moment to a coup or further instability?

3) What process would you take to banning or ejecting nations from the region? Generally, I have required the GA's to seek approval before banning (except in obvious cases of spamming/recruitment).

4) Would you be in favour of changing the regional flag?

5) What is your position on RMB recruitment spam by other regions?

6) Do you have any ideas for discord based activities we could do? (Think like Themed Thursday type ideas)

I hope you are right. Personally I think it is unlikely that you can reverse it, but rather we need to reiterate the benefit of both models. Discord works for somethings, forum works better for others.
We have no problem using Discord what it should be used for: casual chat, drawing attention to items on the forum, helping new players learn about the game, etc. We have a struggle in conducting more extensive discussion on the forum and I would like to work on bringing more of that back to the forum.

I understand the court ruling. However I think the Court ruling does not reflect the realities of the scale of the work involved or the difficulties. My first thought is that perhaps it should be the subject of further law reform or a secondary review.

So really my question was about the practicalities of how you would do it, not what the Court thinks should be done. The cabinet chambers have been in permanent use from Fiji's term in order to prevent such an issue in future and I hope this would continue. Other than that, I think records from when you were last in cabinet were simply deleted.

The reality is that you would have to read hundreds of thousands of lines of text to determine what is confidential and what isn't. I don't think it is realistic that you'd personally have time to do this in a way that a) ensures confidential information is removed; and b) ensures that private real life information that members of cabinet share for cabinet ears only is not released publicly.

So how would you practically action this?
Right now, it is a bit of an ugly mess. We can't just ignore the law. If there is further law reform that could deal with it or a secondary R4R I would welcome one.

It is good to know that the standard procedure has been changed to lessen the work involved—that makes my plan more feasible. It is rather concerning that government records were deleted however. Would you happen to know the timeframe from which there remains records to be declassified and have not been deleted?

Both categories of confidential information should be limited to as little group of people as possible. As such, I would not be comfortable assigning someone unelected specifically to declassifying material. Confidential information can often be posted without intention of doing so. The only other acceptable option would be if someone who was already party to that channel was willing to volunteer on declassifying material. Otherwise, it does look as though I would have to personally work on declassifying threads. I have read quite long channels before in NS in search of specific material. Additionally, while I do not have access to the channels, I think hundreds of thousands of lines of text is probably on the higher end. Somebody will have to suffer through declassifying the threads. I'm willing to do it.

The declassification issue is present for whoever is elected Delegate—not just me—if anyone has any other issues on how to resolve this problem, I am open to them.

That makes sense. What about the other aspects of TNS? Would those be dropped or would you utilize them too? Like RA highlights, and the WA digest?
At this time, I would not. That information is publicly available and serves less of a recruitment tool as the NPA operations do. It is important that the Ministry regroups so to speak and focuses on a few core aspects.
1) Would you keep the position of Press Secretary?

2) TNP is a particularly secure and stable region. I am interested to know what regions do you think are particularly vulnerable at the moment to a coup or further instability?

3) What process would you take to banning or ejecting nations from the region? Generally, I have required the GA's to seek approval before banning (except in obvious cases of spamming/recruitment).

4) Would you be in favour of changing the regional flag?

5) What is your position on RMB recruitment spam by other regions?

6) Do you have any ideas for discord based activities we could do? (Think like Themed Thursday type ideas)
1) I plan to post weekly reports and keep nations informed through these weekly postings. As such, I do not believe there is sufficient need for a Press Secretary.

2) Any founderless regions. :P Joking aside, I believe that of the regions most relevant to our interest, that Stargate is the most likely to be subject to instability. In our allies, we are seeing that those which democratically elect their Delegate are putting emphasis on having their WAs endotart and build up an influence base. I think in the long-term, we will continue to see these regions move away from instability.

3) Personally, I'm always scared whenever I file a GHR that I actually made a mistake so I usually double check with the rules before filing one. Banjecting a nation is significant so I believe the current process of seeking consultations prior to an ejection or banning should be done.

4) As I mentioned earlier, yes I am open to it. Would be interested in holding that event which was previously going to be planned by Culture to have a contest to have a new flag (and then propose it to the RA).

5) NS rules apply to our RMB. I will continue to vigorously enforce that with the help of the Gameside Advocates. It's important that we keep our RMB usable for community members.

6) I like the Themed Thursdays and plan to continue them. It would be possible in the future to organize social deduction games on the Discord but that would not be my intent to start off with. There was previously much more activity on the games server, we can look into resparking that interest. Adventure was a game which many found to be fun.

Last edited:
Administration of the roleplay community is the responsibility of the Administration and the Roleplay Moderators. I will not be imposing myself on them. Similar to that extent, I would not intend to expand Cabinet's involvement in roleplay without the support of the roleplay community and moderators.
I love you for this answer.
The cabinet chambers have been in permanent use from Fiji's term in order to prevent such an issue in future and I hope this would continue. Other than that, I think records from when you were last in cabinet were simply deleted.
Well this is super fucking worrying and entirely anti-transparency. Kinda disappointing really.

Can you tell us a little bit about your background? When were you founded? Have you been active in other regions? If so, what positions have you held in those regions? Are you currently active in any other regions?

One of McMs strengths has been that he appears to be everywhere, all at once. He makes an extraordinary time commitment to the job. Do you believe you will be able to invest the hours needed to be an effective delegate?

I love you for this answer.
Glad to hear your approval. :D
Can you tell us a little bit about your background? When were you founded? Have you been active in other regions? If so, what positions have you held in those regions? Are you currently active in any other regions?
I was founded in The North Pacific, back in early 2016. I wandered over to the forum and applied to the Executive Staff, after my application was missed for quite some time (one of the reasons I put so much emphasis on accepting staff applications), I took the logical step of running for Delegate. :P The other candidate was impressed enough that he accepted my application to be MoFA. I have had resided in other regions but I have not held citizenship in any region except for The North Pacific. I have not held positions in any other region nor do I currently.

I believe it is best to dedicate yourself to one region.
One of McMs strengths has been that he appears to be everywhere, all at once. He makes an extraordinary time commitment to the job. Do you believe you will be able to invest the hours needed to be an effective delegate?
Yes. For one, I plan to stop card farming which takes up quite a number of my hours; my priority would be leading the region. Additionally, I have much more spare time on my hands due to quarantining and will continue to do so even if social distancing stops.
What is going to be your biggest challenge if elected?
Dealing with all the messages from people wanting to talk to me. Even as MoFA, I tended to log on and find a ton of messages and different situations to attend to. Being able to know where to properly direct attention to, delegate to someone else to, or can be ignored is something that will be challenging when there are dozens of people wanting your attention. I am confident I will be able to handle this based on my previous experience as MoFA.
What will be your criteria for approving World Assembly proposals?
The first determinant is whether WALL has supported or opposed the proposal. That is the first determinant as I must remain complaint with the law. Secondly, I would consider is this resolution something that the region may wish to pass? If so, I would be inclined to approve it. There are additional factors: proposals supporting fascism would not be approved. Proposals that are not forum drafted would have me looking to determine if there is sufficient reason to skip that, if there wasn't I would be inclined to not approve. Additionally, if proposals are being campaigned for, I would be more inclined to support them.

I, unfortunately, cannot say that I saw this coming or that I expected you to make a run for the Delegacy, but what I can say and what I will say is that this is a rather pleasant surprise to me and you’ve presented a strong candidacy thus far. Out of respect to all of the other candidates running in this race, I’ve refrained from making too many comments aside from regular questioning, so as to survey the field if you will and give every candidate an equal chance at presenting their platforms and clarifying on what their intentions would be if elected into office.

That being said, I feel as if an adequate amount of time has passed and I’m excited to begin talking about what the future of our executive branch of government looks like! For you specifically, Praetor, I appreciate how you’ve made a conscious effort to provide details on how your goals outlined herein this campaign ought to be achieved. In my opinion, that’s a very important thing for candidates to be able to do and I think it showcases your awareness of everything that’s happened in the region up until this point.

In fact, each candidate seems to be doing a very good job of answering questions and responding to feedback, but I think what separates you from many others is the unique perspective you’re able to offer and how clearly you’re able to communicate your ideas. You’re not only just as imaginative as you claim to be, but you’re a visionary who’s taken ideas that we once thought to not be worth our time and created a lasting impact with your contributions as the North Pacific’s first-ever Guildmaster.

Under your guidanc (and with assistance from r3n and DGES among others) the Cards Guild has become wildly popular and widely successful, and in my mind, it’s indisputable that your ability to innovate, to visualize, and to engage with members of this community is what makes your candidacy as strong as I perceive it to be. This is clear from your dedication as a Gameside Advocate, this is evidenced by your frequent posting on the regional message board, and this is true from your time in the Ministry of Home Affairs and with the helpful voice you've offered to many.

When it comes to your specific objectives for each ministry, I like how you have the foreign affairs background and the knowledge of World Assembly Affairs to truly be an involved and active Delegate on the external affairs front. When it comes to your internal policies, I have seen the effect that social deduction games such as Werewolf and Secret Hitler have had on communities across NationStates. Namely, from my experiences in the Rejected Realms and in the Republic of Europeia, as well as in the South Pacific, and I can attest to how effective these types of activities can be in attracting newcomers, engaging visitors with our region, and making our citizens feel more closely tied to one another as part of a united community.

Going forward, it’s especially important that the North Pacific rediscover its sense of unity, and in our community, I feel as though the social deduction games you propose in this campaign will be of great use to us as we venture down that path. Although I may not be as influential as some, I still would like to reward this type of initiative being shown and express my approval of the ideas you have. Bearing all of that in mind, I'd like to offer my endorsement of you for Delegate of the North Pacific.

(EDIT: I wanted to include some names and show some love to others who’ve been helping Praetor in the Cards Guild such as r3n, DGES, Valentine Z, etc. Much appreciation for everything the cards team does!)

Last edited:
I, unfortunately, cannot say that I saw this coming or that I expected you to make a run for the Delegacy, but what I can say and what I will say is that this is a rather pleasant surprise to me and you’ve presented a strong candidacy thus far. Out of respect to all of the other candidates running in this race, I’ve refrained from making too many comments aside from regular questioning, so as to survey the field if you will and give every candidate an equal chance at presenting their platforms and clarifying on what their intentions would be if elected into office.

That being said, I feel as if an adequate amount of time has passed and I’m excited to begin talking about what the future of our executive branch of government looks like! For you specifically, Praetor, I appreciate how you’ve made a conscious effort to provide details on how your goals outlined herein this campaign ought to be achieved. In my opinion, that’s a very important thing for candidates to be able to do and I think it showcases your awareness of everything that’s happened in the region up until this point.

In fact, each candidate seems to be doing a very good job of answering questions and responding to feedback, but I think what separates you from many others is the unique perspective you’re able to offer and how clearly you’re able to communicate your ideas. You’re not only just as imaginative as you claim to be, but you’re a visionary who’s taken ideas that we once thought to not be worth our time and created a lasting impact with your contributions as the North Pacific’s first-ever Guildmaster.

Under your guidanc (and with assistance from r3n and DGES among others) the Cards Guild has become wildly popular and widely successful, and in my mind, it’s indisputable that your ability to innovate, to visualize, and to engage with members of this community is what makes your candidacy as strong as I perceive it to be. This is clear from your dedication as a Gameside Advocate, this is evidenced by your frequent posting on the regional message board, and this is true from your time in the Ministry of Home Affairs and with the helpful voice you've offered to many.

When it comes to your specific objectives for each ministry, I like how you have the foreign affairs background and the knowledge of World Assembly Affairs to truly be an involved and active Delegate on the external affairs front. When it comes to your internal policies, I have seen the effect that social deduction games such as Werewolf and Secret Hitler have had on communities across NationStates. Namely, from my experiences in the Rejected Realms and in the Republic of Europeia, as well as in the South Pacific, and I can attest to how effective these types of activities can be in attracting newcomers, engaging visitors with our region, and making our citizens feel more closely tied to one another as part of a united community.

Going forward, it’s especially important that the North Pacific rediscover its sense of unity, and in our community, I feel as though the social deduction games you propose in this campaign will be of great use to us as we venture down that path. Although I may not be as influential as some, I still would like to reward this type of initiative being shown and express my approval of the ideas you have. Bearing all of that in mind, I'd like to offer my endorsement of you for Delegate of the North Pacific.

(EDIT: I wanted to include some names and show some love to others who’ve been helping Praetor in the Cards Guild such as r3n, DGES, Valentine Z, etc. Much appreciation for everything the cards team does!)
Thank you for your endorsement Robespierre. It is greatly appreciated :D

I appreciate the acknowledgement of the impact that the Cards Guild has had in such a short time and we have a great team. I look forward to being able to bring my vision to the executive and further expand our community.

Cards are probably the newest addition to NationStates that has made a sizeable impact upon the entire GP community. With this in mind, do you believe that the World Assembly should regularize the passage of proposals that solely engage with the topic of cards, and if so, do you believe TNP should actively pursue writing more of these, whether it be for members within this region or for non-members?

(Oh and by the way I'm voting for u :queen:)

Cards are probably the newest addition to NationStates that has made a sizeable impact upon the entire GP community. With this in mind, do you believe that the World Assembly should regularize the passage of proposals that solely engage with the topic of cards, and if so, do you believe TNP should actively pursue writing more of these, whether it be for members within this region or for non-members?

(Oh and by the way I'm voting for u :queen:)
Glad to have your vote! :D

I believe given timing that the World Assembly will more regularly see the passage of proposals engaging with cards both either in part or solely and should pass more cards resolutions. Your recent commendation and KK's condemnation were solely about cards while I have seen cards mentioned in the drafting of other resolutions (eg. Commend Valentine Z). TNP can definitely actively engage this as both the leading region in Cards and in cards authoring (the only region with two authors who wrote a resolution solely about cards, Bormiar and 9003). I think we will see that most resolutions related to cards will be related to Guild members due to the expansiveness of the Guild overlapping with the cards community. Cards resolutions can definitely be written about those not in the Guild. There's also a lot of potential for cards to be incorporated into other proposals.

Back