Gorundu
Discord
an_dr_ew
ga.jpg

Limit On Nuclear Arsenals
Category: Global Disarmament | Strength: Strong
Proposed by: Tvars | Onsite Topic
The General Assembly,

ACKNOWLEDGES the right of a nation to possess and maintain an arsenal of nuclear weapons for the purposes of defense;

However,

ALARMED at the rapid escalations of tensions between nations possessing nuclear weapons;

CONCERNED that the proliferation of nuclear weapons begets increased possibilities of a nuclear conflict;

UNDERSTANDING the potential for great loss of human life and potential world destruction possible through the use of nuclear weapons;

DEFINES nuclear weapons as any explosive device deriving its power from nuclear reactions that is used for military purposes;

Hereby:

PROHIBITS the total yield of the nuclear arsenals of any given WA member nation from exceeding the threshold required to make one quarter of the area on the celestial body on which the aforementioned nation resides conventionally uninhabitable;

URGES WA member nations to halt or slow the proliferation of nuclear weapons;

ENCOURAGES cooperation between member nations in the safe and non-destructive removal of nuclear weapons from nations that currently exceed the aforementioned limit.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.

Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

Against. (I like the idea, but the means of regulation is odd. Why not just limit the mass of radioactive materials used in weapon arsenals?)

I think there was a similar proposal on limiting weapons (was it nuclear weapons? I can't recall at this point), and it was pointed out that it is ridiculous to limit the weapon power of member nations when there are numerous other non-member nations that are allowed to have huge amounts of weapons. Same thing here. If this resolution could be adjusted to limit the use of nuclear weapons in wars between member states, then sure I would support it. Else it is an against from me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back