Bellum Romanum (Haven and Me)

Ianmey7

TNPer
The Legate had been chosen, the Imperator choose his most trusted Legate to take six legions numbering 60,000 men to take on the tribes to the northwest. The Tribes of haven were a much more primitive people, but the Ephinephi were determined to model themselves off of their homelands. Despite the surprise, despite the technological advantage there would have to be overwhelming numbers it was not a campaign that the Imperium could afford to lose. These people were harboring those they simply called the AK users of a magic that could prove to be dangerous to the Imperium should it be allowed to continue, they would have to be destroyed. Imperator Victicous may have had more reasons for war than the hate of the Sorcerer, the lands of Haven were more suitable for agriculture and slaves were needed to work in the iron mines. Whatever the reason the legions marched on, and they were lead by the great Scippio Virum he and his six legions marched through the western mountain passes and entered the Haven planes. The first villages that they came across had the tribal leaders brought forth to speak with the Legate:

"By the order of the Imperator, you are now Imperial subjects tell us where your Sorcerer are and perhaps I will spare your hovels that you call villages." The Legate crouched down to their level, his one eyes staring into the souls of the men he had brought to them, the scar on his face clearly showing his leadership style. When the leaders had said nothing he had them released:

"Go back to your families, get your warriors ready I don't like a slaughter I would like there to be some kind of honor in what we are about to do to you."

The men were sent back to their tribes and Scippio met with his centurions he looked at the map and without looking up to the men he said: "I want five of the legions to move to the other towns, these people will not be a threat to me. Legions twelve, seventeen, twenty two, three, and seven will spread out and cover more ground. These tribes will either comply or will be destroyed, gentlemen I trust you understand that we are here to conquer land for the Empire when this battle is over I want to see the banner flowing in the surrounding fifty miles. The second legion will remain with me, other than that you have autonomy until I finish this battle."

The Second legion was arrayed for battle, the light infantry was displayed as a screen and skirmishing unit in front of the formations of infantry. Once the host of the Barbarians were in front of the legion the horns blew and the advance began. The skirmishers threw their weapons and ran behind the legion who closed formation, once the waves of enemies were close enough the legionaries threw their pillium and counter charged the enemy. The ensuing battle was a display of heavy infantry vs light infantry, the barbarians fought and fought however there was not breakthrough, the legions discipline held and as stabilization occurred across the front, the third line was split and sent top the flanks of the scrum. This allowed for the wings to push forward and begin an envelopment of the tribesmen, soon the left and right wings had closed and the barbarians were called to by Scippio.

"Noble warriors, lay down your weapons and submit to Imperial rule, or you shall be exterminated!" With this, the barbarians laid down their arms any that didn't were cut down, the legions took to the towns of the tribes and made them submit to the Imperial domination, they would be the first towns incorporated into the province of Havenica minor. Scippio wrote to the Imperator saying:

My lord I hope that this message finds you well. Our legions have destroyed a large contingent of the enemy, the survivors will be either enslaved or sent back to live their lives. I will continue my march into the plain to establish dominion over all of these tribes. I have conquered fifty miles if my Centurions have done their job, and will not stop until we have destroyed these Sorcerer or have dominated over the entirety of these barbarians. We have found one of the magic users and crucified him and his family, if you have any orders please let me know.

Your Humble Servant,
Scippio Virum
in the year of 205 in the Age of Sanguine

Last edited:
Back