[IDEA] Regulation of Rental Properties and Landlords

Cosmosplosion

the ceo of antifa
This thread will be where drafting takes place before introduction to the NS Forums. All suggestions are welcome.

• Limit increases of rent on a year-to-year basis
  • Require fair leasing practices, make evictions a more difficult process for landlords
  • Prevent landlords from exploiting tenants through various regulations (yet determined) - "Exploitation can be defined as one group excluding another from a useful resource, enriching itself in the process. In this case, that resource is housing."
  • Other minor regulations on this topic

I'd suggest considering the repercussions of making the evictions process too difficult for landlords (eg. requiring a higher rent, more stringent process in screening applicants, etc.).

I'd suggest considering the repercussions of making the evictions process too difficult for landlords (eg. requiring a higher rent, more stringent process in screening applicants, etc.).
The idea would be to combine making the eviction process harder (well, I think more-so "standardized" would be the right term) with also a way of determining what "exploitation" is in this case and using those two concepts together. If rents can't be set above X percentage of the properties' value, then higher rents wouldn't be an issue. Combine that with something like a "year-to-year" ceiling on how much a rent can increase (while still adhering to the concept of preventing exploitation), I think the proposal could prevent those unintended side effects.

so increase rent limit to year basis , what make me curious is what type of property that fall into this regulation ?
is it residential property (house/tenement/apartment) , or commercial/public property (office,studio,etc), also is there any way that to ensure ,this proposed law didnt get abused by the renter (i mean not all renter are saints ,but some people are just plain nasty renter that should be kicked as fast as possible)

Things to consider: damages to property, who would settle disputes, protecting property owners as well as tenants fairly (eg. the eviction process cannot be too hard for property owners), and what reasons property owners can evict that don't fall into the same standard of 'they didn't pay' (for instance, wanting to move in themselves)

Back