he/him
TNP Nation
Gorundu
Discord
an_dr_ew
mowa_seal.png

Midterm Address
19 March, 2020

Time flies! It's already halfway through the term. And so it's time for another report.

As Delegate @mcmasterdonia has already mentioned in his own Midterm Address, the Ministry has continued to publish Information For Voters (IFV) dispatches, with 21 so far this term. Most of these IFVs were published within the first half of the vote so that it reaches more people. We have also contributed to increased activity within WALL, with comprehensive discussions on several proposals and more motions to support or oppose proposals brought to the Voting Floor.

In the Sponsorship program, Condemn Tinfect was passed by @Morover after overwhelming approval by the Ministry, and passed the Security Council by a large margin. In addition, we have supported proposals written by TNPers which aren't in the Sponsorship program, including Liberate The Union of The Axis Powers, which triggered a refound that led to the region being secured by the North Pacific Army, and Promotion of Recycling, whose author is now an active member of the Ministry. There is currently one proposal in the Sponsorship program, On The Health and Financial Well-being of Workers by @Cosmosplosion. It appears to be well-received by members of the Ministry and we look forward to it being passed.

Aside from the regular responsibilities of the Ministry, we have also started a long-term project, Heroes of the North, which aims to recognise the achievements of TNPers through (mostly) commendations in the WA Security Council. The announcement can be found here, where you can view a list of potential nominees, and we have started the research stage on three candidates. Members of the Ministry can contribute to the research by posting in the relevant threads in the WA Headquarters subforum. If you aren't part of the Ministry yet but would like to contribute, there's no reason not to apply!

The Ministry has also seen an increase in active staff members with a stream of new applications, including two General Assembly authors who have joined our ranks. With that, I have decided to appoint a new Deputy Minister, @Cosmosplosion. Cosmo has experience as the former WA Delegate of The Versutian Federation, and has authored a resolution in the General Assembly. He has participated actively since joining the Ministry, contributed to discussions, written IFVs, and is working on new proposals. Congratulations Cosmo!

Going forward, we are committed to continuing to spread visibility of the Ministry within the region and abroad. We have already seen new people appear in our voting threads and foreign authors joining the discussions on their proposals, and we will endeavour to ensure this continues in the future.

All in all, it's been a great start to the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs, and I'm confident we are entering the second half of the term with great strength.

Yours sincerely,
Gorundu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back