Bormiar II
Discord
jibberjabber56

sc.jpg

Commend Cormactopia Prime

Category: Commendation | Nominee: Cormactopia Prime
Proposed by: Jakker City | Onsite Topic

The Security Council,

Highlighting the recognition that Cormactopia Prime has among their fellow nations due to their region-building and authorship,

Further highlighting that this recognition is evident by this nominee being named the most influential and impactful nation across four years,

Affirming the nominee's years of service to Osiris in building regional stability through:
  • Serving in multiple leadership positions including delegate on three separate occasions and vice-delegate twice;
  • Authoring several constitutions and playing a vital role in the current governmental structure of the region;
  • Intervening to ensure that the region recovered after hostile foreign agents were found to be in the government including LizLemons, a candidate for delegate at the time, and Adytus, who proposed a constitution and attempted to stack the voting with other hostile parties;
Recognizing that after foreign agents attempted to manipulate the government of Lazarus in 2018, Cormactopia Prime stepped in to write the constitution for the region and minimize hostile influences,

Noting that after these agents were revealed, Cormactopia Prime became heavily involved in Pacifica, serving as the region’s delegate and president,

Admiring the responsibility that the nominee took on to form the regional community and government,

Further admiring Cormactopia Prime’s leadership in transitioning these nations to Thalassia after the regional founder refused to step down after many months of inactivity,

Applauding the nominee’s efforts, across several nations, in authoring numerous resolutions and documents including:
  • Four Security Council Liberations (#144 Liberate Liberal Haven, #154 Liberate Coalition of Freedom, #159 Liberate The International Communist Union, and #198 Liberate The Arab League);
  • The Ten Commandments of Detagging to provide expectations for novice defending nations as well as a notice on how to approach nations who have engaged in behaviors that have caused harm in regional communities;
Appreciating the nominee’s commitment to fighting the spread of fascism and condemning the ideology over the years through multiple military campaigns including their assistance in leading the Sovereign Confederation's invasion of Union of Fascists, and advancing regional policies against fascism in Pacifica, Thalassia, and Asgard,

Acknowledging Cormactopia Prime's advocacy of equality and inclusion through their Commendation of Gay and their organization of The NationStates #LoveIsLove Campaign,

Declaring that it takes significant competency to not only possess the level of command that this nominee has held for years, but also use that power to build up other regions,

Hereby Commends Cormactopia Prime.

Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.

Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

Last edited:
Cormac clearly is motivated by power lust, and has threatened to coup the North Pacific and its allies an incalculable number of times.

Against.

Last edited:
It’s really hard to imagine what the ideal commendation of Cormac looks like. I believe it can be done, and this one covers much of the ground that would need to be covered. But it comes off as too stale and too straight-laced, not to mention it seems to be missing something that would color it in such a way that it would feel like it embodies Cormac’s whole...thing, such as it is. I just don’t feel this one does it, and I’m holding out for something better.

Against

It’s really hard to imagine what the ideal commendation of Cormac looks like. I believe it can be done, and this one covers much of the ground that would need to be covered. But it comes off as too stale and too straight-laced, not to mention it seems to be missing something that would color it in such a way that it would feel like it embodies Cormac’s whole...thing, such as it is. I just don’t feel this one does it, and I’m holding out for something better.

Agreed. Part of it is that I would be for if the condemnation was first and mentioned threatening us (and our allies in detail).

This is a difficult one to gauge, especially when you know that the author has also written a condemnation proposal for the nominee. All and all, I’m going to have to say...

Against.

I haven't been a member of NS very long, and, as such, I am not personally aware of the deeds done by Cormactopia Prime, good or bad. I will be personally abstaining from this vote.

Present

Against. I see this as a very slanted view of Cormac's history in NS and leaves out a lot of his words and actions that disqualify him, in my view.

Worth noting that the intention of the author is to both Commend and Condemn Cormac, so this is the first of two and why it has a very slanted view.

Temporarily changing my vote to present, upon having had a conversation with Cormac that mitigates the need for the high standard of writing I initially expected from this draft.

However, I'm not sure whether he can be believed.

Last edited:
Against. I think it is difficult to deny that Cormac has done much that is commendable, but the reality of it is that he has also often done much the opposite. I appreciate the intention is for a dual commend and condemn, broadly in keeping with Cormac’s own duality, but to me the result of that seems to simply be two resolutions that lack the nuance needed to really do justice to Cormac’s contributions.

I have taken upon myself to be as informed as possible. Despite my short history I believe that sudden changes of heart do not happen and as such I am voting Against

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back