[Private] The AG’s Records - What to do with them?

Zyvetskistaahn

TNPer
-
-
TNP Nation
Zyvetskistaahn
Discord
Zyvet#9958
Given we are now the custodians of the AG’s records, I think that we plainly need to decide what to do with them. Firstly, in the short term so that the now extraneous sub-fora can be disestablished. Secondly, in the longer term with a view to declassification of the private material.

I think that, in relation to the first, my view is that: everything in the public part of the AG’s office should be emptied into the Legal Office portion of the archives, which are public; as to the non-public parts, I would be minded to say that they should be emptied into a non-public sub-forum of the Legal Office archive (which I think will need to be created, as it looks like the AG has just kept threads in the ordinary forum)

In relation to the second, my broad view is that where the records relate to r4rs, the general duties of the AG and criminal charges that were made public, there should be declassification, subject to issues of sensitive RL information or information that goes to regional security. I would be minded to say that criminal investigations that never progressed to public charges should not be disclosed, in the interest of avoiding prejudice to those who were investigated.

The public records are moved. As to the private records, what I would be minded to do is ask for the establishment of a private legal office archive and to move all of the Back Room and Sensitive Investigations threads there, so that the AG’s sub-fora in the Court can be disestablished. I will also need to make arrangements for the logging of the discord server and channel, what I would be minded to do with them is to get them all and then try to break them up into terms or to particular cases, which should improve their utility for people who go through the archives and may make the declassification process easier; I would probably just compile those into threads in this sub-forum and then move them into the private legal office archive or, if they relate to matters that have threads in the archive, add them into those threads.

I have asked the moves of the AG’s records and disestablishment of their sub-forum as indicated above to be done and, as you will note from the lack of an AG sub-forum, it has been done. The AG’s private records are now located here.

Back