Overhaul of dispatch infrastructure

r3naissanc3r

TNPer
-
-
I spent some time porting all of our dispatch-relating gameside scripts to the new "dispatch" API framework [violet] released a couple of weeks ago. The fact that they now use the API and not HTML scraping should make all of them much more robust and faster. As an example, the daily dispatch update now takes about 2 minutes, instead of the more than 30 minutes it used to.

This change affects quite a few resources, including:
1) The dispatch posting service.
2) All dispatch-posting spreadsheets.
3) The dispatch maintainer that updates the Handbook, WADP, etc.

As this is a pretty big change, it is possible that I may have introduced some bugs. I am posting this thread so that people using the above services take a note: If you run into any bugs, or if you see any of our standing dispatches having strange content, it is likely because of the changes reported here, so please let me know.

Last edited:
As a note, with this overhaul done, the start time daily dispatch update has been moved to around 6:30 am ET, instead of the previous 8 am ET. The exact time varies, as the dispatch update needs to wait for some previous script to finish running, and that previous script has a varying runtime depending on NS activity.

The total time it takes to update all dispatches has been brought down from about 40 minutes to around 5 minutes. So, all dispatches should be updated by around 6:40 am ET.

Back