sG8YGQy.png
Regional Assembly Highlights
by Artemis, Legislative Correspondent

Regional Assembly Highlights, January 2020

Speaker: Deropia
Deputy Speakers: Bobberino, Kaschovia

Current Business

Term Limit Removal Bill by Pallaith

Summary: The Term Limit Removal Bill aims to do just as the title says. This constitutional amendment would amend Article 3 Section 12 to strike out a provision that limits the Delegate to being elected more than two consecutive terms. The bill has garnered a large amount of attention from a wide variety of members of the community. Opponents to the bill have indicated that this bill will not lead to an increase in competitive elections and will lead to a stagnation in our executive branch. Supporters of the bill have argued the opposite, citing that this bill will lead to an increase in competition and encourage members to run against incumbent Delegates.

Military Modernisation Bill by McMasterdonia

Summary: Originally drafted as an amendment to the Constitution and the Legal Code, the Military Modernisation Bill has been altered as an amendment to the Legal Code with the promise of discussion on a separate constitutional amendment. The MMB aims to replace from the Legal Code the chapter regarding the North Pacific Army and modernize the laws governing the NPA. This amendment aims to allow more flexibility to the operations of the NPA while still maintaining the Independent ideology and oversight from the Regional Assembly.

Last edited:
...that limits the Delegate to being elected more than two terms.
...two consecutive terms.
The MMB aims to remove from the Legal Code the chapter regarding the North Pacific Army...
I'd recommend that this be reworded to say "replace" instead. Saying "remove" implies something very different.
oversight
Independent Ideology
I don't think ideology needs to be capitalized here.

Last edited:
What about Praetor's bill, or the declaration of war? Even though the discussion has stopped, I think it's still worth noting them.
Shoot nevermind I forgot they are still private.

Last edited:
Back