he/him
TNP Nation
Gorundu
Discord
an_dr_ew
mowa_seal.png

Opening Address
13 January, 2020

Second opening address in a month, so I'll keep it short.

First of all, it is an honour to be again appointed as Minister by the re-elected Delegate
@mcmasterdonia (I thanked you this time, is that good enough? :P). Over the last month, since I took over the position, the ministry was faced with a long World Assembly voting spree, sometimes with simultaneous votes in both chambers, forcing the ministry to produce IFVs every 3-4 days or even less. As the voting spree winds down, it's time to focus on our other goals for the ministry.

One focus of this term will be promoting discussion and votes on WA proposals in our forums before they get to vote or early during the vote, to ensure there are more opinions heard by the time an IFV is published. To achieve this, voting/discussion threads in the WA Affairs subforum will be posted on the RMB as soon as they are created to increase the number of RMB players engaged with our WA discussions. In addition, ministry staff will search for viable proposals that are being drafted in the on-site forums and post them in the WALL subforum to seek opinions from TNP and WALL members, as well as encourage authors to engage on our forums.

Another focus this term will be promoting visibility, transparency and trust in WALL. This includes a project of publishing regular digests on voting activity of WALL members and the influence of WALL on WA votes, which will hopefully bring more visibility encourage more discussion among citizens of WALL member regions and the greater WA communities.

Lastly, there is currently one proposal in the sponsorship program, that is Condemn Tinfect by @Morover. We hope to be able to move forward with this soon to the entire staff and our WALL allies. As always, if you are interesting in writing a WA proposal, whether in the General Assembly or the Security Council, you are more than welcome to contact me or post your idea/proposal in the WA Sponsorship thread.

As for Deputy appointments, I will retain @Angshire, @Fregerson and @Bobberino as Deputy Ministers to assist me in the running of the ministry. No need for oaths, you're continuing and aren't government officials anyway.

Oops, that wasn't very short, was it? Oh well, enjoy!

Your Minister,
Gorundu
(my fancy signature is in the forum sig, just look there smh)

mowa_seal.png

Deputy Minister Replacement

Due to @Angshire's appointment to numerous other Deputy Minister positions, he will be stepping down as Deputy Minister of World Assembly Affairs. Replacing him will be @Morover. Morover is a regular in the World Assembly forums, and has authored a General Assembly resolution with more proposals on the way. They currently serve as Deputy Outreach Officer in The Rejected Realms for World Assembly matters and has previously served as Outreach Officer. Since joining the ministry a little while ago, Morover has contributed substantially to our discussions, giving clearly articulated opinions, and assisted in drafting of IFVs.

Thank you, @Angshire, for your service to the ministry, and hope you can continue to be active here.
@Morover, good luck in your new position, and we hope to see more good work from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back