Morover

Primarily a Lurker
TNP Nation
Morover
Condemn Tinfect

Category: Condemnation | Nominee: Tinfect | Proposed by: Morover

The World Assembly Security Council,

1. Recognizing [nation=long]Tinfect[/nation] as an interstellar power;

2. Noting that Tinfect, having written a multitude of General Assembly Resolutions (listed below), should maintain a certain level of decency;
  3. Acknowledging the Imperium's surprisingly high basic civil liberty;

4. Knowing, however, that in the upper crevices of the notoriously fascist regime is a frightening bureaucracy and meticulous organization, ruled over by the Praetor Imperium Irrell Levant, shrouded in mystery and conspiracy;

5. Dismayed that, despite being a prolific wanderer of the halls of the General Assembly, Tinfect remains in a near-constant state of disdain or outright noncompliance in regards to a multitude of General Assembly Resolutions, most notably:
  6. Particularly appalled at the gruesome genocides within Imperial history, especially the Aeravahn Genocide, Purge of the Exterior, and the continued enactment of lebensraum via the so-called Exterior Territories;

7. Believing that, despite occurring before entry into the World Assembly, the complete and utter lack of reparations or show of remorse through any public forum towards the horrid genocidal atrocities committed by the Imperium shows that the Imperial Government would not hesitate to commit another such atrocity again, should an appropriate opportunity arise itself and the Imperium have the slightest bit to gain from it;

8. Disturbed that Tinfect's economy and industry are built almost entirely off of the grounds of the genocide of the various former inhabitants of the Exterior Territories;

9. Further noting the imperialism imposed on neighboring nations to the Imperium, including those far less technologically advanced;

10. Believing that the existence of the Imperial Intelligence (a sect of Tinfect's government which is incredibly secretive) is directly responsible for the deaths and disappearances of a number of Imperial residents - both regular citizens and high ranking government officials - in violation of General Assembly restrictions on forced disappearances and capital punishment;
    • Especially concerned by the replacement of nearly the entire high-level Imperial government following the destruction of the Hathien colony through the use of a planet cracker, including the appointment of Irrell Levant, a former member of the Imperial Intelligence, as the Praetor Imperium;
  11. Concerned by the seemingly arbitrary borders set by the Imperium, which may or may not infringe upon the claims of another nation, and the constant lingering threat that arises from Tinfect's unnecessarily large military;

12. Further concerned by the utter sprawl of the Imperial military, and its unclear policy regarding military contact;

13. Believing the treatment of religious individuals in its territory to be completely unacceptable, showing only the bare minimum amount of tolerance towards those sharing beliefs or belief systems different from the Imperium's;

14. Worried all around about the lack of public accountability from its government as a whole;

15. Concluding Tinfect and all its branches to be a society bordering on dystopian, stopping only where necessary to maintain a relatively positive public image; and

16. Determined to rid it of the utopian image so carefully maintained by the Imperial government;

The NS Forum post is kinda dead so I'm bringing it here. I'm aware that the [nation=long] BBCode doesn't work on this forum but it does in the actual proposal preview I saw in-game so it should be fine.

First SC proposal so be harsh.

EDIT: NS Forum Thread

Last edited:
I don't really know what the timeframe for submission typically is for SC proposals. Ideally, I'd aim for submission in a timeframe of January 25 - February 15, but don't know if its too soon. I don't know if the distinct lack of feedback is a good or bad thing.

I don't really know what the timeframe for submission typically is for SC proposals. Ideally, I'd aim for submission in a timeframe of January 25 - February 15, but don't know if its too soon. I don't know if the distinct lack of feedback is a good or bad thing.
Generally I think SC proposals are faster than GA ones, so that sounds like a good timeframe. I think the distinct lack of feedback might be because it is very well written, and a distinct lack of extensive knowledge on Tinfect for most people. Don't take that to mean he's not a good target, just that even if we know Tinfect for his GA work, we don't necessarily know about his nation's RP stuff.

Only small thing I would change is the wording in the last two clauses to:
Concluding Tinfect and all its branches are a society bordering on dystopian, stopping only where necessary to maintain a relatively positive public image; and

Determined to rid it of the utopian image so carefully maintained by the Imperial government;

Generally I think SC proposals are faster than GA ones, so that sounds like a good timeframe. I think the distinct lack of feedback might be because it is very well written, and a distinct lack of extensive knowledge on Tinfect for most people. Don't take that to mean he's not a good target, just that even if we know Tinfect for his GA work, we don't necessarily know about his nation's RP stuff.

Only small thing I would change is the wording in the last two clauses to:
I'll change the wording of the last two clauses.

Back