Not open for further replies.

mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
0QAf59nL-liF6K5AuEDrwDxRaP9RIb2tIRio0_yWtvYTi8maQ-j6NQCbHOg-DTFUNVyydUAyN5GOcMGlsOkYgR3kXDNXeQ6g-iTb3MvjFPDYLkiVpI5tDKMACZtUgay4LjvOl94O

The Lennarts 2019: Best Flag

mHyAcBQ.png

Best Flag

Some people are very ‘arty’ when it comes to designing their flag and some have a way with words to make their flag sound cool. The Best flag should be the flag that you look at and say, “I wish my nation could have that flag”. Some people are just so creative when it comes to creating flags and this award should go to TNP’s Best Flag

Nominations will be open for one week.

And the nominations are:

I nominate @Marcus Antonius because the colours used in the flag of Ethnon compliment each other and the use of the Greek laurel leaves and the bee has great meaning. The laurel symbol represents academic success and the bee, a symbol of industry and planning.

ethnon__925197.jpg

Finally, If you will indulge the professor, I quote :-
(clears throat)
You in the back! Pay attention!
"Apollo, the brother of Artemis, is associated with the wearing of a laurel wreath. This association arose from the ancient Greek mythology story of Apollo and Daphne. Apollo mocked the god of love.........."

Last edited:
Nominations so far. No more will be counted.

I've asked Highton for more info about those he nominated as they don't exist in NS.

Sil Dorsett
mcmasterdonia
Lotion
Espanto
Syrixia
Highton
Goyanes
Eraver
Interdimensional Zone
Holdac
Ethnon
Supple
Advancia Sizzletown
El Fiji Grande

First of all, I'd like to thank McM for this award and thank those who voted for the Hightonian flag. I'd like to acknowledge the other nominees, Sil, McM, Lotion, Espanto, Syr, Goy, Eraver, Interdimensional Zone, Holdac, Ethnon, Supple, Advancia-Sizzletown, and Fiji. Many of you have excellently designed flags. In addition, I'd like to thank Pry, who has excellently served as Minister of Culture and helped organize the event.

The origins of the Hightonian flag trace back to the first week of 2016 when I first joined NationStates. After signing up, I made a terrible flag from a free online website, but I knew that would not be satisfactory. A few days later, I downloaded FlagMaker and after shuffling through many different ideas I eventually settled upon something very similar to the current Hightonian flag. I used it for almost three years when I decided to update it slightly. I changed the shade of blue to something a little darker, and the yellow was changed to gold. The flag's dimensions were changed to be a more standard 3:5. And that is the Hightonian national flag.

In Eras, the origin of the Hightonian flag dates back to its adoption in the 1950s. Blue and gold had been the colors of Highton for centuries, due to those being the colors of the royal family, and white was chosen for its contrastive value. The two stripes have no official meaning, but there are many different things that the stripes have been attributed to Highton and Aleman, the West and the East, the Republic and the Principality, or the Highton River and the Naab River. While the colors represent the royal family in a sense, the stars represent the republic. The flag of the republican movement in Highton consisted of a star, so it was adopted on the national flag when Highton become a constitutional monarchy. The seven stars represent the seven states of Highton: Aleman, North Highton, Pobfénix, Reyterra, Rixionland, Talansk, and Vaasa (coming soon IC).

Once again thank you for this award, and if anyone ever needs a new flag, you can always reach out to me!

Áfram Highton!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back