Not open for further replies.

mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
0QAf59nL-liF6K5AuEDrwDxRaP9RIb2tIRio0_yWtvYTi8maQ-j6NQCbHOg-DTFUNVyydUAyN5GOcMGlsOkYgR3kXDNXeQ6g-iTb3MvjFPDYLkiVpI5tDKMACZtUgay4LjvOl94O

The Lennarts 2019: Newcomer of the Year

uP6RsWA.png

Newcomer of the Year
Everyone is a newcomer at some point, we all joined at separate times, so people will be newcomers at different times. Newcomer of the Year is an award to celebrate the work of people who joined The North Pacific in the last year and has achieved a significant amount. So if you can think of someone who is fairly new to The North Pacific and has worked so hard this year, then they should be Newcomer of the Year.

Nominations will be open for one week.

And the nominations are:

I nominate @Robespierre; while this nominee shares the distinct quality of being new to the region this year with the other nominees, Robespierre has shone beyond compare through his service to the region. His most notable positions in the span of a year include, but are not limited to, Minister of Home Affairs, Minister of Defence, and serving as the Chief Election Commissioner. Truly someone who has achieved a significant amount.

Last edited:
I understand that there were no Lenart awards given last year when I joined TNP as a newbie.
It's a bit sad that I have to nominate myself @Marcus Antonius lol.
Have I not served the region well and given you a University to be proud of? :)

1. Nordic-British Union
  2. Angshire
  3. Robespierre
  4. Marcus Antonius
  5. North Timistania
  6. Dreadton
  7. Holdac
  8. Gorundu
  9. Trondstorm
Finally we have one with less than 12 nominations!

Aye everyone! Your MacMilitant Minister of Defense here: back with another long-winded speech for you to read. *Ahem* I know you’re all quite thrilled for this year of the Lennart awards, and I’d hate to disappoint you when it comes to content to consume so let’s get this show on the road!

I came to the North Pacific in early May of this year and immediately began involving myself in a multitude of ways. Shockingly enough, there seems to be a common misconception that I just appeared out of nowhere and started participating or that I was brought here here by *shudders* @Bobberino. Neither is true, as I was actually brought here by @St George shortly after my departure from the New Pacific Order and subsequent mishap in Pacifica. Nonetheless, you’ve all not only welcomed me with open arms but you’ve accepted me for my past, present, and future. Nobody bats 1.000 and everyone makes mistakes, yet one thing that I adore about the North Pacific is how we’re all perfect imperfections and how we’re able to share our takes on various subjects with one another in a way that’s mostly constructive.

A couple of you may have read through my recent interview with @Krevt on the North Star’s Spotlight segment. For those of you who didn’t I take no offense, but I would like to quote myself if I may. I said that “There’s nothing underhanded about being strategic and playing the game smart. If you know where you want to go then be upfront about it and actively pursue your goal”. I wholeheartedly stand by that statement because it’s in part what’s gotten me here. That being said, I’d like to pass along this advice to North Pacificans of the future in the hopes that they’ll soon find themselves making the impact that up-and-comers like @Trondstorm, @Angshire, @Rom, and @Gorundu all have.

Furthermore, in the spirit of friendly competition and sportsmanship, I would like to take the time and properly recognize the runner-up for this award: @North Timistania. As someone who’s always been enthralled with the work of RolePlayers and been especially cognizant of their excessive creativity, I’m definitely not someone who overlooks the undeniable contributions that both our Eras and Strangereal communities make to the North Pacific and also to the game. Not to mention Thel and Inaius, as I know just how vast some people’s interests are when crafting playable nations in a fictional world. If you’re a RolePlayer, my wish is that players from across NationStates acknowledge your imaginative prowess much in the same way they’d observe a gameplayer’s prowess while raiding or a politician getting elected to the regional government. You’re just as integral to the community as anyone else is and you don’t need me to tell you that because you already know it to be true. It is in that spirit and in that vein that I’d like to declare North Timistania and I co-winners of the Lennart for Newcomer of the Year. Cheers, Tim, you deserve it! ;)

Lastly, I would be remiss if I did not also take this opportunity to show some appreciation and gratitude toward the wonderful staff we have working within the Ministry of Culture; as they are truly amongst the members of this great community who deserve awards the most. To @Prydania: I say thank you for putting on an event like this where the past year may be reflected upon fondly for all, and to all those who took part in the organization and planning efforts for this to come to life: I say that your dedication is not thankless and although only some may voice it actively never let that deter you from continuing to enrich the North Pacific with engagement. Special thanks goes out to @Syrixia and @Highton, @Yukkira and @Sil Dorsett for everything you guys do for culture and/or for the RP community.

I have no doubt in my mind that this will indeed be an exciting end to an exciting and productive year. Some of you may not know it and others of you may not realize it, but it’s each and every one of you that make my NationStates experience better in your own special ways and for that I cannot thank the people of this region enough. Since arriving in May I’ve sought to establish myself and build a home for my play style where one was lacking. It’s outstanding North Pacificans such as @Pallaith (Ghost), @El Fiji Grande, MadJack, @bootsie, @Kaschovia, @Wonderess, @Praetor, Prydania, @Dreadton, @Darcania, @mcmasterdonia, and many more that have taken the time to speak with me, work with me, mentor me, and get to know me in a way that’s built meaningful and hopefully long-lasting friendships. I’m proud to call myself a TNP guy firstly and foremost, and it’s in part to the past six months that I’d have it no other way for my NationStates career up until this point.

So yeah, I post textwalls. So yeah, maybe nobody reads them (though some people do I hear!). So yeah, I may be a little bit pretentious at times; and so yeah, I like stroking my savage itch occasionally when I feel as if the situation can handle it. The point is, I’m enjoying the game. Not only that, but I’m enjoying the game at it’s highest level and on its grandest stage. That’s what NationStates is about: the politics, the communities, the gameplay, the issues, the differences, but above all else it’s about the enjoyment you get from playing. For the first time in five years I can say that I’m dedicated to one region and one region only. I’m dedicated to you all, and I’m dedicated to the success of this region that I love so very much. Thank you, everyone, and with that I humbly accept my award as your 2019 Newcomer of the Year.

In appreciation,

Robespierre

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back