Not open for further replies.

mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
0QAf59nL-liF6K5AuEDrwDxRaP9RIb2tIRio0_yWtvYTi8maQ-j6NQCbHOg-DTFUNVyydUAyN5GOcMGlsOkYgR3kXDNXeQ6g-iTb3MvjFPDYLkiVpI5tDKMACZtUgay4LjvOl94O

The Lennarts 2019: RP of the Year

9UjBFgT.png

RP of the Year

RP of the year is designed for people to decide what they think has been the best RP to have taken place this past year. The winning RP should be something that has gotten people involved and developed a lot over the past year. It does not need to be something that was started this year, it could be something that has been around for years but if you think it has been the best RP of 2019 then nominate it.

Nominations will be open for one week.

And the nominations are:

I nominate Our Father by @ARC of Deerfenland

***OFFICIAL MINISTRY OF CULTURE STATEMENT***
The majority of stories nominated so far have been solo or near-solo RPs. There is nothing wrong with this sort of RP, but it has been brought to my attention as Minister of Culture that these may not qualify under the category's guidelines.
I am taking a liberal interpretation of the guidelines and allowing these nominations of solo and near-solo RPs to stand. Both out of fairness to their authors who have put in a lot of work and because I feel that even solo or near-solo RPs can spur community involvement beyond just participating in RP.
***STATEMENT CONCLUDED***

Final nominations:

1. Prydania - For the King to Valhalla
  2. Wonderess & McMasterdonia - Sutherland Crisis
  3. The Noblewoman's Yacht - Sil Dorsett
  4. The Peacock and the Manticore" - North Timistania
  5. Fire on the Horizon - Esplandia
  6. The darkening of the steppe - North Timistania
  7. Fields of Yamantau - Em
  8. Our Father by @ARC of Deerfenland

Mental note: we may want to link to the topics for these (if applicable).

Last edited:
So in the interests of streamlining this, as I am both Minister of Culture and the winner for RP of the Year? I present myself with the award :P

And hey, yes, that's cheesy but it's also efficient!
And truth be told? I didn't expect I'd be doing this. I look over the RPs that For the King, to Valhalla was up against and I cannot believe I won. I can't believe it because....good G-d, what a slate. I look at this list and it makes me proud. Not just as Minister of Culture, not just as a RP mod, but as a member of our RP community as a whole.
@mcmasterdonia , @Wonderess , @Sil Dorsett , @North Timistania , @Esplandia , Em, Deerf, I'm truly honoured that my RP was included in the work you've all done. Each and every one of you, and so many more RPers across TNP, have continued to write amazing stories. Worldbuild amazing things. Create amazing ideas.
Of course I thank everyone who voted for my RP, but I want to thank my fellow nominees for making TNP the best RP region in NationStates. I believe that, I truly do. And it's thanks to each and every one of you.

For the King, to Valhalla began as an idea, one inspired by Sil Dorsett's Silean Short Stories RP. It was the perfect format for me to chronicle the sprawling history of the Prydanian Civil War. I ran with that, and it's worked. But that inspiration, that was what makes RP done right, the way we do it in TNP, so special. So wonderful. It's not just any one of us. Each of us inspires the other, and we inspire others. We all share, we all collaborate, we all build. Our RP worlds grow stronger because of it.

As far as I'm concerned? This award belongs to all of you, who helped make TNP RP this great. And last but not least, to @St George who built this world for us to continue to write and build in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back