-
-
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
TNP Nation
Bobberino
Discord
Bobberino#6969
Hello! I am Bobberino, bringer of memes, prophet of floof, and consumer of oxygen. I am here to run for Justice!

Relevant Experience: I generally don't have much experience in legal work per se, but for whatever it is worth, I helped to author Lily's constitution. You may also note my capacity for analysis, leadership, spontaneity and reading between the lines.

Platform:

I will serve the duties of Justice faithfully, if elected. I will not CTE. I will maintain my active, energetic presence on the Discord and on the forums.

Any questions? Ask away. Floof worship is encouraged.

It is election season in The North Pacific. Citizen A is widely expected to win the election. Citizen C tells Citizen B that he needs to win and must run a negative fear campaign to do so. Citizen B tells voters that if Citizen A wins, he will repeal The North Pacific's treaties with major regions and will force the regional military to become a defender military. Citizen A denies this, but Citizen B says he has evidence of this and provides screenshots of Citizen A saying these things and posts them in his election thread. These are doctored screenshots created by Citizen C and provided to Citizen B on the basis that "they came from a trusted source in another region". Citizen B did not doubt the veracity of the claims. After reading this evidence, the Citizen D who is not a candidate in the election but is the Minister of Foreign Affairs distributes a press release to all embassies outlining the election and telling the embassy partners that if Citizen A wins they can expect a defender NPA and a closure of embassies and a mass repeal of treaties. Foreign Delegate 1 and Foreign Delegate 2 discuss this with the Citizen D. Citizen D asks them to assist by bringing in voters who can support Citizen B over Citizen A. Foreign Delegate 1 joins the region and applies for citizenship (and is accepted) and invites his loyal region mates to do the same. Citizen A is losing the election by a small margin at this point. A Security Councillor receives a screenshot (from Foreign Delegate 2) of the orders given by Foreign Delegate 1 to his citizens and of the conversation with the MoFA. The election is still underway.

Discuss any potential criminal offences or breaches of law that have occurred in this scenario. I would encourage you to refer to specific sections of the legal code, constitution and bill of rights if they are relevant. Previous case law may also be of value to this scenario. Where you lack information or require further information you should elaborate on what detail you require.

Bob,

In addition to the standard question I have asked the other candidates, I have serious concerns about your fitness to hold office.

DO you think plea deals should be part of our judicial process? Is it supported, prevented, or is established law and precedent silent on the issue?

In the court's opinion TNP v Bobberino, the court stated that it was of the opinion that you did not accept responsibility for your actions that led up to the case. Since then you have promoted this meme that you can't tell jokes. Are you able to differentiate between the time to tell a joke and the times you need to be professional?

A few weeks ago, in a Voice Chat, you again lamented the court's decision. Going as far as to say that the courts decision was "borderline defamation." How does something being a joke mitigate a criminal action? What parts of the court's ruling do you disagree with? Why?

There have been other times when your actions were poorly thought out, but when they were questioned you refused to respond. Part of the job of a justice is being able to articulate a position, defend it, and negotiate with the other justices in order to reach a consensus. Are you willing to support and defend your position, or will you just follow the lead of the other two Justices?

The biggest issue I think that your campaign will face in this election is the one that Dreadton has already mentioned: professionalism.

You need not be reminded that the Court of the North Pacific takes on a certain degree of formality when acting in the capacity of a Justice. Could you please state your case to the voting public as to why you’re a good fit for the Office despite previous actions and perhaps tell us something that’ll alleviate concerns of you conducting yourself improperly when being serious is needed?

Last edited:
A quick comment, the North Pacific does not have a Supreme Court.
Right. I must’ve been thinking about something else when writing that. Here it’s just known as the Court, but elsewhere it’s that. Let me go ahead and edit my other post to reference the proper thing.

Last edited:
Back