Fontainberg

Undertale Weeb
Pronouns
They/them
TNP Nation
Fontainberg
Discord
Avalaise#6417
Greetings voters of TNP! It is I, the Kingdom of Angshire, and I am running for Justice this election!

So you might be thinking: "Why should I vote for this clown?"

And I'll tell you! :3

Experience: No formal experience in the judiciary branch of TNP government, but experience in the executive branch, as a member of all Delegate's ministries (except Defense) and a member of the External Affairs Committee.

Campaign Pledges:
1.) Activity - I pledge to be active, at least once a day, during my time as Justice. I also pledge to not CTE during my term and to actively address all cases presented to the court in a timely and punctual manner.
2.) Fairness - I pledge to conduct myself in a way without giving favour to either side in a court case, and I pledge to take a neutral stance and not factor in any personal bias into my rulings.
3.) Loyalty - I pledge to be loyal to The North Pacific, to the Delegate, the Vice Delegate, and to the people of the region.

Feel free to ask me any questions regarding my campaign, and I'd love to answer them! :)

I’d like to steal a question that Praetor asked me a few months ago during my AMA on the RMB, if I may:

While I cannot quote his exact wording, I will still phrase the questions as closely as possible to the original. When it come to sentencing by the Court do you believe in a more restorative system that shows mercy to those convicted and encourages them to never make the same mistake in the future or do you prefer a punitive system that seeks to reprimand those convicted in an effort to ensure that justice is served?

Kind of a loaded question, I know, but your campaign mentions fairness. If you choose one approach over the other would you apply that approach to all, hypothetically; or does the defendant’s past history in the region factor into as well? I’m curious to find out where you personally stand, not how others on the Court prefer to approach cases.

Last edited:
What a clown smh /s

Best of luck to you. It is always refreshing to see a new face in the region throwing their hat in the ring.

Additionally, from your point of view, what is one quality of a person that would make them an undesirable member of the Judiciary? Surely you know of some crooked attorneys from Hollywood or the sort, explain how such negative quality can be detrimental to integrity of our judicial system and then also elaborate on how you’d intend to uphold the values mentioned in your campaign.

Specifically, the value of loyalty. Is it loyalty to the institution? Is it loyalty to your region-mates? Is it loyalty to yourself? What does that value mean to you?

DO you think plea deals should be part of our judicial process? Is it supported, prevented, or is established law and precedent silent on the issue?

To answer @Robespierre 's question, I do personally believe in a restorative system that focuses on forgiveness rather than punishment. Of course, this would vary depending on the situation.

Let's say for instance Nation A did something to Nation B on the discord server, so Nation B resorts to flaming. While flaming is a punishable offense that does warrant some repercussions, I definitely think that it would not be worthy of any permanent punishments, such as a permanent ban from the region for example.

It is also important to take into account Nation B's previous issues, whether they are new to the region, and other factors as well. If, for instance, this is the 32nd time that Nation B has flamed someone on the RMB and they have been in TNP for a long time, I'll be a little less lenient than I would be if it was a new nation and their first offense.

I also would be hesitant to pull out the banhammer on nations, unless the circumstances require it. Ultimately, I think it leaves better room for someone to grow when using a restorative system rather than a punitive one.

To answer @Robespierre 's second question, I think that anybody has potential to make a good member of the Judiciary. That being said, dishonesty is probably the worst trait to have, in my opinion, as it can plant corruption throughout the entire judicial system. Having a judiciary that you cannot trust casts doubt onto their rulings. Additionally, favoritism is a bad trait to have as it can lead to bias in rulings.

To elaborate on the loyalty section of my pledges, I specifically meant staying loyal to the North Pacific and its institutions, and to stay loyal to the citizenry, as they are all affected by judicial decisions. I definitely think it is important to increase the role the citizens play in the government's operation.

What is your knowledge on TNP law and past court cases/rulings like?

Given that your credentials may not be as fantastic as some of the other candidates running for the office, what characteristics/abilities you have that makes you a better justice than some of the other candidates?

I feel bad for not asking you a longwinded question yet. I thought you had withdrawn but I now realise you withdrew the withdrawal. Can I ask that you elaborate on why each of those steps occurred?

I feel bad for not asking you a longwinded question yet. I thought you had withdrawn but I now realise you withdrew the withdrawal. Can I ask that you elaborate on why each of those steps occurred?
You can always take the question from LL, since knowing him I doubt he's going to answer that.

@mcmasterdonia Initially when I ran, I realized that I would be up against some of the most experienced members of TNP government, and I thought I would withdraw myself because of that. However, someone mentioned how they ran an election campaign for the learning experience, and I really took that advice and decided to re-enter myself for the learning experience of running a campaign.

I didn't plan on voting for you initially, but after seeing LL's "answers" in his campaign thread I had to look for an alternative. While I don't believe that Justice is the most newbie-friendly role, so long as you keep a level head and know how to reference and interpret law you should manage fine. You're at least a far sight better even as a newbie than the candidate at the bottom of my list.

And I echo the idea that Angshire respond to the scenario put to LL. He clearly won't ever answer it.
The question, for reference:
The North Pacific Army is planning an invasion of a small user created region that is currently founderless. They invite a friendly region to join the server as well. NPA Officer A (who uses a proxy to mask their real identity) notices this uptick in activity and alerts his friend in the small user created region to be on high alert as they may be targeted in the operation. The region in question immediately contacts the Minister of Defence to demand that their home region not be invaded and they provide a screenshot of NPA Officer A warning them of the likelihood of the invasion. The Minister of Defence bans NPA Officer A from the NPA server and removes them from the NPA roster. The Minister of Defence then orders for the invasion of the region in question and it's destruction. It is a black op, so nobody can tell that NPA soldiers are perpetrating it. The NPA Officers invade the region and ban as many natives as they can, suppress every post on the regional message board, and closes all embassies. The Minister of Defence posts briefly about noticing operation in the #citizens-chat on the discord server but otherwise doesn't mention it on the regional forum. When asked, the Minister of Defence denies knowing who is behind the operation. "A Nation" from the invaded region appears on our regional message board and starts to blame The North Pacific for the invasion. They get into an argument with the Vice Delegate who ejects and bans them writing on the RMB "That is what you get for disrespecting your elders". While this is going on, NPA Soldier A who is a new member of the NPA posts in the citizens-chat in confusion and confesses that the Minister of Defence and the NPA are behind the destructive action. The Speaker of the Regional Assembly, the Minister of Communications and the Minister of Culture are also members of the NPA and participating in this operation. The Minister of Defence admits that this is an NPA operation.

Discuss any potential criminal offences or breaches of law that have occurred in this scenario. I would encourage you to refer to specific sections of the legal code, constitution and bill of rights if they are relevant. Previous case law may also be of value to this scenario. Where you lack information or require further information you should elaborate on what detail you require.

Don't forget Dreadton's, Fregerson's, and mine as well.

Also, in one of your previous answers you said this:
Let's say for instance Nation A did something to Nation B on the discord server, so Nation B resorts to flaming. While flaming is a punishable offense that does warrant some repercussions, I definitely think that it would not be worthy of any permanent punishments, such as a permanent ban from the region for example.

It is also important to take into account Nation B's previous issues, whether they are new to the region, and other factors as well. If, for instance, this is the 32nd time that Nation B has flamed someone on the RMB and they have been in TNP for a long time, I'll be a little less lenient than I would be if it was a new nation and their first offense.

I also would be hesitant to pull out the banhammer on nations, unless the circumstances require it. Ultimately, I think it leaves better room for someone to grow when using a restorative system rather than a punitive one.
Are you aware that per 7.3.11 of the Legal Code, violators of NS rules (which include flaming), are subject to summary ejection/banning from the Delegate or their appointed officers, without any action from the court? (Although 7.3.19 states that these actions are subject to judicial review, this has only occurred once in 2012, with one request for review dismissed for lack of standing.)

Last edited:
Back