Minister of Culture
-
Pronouns
They/Them
TNP Nation
Guslantis
Discord
bootsie
Seven years ago was not a good day in my life. After struggling with a respiratory infection, Gus, my guinea pig, passed away in the early afternoon.

Gus was not a normal guinea pig. He played video games with me, he listened to all my middle school secrets, and most of all, he didn’t run away...or really move at all (he was a lazy pants).

When I entered NationStates back in 2010, I needed a name for this nation I was about to make. I couldn’t think of anything more perfect than naming it after my favorite little fur ball.

Guslantis has lived on, but like I mentioned, Gus has since left me. It’s crazy to think that after all these years, a piece of a two pound guinea pig is being shared to all kinds of people all over the world.

Thank you all for embracing this weird guinea pig lover, and here’s a toast to the guinea pig that started it all!

:rum:
26hEPKj.png

Reading this brings me to tears as I remember the passing of one of my cats almost two years ago following a botched dental operation. It's a reminder of how our pets really are family, and the experiences we have with them can never be replicated when they're gone. Now, as one of my other cats is reaching an advanced age, I shudder to think of how my life will be without him once he inevitably leaves this mortal coil.

Enjoy their companionship while they're around, and never forget.

I feel honoured to have had Gus shared with me. I used to have three goldfishes, who've since left, and while I have never had a Guinea Pig, I know how it feels to lose a friend, in whatever physical form they may come.

Thank you for this. For Gus.

Back