-
-
Pronouns
he/him
TNP Nation
El_Fiji_Grande
Discord
El Fiji Grande (#3446)
As it is in real life and in Eras, when there are people, they group together. When they do, they start talking to one another, then start sharing ideas. They form a network, and eventually, a community. When a community is formed, alliances are created. What is an alliance though? Why do we call such an entity an alliance when it comes to talking about the various groups of nation-players in the RMB?

Simply, it is done, not as a matter of principle, but as a matter of careful observation. As time goes on, so does the roster of players within the roleplaying community of the North Pacific’s RMB. It is to be said, then, that within this roster are a handful of players who, despite doubts and outcries from within the region and without, expressed character, administrative strength, and humanity.

I have taken the task of interviewing these people of interest because I was interested in sharing their stories. And in introducing the alliances to those who come to the region like newborns, so that those who take their place or come under their leadership will learn from them, when the time comes, they will be able to emulate their successes or create their own contributions.

Though they are ordinary people in the real world, perhaps it can be said that when they come online, they become larger than life to those who truly look up to them.

In the RMB, there are but a handful of alliances. Though some are new, almost all these alliances are major ones — each with strengths in their own ways. What I did then was to interview players from each of the alliances so long as they were senior officers or leaders of their alliances.

The first person I interviewed was Mr. Mikey, a friend of mine. He was a senior officer of an alliance formerly known as the Elysium Federation — now known as Kai Tangata — and he was the first to respond to this with much enthusiasm.

Then I approached Mr. Chilokver, the head of OSEAN. He is a cordial but firm person who succeeded HKE as Premier.

The next person I spoke to was Mr. Vapia, the leader of Pax Havenica, an alliance that embraces any nation so long as they maintain peace and cooperation within and without. He was the first person to invite me to an alliance when I first joined in The North Pacific, and he is an incredibly conscientious and fun person to be with.

On the other hand, I met with Mr. Pand, a senior officer and co-founder of a new alliance — the CMF — who seemed open to having an interview and showed himself as approachable.

Lastly, I interviewed both Mr. Friently and Mr. Kyoki, both of whom are the founder and the co-founder of the alliance I belong to now — the Warsaw Pact — and both of them showed themselves as friendly, courteous, and steady. Though it is with shame that I could not interview Mr. Syca, a valuable second in command to Mr. Friently, I can say that he is also indispensable to the leadership of the alliance, being peaceful, kind, motherly, and disciplined.

So, first, how do you all feel? How is it like being a part of each of your alliances? Leaders, how does it feel like leading your alliances?
Mikey: Being a member of KT is exhilarating. We work towards being a strong network of friends over simple alliance stuff. We get stuff done, no matter the objective, because we finish what we start. For me, personally, I am overjoyed working along such a unique and diverse group of people; we all have a backstory that adds to our extraordinary mixup. Similarly, I feel open to spill how I'm feeling around other members of KT because they are so kind and open. Overall, I am impressed with the alliance and am astounded as to how astonishingly empathetic my peers are and how vigorously we work to get the job done.

Vapia: It’s pretty easy going. All things considered.

Chilokver: Hm, well, I guess the best way to put it is that it is never boring. It can be daunting at times knowing that a lot of people are depending on you for advice. It’s not good enough to keep an alliance stable as a leader — alliances depend on activity, so unless you’re moving forward, you’re always worried about losing engagement and stagnating. But at the same time, there’s so much pride in seeing your alliance do well, grow and expand. Most of all, I would not be able to do it and feel this way without my officers to help me with running the alliance.

Pand: I feel great and honored to be a part of the CMF both as an officer and co-founder. My fellow officers and members treat me with immense respect, along with full support for most of my suggested projects to further the prestige of the alliance militarily and diplomatically.

Friently: Well, it doesn’t feel all that special given that I try to run it from amongst the people rather than just boss them around from the back. This is in an attempt to create a sense of equality amongst members to make them feel more appreciated and important. I hope that, as I leave this legacy, it would leave behind a strong, unified alliance that will continue to be the one to stand the test of time.

Kyoki: The best word to describe it all is “safe.” I know my alliance would never abandon me, and that its power allows me to be secure. I feel well treated as a member. As an officer, my responsibilities don’t come up all too frequently, since we rarely have situations. I still very much appreciate the position though.

How were each of you welcomed? Otherwise, how are you looking forward towards any change of leadership? And what hopes and expectations do you have for your alliances?

Mikey: I was a member of Hotel Lala which then formed into the Legion of Doom and then finally became Kai Tangata. I have been in the alliance for a while and have earned the position of vice commander and heir to the alliance’s leadership. When I was originally accepted as being granted such an honor, I was met with astounding applause. I have never felt so in touch and included within the RMB community. Likewise, I believe many members feel the same way.

I do wish that the alliance had a larger say in things, but as it stands, we are fairly influential. I do wish we’d have a few more active members, but if it means giving up what we cherish now — it being quality of creativity and cooperation — then I am totally against it.

Vapia: Maintain the status quo, steering away from a world war. And currently, the Head of the Alliance is currently my king, but that will change in the future as the Black Rose Party takes power. As far as ranks are concerned, the alliance seeks to maintain the current order.

Chilokver: Internal improvements, a new factbook, and streamlined leadership structure, as well as some new projects. Our goal is to have 50 members eventually.

Pand: My expectations are for the CMF to become the foremost leader in economics and peace. OOCly, the alliance is more of a brotherhood and much closer than it is IC. ICly, the CMF has begun working on projects to improve commerce between the individual members and nations of Strangereal.

And personally, I value quality over quantity, sure; we could use some more members but this offers opportunities for nations to go rogue and tarnish the image of the CMF. Yes, I wish we could recruit more but I’m sure our model of peace and economic progress doesn’t appeal to newcomers.

Friently: I would like to see the alliance being represented more on the world stage but in a way that does not immediately mean wars or conflicts. We are currently the only alliance that does not recruit new people.

Kyoki: I am pretty content with our current policies.

OOCly, things are going pretty well. I have good relationships with alliance members and feel as though the unreasonable isn’t expected of me. I’m not heavily restricted in RP either, I can still very much do what I want in my case and I know that the alliance leader isn’t going to be overbearing on stuff like internal conflict.

ICly, Kyoki Chodoku has been a member of WP since near its very formation, and has good relations with it. It may not agree with every member and will consider the security of reality paramount even above WP policy, but it very much appreciates its allies, especially those which saved it during the Nightmare War. The Overlady has good personal relationships with a fair few alliance leaders as well.
Any problems so far? Rivalries, internal issues, etc? How are relations really?

Mikey: There are no problems. We’re just that good. We have simply created an effective and efficient faction that doesn’t complain and turn to hostilities as the answer or alternative. Thus, no conflicts or issues pop up, or at least no major inconveniences. Hence, why we enjoy rather neglect of stagnation, instead we’re always active to band together as friends and not as foes. Therefore, no internal fighting is started. However it has indulged in friendly and not so friendly competition to extend its outreach and connectivity. One of our most notable rivalries is shared with the Cold Alliance, but we have established terms of peace after the invasions of Liberstandonien, Marasume, and Kirostan.

But it appears now that our biggest rival is OSEAN. It is not hostile to us but a select group of their members have threatened other nations militarily. It is painfully annoying. On the other hand, we have enjoyed mutual relations with the Warsaw Pact and friendly competition as well as good relations with Pax Havenica. All in all, we aspire to instill positive relations with everyone; however, we will stand our ground and point out flaws in behavior of other nations. It is our duty to be inclusive and our duty to take charge as the most powerful faction that we are.

Vapia: Pax Havenica maintains a positive leaning relationship through the guarantees treaty. However, I am not sure how necessary it is due to BWP falling. The Federation and PH are sort of on bad stances in character due to the Vapian Kingdom and Sawtooth being at war. OOCly, though, we try not to get in each other’s way too much.
Internally, not particularly.

Chilokver: Recently, the OES alliance merged with OSEAN. However, the KT has separated from us, seeing that the BWP fell apart after the KT dissolved it. OSEAN also had to defend Korolk, one of our members, against Volkstokn’s intentions to violate their sovereignty.

Pand: We have signed a military pact with both PH and KT called the Osean Peace Accord to guarantee peace between the three of us. Following that is a broader trade network that includes the previously stated alliances. The Warsaw Pact has stayed neutral and distant while the preexisting Osean tariffs prevent us from signing them on to the Trade network.
Internally, the CMF has been unified; the only time we’ve seen strife was when a former member became an international nuisance and needed to be dealt with to avoid crisis. Externally, the alliance is fighting to prevent foreign spheres of influence from reigning over our independent members and to cement our title of having the largest trade and economic network in SR.

Friently: Well, we have had issues with members acting in either degenerate, imperialist, or both manners in the past and that is something we’re continuously trying to dam in. There haven’t been any rivalries because we do not really care about playing, “My gun is bigger than yours.” We don’t have the urge to engage in petty competition over minor things.
There have, of course, been high tensions between alliances but nothing that you could really specify as a rivalry.

Kyoki: WP is generally considered passive but dangerous — we don’t interfere much and we don’t get interfered with much. There are some alliances we tend to have overall poor relations with, but I think most outright rivalries ended some time ago. Some consider our passiveness an issue, but that’s a subjective thing and I disagree generally with that. Of course, WP nations tend to get on poorly with democracies due to necessary ideologies and such.

What is the history of your alliance?

Mikey: Well, the alliance (Elysium Federation) was derived on the famous, or infamous, Hotel Lala. From its ashes, the Legion of Doom was founded; and following that, came the amazing Elysium Federation. The federation was formed on brother and sisterhood. I believe we are family, in more ways than one. We function as friends and not only as associates. This group has seen some deafening days, the Elysium Federation has embarked on numerous ventures. Most notably, we have fought to maintain orderly autocracy among normal standards. Likewise, we aren’t afraid to get our hands dirty, in the sense we have proven vigorous in our work. For example, Sarkis, an ambitious imperialistic member, has sent tidal waves through East Osea. Similarly, Em has fended off Western Vapia, arguably one of the strongest players on the map. Likewise, I have defeated Queen Yuno, the nation state with the highest defense stat in the Region. This goes without mentioning, the Angle of Charity’s awesome roleplay of building an on and underwater metropolis. These past and recent accounts of EF shine through as moments of galactic feats. Our past, as a whole, may not go far back, but it surely sets the distance.

Vapia: Pax Havenica is very dormant at the moment. We haven’t had a mass deployment since the Osean Punative War. However the last successful deployment of a Pax Havenica members forces was during the Drusselstien-USSR War

Chilokver: We had elections, in which I replaced HKE as premier.

Pand: The CMF was founder by Triekru, Lungha and Pandoska to ensure neutrality in a time of tension between alliances over time the OMF recruited the German Holy Roman Empire and switch militaristic defense for economic success. The next recruit was the Great Dragonspyre in search for a neutral Haven but began to convertly instigate and spread a health risk to avoid all out foriegn intervention from other alliances the CMF took responsibility and set the record straight. Now we have grown greater friendships with our surrounding neighbors no matter of their affiliation to other alliances. As of late we have created the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Nations opening up pipelines across the continent of south osea and bringing petrol nation's together.

Friently and Kyoki: The alliance has a very long history. Originally, it was formed by the Sanada Clan and it opposed the democratic alliance called N8TO, which eventually fell to the WP during the first global conflict that was actually portrayed. It ended in chaos, though, a theme for such things. It was a fairly interventionist power at first, but gradually became more and more isolationist. Eventually Sanada moved on and Friently was placed in command, and WP became a more isolated but powerful alliance, not seeking to get so embroiled in the conflicts of the world. Still, the alliance and members of it have been in numerous wars and taken part in some cooperative events.

Back