[DRAFT] WA DIGEST July 2019

01ZMaQA.png
World Assembly Digest

By Deerfenland

YnLYZLb.jpg

General Assembly

Improving the world one resolution at a time

____________________________________________________________________________________​

Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy

Delegate's Vote: For
Final Vote (World): For: 10,855 Against: 2,859
Final Vote (TNP): For: 369 Against: 146 Percentage of WA nations voting: 38.51

Recommendation: This proposal intends to extend rights to and legally define transgender and non-binary peoples. This will not only improve the quality of life for those communities but also compliment previous legislation regarding this same and similar topics. These rights, being well deserved, primarily focus around hormone therapy for the altering of ones sex characteristics to better reflect their gender identity. The proposal also attests to the scientifically proven facts involved with sex and gender characteristics and the various medical conditions involved.

In accordance with the reasoning stated above, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote For this proposal.

____________________________________________________________________________________​

Prohibit Private Prisons

Delegate's Vote: Against
Final Vote (World): For: 8,576 Against: 6,401
Final Vote (TNP): For: 245 Against: 257 Percentage of WA nations voting: 38.73

Recommendation: Prohibit Private Prisons possesses problematic phrases that will hinder prisoner quality of life and member nations' ability to care for them. The definition of 'prison' is somewhat small in scope and appears to exclude short-term and non-permanent facilities, thus dropping those from the definition of 'private prisons.' This would make make the desired effect of the resolution more difficult to achieve. Furthermore, one should note that legislation (GAR #161 & GAR #194 to name a few) already exists to care for inmates which would greatly prevent these private prisons from abusing those inmates they possess. Finally, this proposal inadvertently bans non-profit prisons which have on countless occasions worked to advance inamte rights and create safer, more rehabilitation focused centers to directly benefit the lives of inmates.

In hopes of legislation that better protects inmates while not harming systems already in place, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote Against this proposal.

Protecting Personal Privacy

Final Vote (World): For: 6,173 Against: 7,954
Final Vote (TNP): For: 179 Against: 327 Percentage of WA nations voting: 39.46

Recommendation: Protecting Personal Privacy, while well intending, gets caught up in its own over-worded clauses and ultra specific definitions. The proposal denies governments the ability to view the data unless specific situations occur, which could cause governments to take larger action than realistically needed in order to view items pertinent to national security and gross crimes before an investigation could be opened. The definition of 'user' is so specific that there is not an easily discernable definition to 'non-user' seeing that it is not defined. This error makes Clause 3, sections 2 and 4 difficult to enforce. Clause 3, section 4 also allows for people to remove evidence of their specific person ever interacting with an organization unless 'there is a clear and compelling safety or disciplinary reason to do otherwise such as loans or criminal records'. This becomes an issue because there is no way to determine if such information could be used in the future for criminal or civil proceedings without those proceedings taking place, thus putting these organizations in a state of limbo. Additionally, Clause 4 allows organizations to prohibit a person from using services if they do not consent to their data being collected, however does not address what happens if a user provides falsified data. Furthermore, Clause 5, section 1 seems unclear if the resolution wants member nations to grant private individuals the ability to go after organizations who do not follow the resolution or if the WA member nation itself must take action against organizations who do not follow the resolution.

In accordance with the reasoning above, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote Against this proposal.

Preventing Unjust Warfare

MSkSvav.jpg

Security Council

Spreading interregional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary

Commend The Rejected Realms

Final Vote (World): For: 2,568 Against: 10,668
Final Vote (TNP): For: 59 Against: 411 Percentage of WA nations voting: 35.39%

Recommendation: Commend TRR is the sixth attempt by this author at submitting this proposal. While this proposal has improved somewhat over its earlier iterations, it is still lacking. Unfortunately, there is a distinct lack of appropriate focus on TRR and their history. Of the solid arguments it possesses, it never goes into extensive detail and leaves the reader with little understanding. This is combined with awkward syntax and occasional subtle inaccuracies which cause it to appear as an unfinished draft at best. Furthermore, the author has seemed fairly reluctant to receive and apply criticism as well as perform edits and redrafts.

While believing that TRR is a very commendable region with countless contributions to the greater NS community, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs must recommend a vote against this proposal.

Commend Auralia

Final Vote (World): For: 3,443 Against: 9,637
Final Vote (TNP): For: 67 Against: 402 Percentage of WA nations voting: 37.65%

Recommendation: Auralia, despite having contributed 19 resolutions to the World Assembly, possesses a messy history involving cheating and questionable GA character. A couple proposals they have been involved in have been discarded for various violations however the most significant of such occurred in early 2014. A nation by the name of 'Afrasiab' (now CTE) authored and submitted the proposal 'Commend Auralia'. This proposal wrote a glowing commendation of Auralia citing various contributions they had made to the General Assembly during their existence in the WA. However, 11 days after the author had posted the draft to the forums, the NS admin/moderation team discovered that Auralia and Afrasiab were not only the same person but were both in the WA at the same time. This discovery of WA multi-ing prompted the discard of the commendation as well as Auralia (and all nations owned by them) being banned from the World Assembly. When confronted, Auralia showed no remorse and couldn't even be bothered to care as they dismissed NS as being a nothing more than a political game and cited they had done nothing morally wrong. Auralia then claimed that they were going to retire from NS due to their apparent lack of credibility and cheating, which never did happen. Today, Auralia has since been unbanned and is back as an on and off member of the WA.

In the General Assembly, Auralia has been known to participate in creative compliance and non-compliance, both of which fundamentally undermine the authority and functions of the GA. This growing trend of people 'opting' out of legislation they didn't like was later addressed by legislation which made this type of 'compliance,' or lack there of, punishable. Upon evaluating the specific resolutions they choose not to acknowledge and reasoning behind them, one might conclude that rampant human rights abuse occurs in the nation of Auralia.

While this Ministry has no issue with them working to produce future legislation in the WA, it is unclear as to why Auralia should be commended by the same organization they nearly succeeded in defrauding a few years ago. And thus, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote Against this proposal

Condemn Kyrusia

Code:
[floatleft][img]https://i.imgur.com/01ZMaQA.png[/img][/floatleft][size=250]World Assembly Digest[/size]

[i]By Deerfenland[/i]

[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/YnLYZLb.jpg[/img]

[color=green]General Assembly[/color]

[i]Improving the world one resolution at a time[/i][/center]

[center]____________________________________________________________________________________[/center]

[center][b]Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy[/b]

[i]Status: [color=green]Passed[/color]
Delegate's Vote: [color=green]For[/color]
Final Vote (World): For: [color=green]10,855[/color] Against: [color=red]2,859[/color]
Final Vote (TNP): For: [color=green]369[/color] Against: [color=red]146[/color] Percentage of WA nations voting: [b]38.51[/b][/i][/center][i]

[b]Recommendation:[/b] [i]This proposal intends to extend rights to and legally define transgender and non-binary peoples. This will not only improve the quality of life for those communities but also compliment previous legislation regarding this same and similar topics. These rights, being well deserved, primarily focus around hormone therapy for the altering of ones sex characteristics to better reflect their gender identity. The proposal also attests to the scientifically proven facts involved with sex and gender characteristics and the various medical conditions involved.

In accordance with the reasoning stated above, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote For this proposal.

[/i]

[center]____________________________________________________________________________________[/center]

[center][b]Prohibit Private Prisons[/b]

Delegate's Vote: [color=red]Against[/color]
Final Vote (World): For: [color=green]8,576[/color] Against: [color=red]6,401[/color]
Final Vote (TNP): For: [color=green]245[/color] Against: [color=red]257[/color] Percentage of WA nations voting: [b]38.73[/b][/i][/center][i]

[b]Recommendation[/b]: Prohibit Private Prisons possesses problematic phrases that will hinder prisoner quality of life and member nations' ability to care for them. The definition of 'prison' is somewhat small in scope and appears to exclude short-term and non-permanent facilities, thus dropping those from the definition of 'private prisons.' This would make make the desired effect of the resolution more difficult to achieve. Furthermore, one should note that legislation (GAR #161 & GAR #194 to name a few) already exists to care for inmates which would greatly prevent these private prisons from abusing those inmates they possess. Finally, this proposal inadvertently bans non-profit prisons which have on countless occasions worked to advance inmate rights and create safer, more rehabilitation focused centers to directly benefit the lives of inmates.

In hopes of legislation that better protects inmates while not harming systems already in place, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote Against this proposal.

[center][b]Protecting Personal Privacy [/b]

Final Vote (World): For: [color=green]6,173[/color] Against: [color=red]7,954[/color]
Final Vote (TNP): For: [color=green]179[/color] Against: [color=red]327[/color] Percentage of WA nations voting: [b]39.46[/b][/i][/center][i]

[b]Recommendation[/b]: Protecting Personal Privacy, while well intending, gets caught up in its own over-worded clauses and ultra specific definitions. The proposal denies governments the ability to view the data unless specific situations occur, which could cause governments to take larger action than realistically needed in order to view items pertinent to national security and gross crimes before an investigation could be opened. The definition of 'user' is so specific that there is not an easily discernible definition to 'non-user' seeing that it is not defined. This error makes Clause 3, sections 2 and 4 difficult to enforce. Clause 3, section 4 also allows for people to remove evidence of their specific person ever interacting with an organization unless 'there is a clear and compelling safety or disciplinary reason to do otherwise such as loans or criminal records'. This becomes an issue because there is no way to determine if such information could be used in the future for criminal or civil proceedings without those proceedings taking place, thus putting these organizations in a state of limbo. Additionally, Clause 4 allows organizations to prohibit a person from using services if they do not consent to their data being collected, however does not address what happens if a user provides falsified data. Furthermore, Clause 5, section 1 seems unclear if the resolution wants member nations to grant private individuals the ability to go after organizations who do not follow the resolution or if the WA member nation itself must take action against organizations who do not follow the resolution.

In accordance with the reasoning above, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote [b]Against[/b] this proposal.

[center][i][b]Preventing Unjust Warfare[/b]
Delegate's Vote:[b][color=red] Against[/color][/b][color=red][/color]

[/i][/center]

[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/MSkSvav.jpg[/img]

[color=red][i]Security Council[/i][/color]

[i]Spreading interregional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary[/i][/center]

[center][b]Commend The Rejected Realms[/b][/center]

[center]Status: [color=red]Defeated[/color]
Final Vote (World): For: [color=green]2,568[/color] Against: [color=red]10,668[/color]
Final Vote (TNP): For: [color=green]59[/color] Against: [color=red]411[/color] Percentage of WA nations voting: [b]35.39%[/b][/center]

[b]Recommendation[/b]: Commend TRR is the sixth attempt by this author at submitting this proposal. While this proposal has improved somewhat over its earlier iterations, it is still lacking. Unfortunately, there is a distinct lack of appropriate focus on TRR and their history. Of the solid arguments it possesses, it never goes into extensive detail and leaves the reader with little understanding. This is combined with awkward syntax and occasional subtle inaccuracies which cause it to appear as an unfinished draft at best. Furthermore, the author has seemed fairly reluctant to receive and apply criticism as well as perform edits and redrafts.

While believing that TRR is a very commendable region with countless contributions to the greater NS community, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs must recommend a vote [b]against[/b] this proposal.

[center][b]Commend Auralia[/b][/center]

[center]Status: [color=red]Defeated[/color]
Final Vote (World): For: [color=green]3,443[/color] Against: [color=red]9,637[/color]
Final Vote (TNP): For: [color=green]67[/color] Against: [color=red]402[/color] Percentage of WA nations voting: [b]37.65%[/b][/center]

[b]Recommendation:[/b] Auralia, despite having contributed 19 resolutions to the World Assembly, possesses a messy history involving cheating and questionable GA character. A couple proposals they have been involved in have been discarded for various violations however the most significant of such occurred in early 2014. A nation by the name of 'Afrasiab' (now CTE) authored and submitted the proposal 'Commend Auralia'. This proposal wrote a glowing commendation of Auralia citing various contributions they had made to the General Assembly during their existence in the WA. However, 11 days after the author had posted the draft to the forums, the NS admin/moderation team discovered that Auralia and Afrasiab were not only the same person but were both in the WA at the same time. This discovery of WA multi-ing prompted the discard of the commendation as well as Auralia (and all nations owned by them) being banned from the World Assembly. When confronted, Auralia showed no remorse and couldn't even be bothered to care as they dismissed NS as being a nothing more than a political game and cited they had done nothing morally wrong. Auralia then claimed that they were going to retire from NS due to their apparent lack of credibility and cheating, which never did happen. Today, Auralia has since been unbanned and is back as an on and off member of the WA.

In the General Assembly, Auralia has been known to participate in creative compliance and non-compliance, both of which fundamentally undermine the authority and functions of the GA. This growing trend of people 'opting' out of legislation they didn't like was later addressed by legislation which made this type of 'compliance,' or lack there of, punishable. Upon evaluating the specific resolutions they choose not to acknowledge and reasoning behind them, one might conclude that rampant human rights abuse occurs in the nation of Auralia.

While this Ministry has no issue with them working to produce future legislation in the WA, it is unclear as to why Auralia should be commended by the same organization they nearly succeeded in defrauding a few years ago. And thus, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote Against this proposal

[center][i][b]Condemn Kyrusia[/b]
Delegate's Vote:[b][color=red] Against[/color][/b][color=red][/color]

[/i][/center][/i][/i][/i]

Back