Not open for further replies.

abc

Duck
TNP Nation
ABC
Discord
abc#8265
Dear Artemis,

I would like to request that Discord logs from January of 2018 to September of 2018 from the Speaker's Office Discord Channel on the main Discord Server are published for the purposes of public scrutiny. Although, as you mentioned, the FoIA only seems to apply to the Executive, there is nothing that prevents you from publishing these logs. For the sake of transparency, I urge that you do.

Sincerely,
ABC

If I may request of the Speaker, if you decide to post such logs, do so in a locked thread. I'm tired of ABC attacking and blaming me for his own failed Speakership, and I have no doubt he will twist those logs to fit his narrative.

I have split these from the Speaker's Desk thread for the purpose of the Freedom of Information Request.

As I have noted previously the FOIA only applies to the Executive Branch, but there is no laws applying to the Legislative Branch regarding FOI. Until a law is drafted expanding the FOIA to the Legislature it is fully at the discretion of the Speaker to release logs/posts from private areas within the branch. This would mainly be from the Private Speaker's Office here on the forums, the Speaker's Office on TNP General, or from the Speaker's Office Server.

I will review the logs from the Speaker's Office for the time frame as requested by @abc under the guidelines as set forth in LC Chapter 7.5.32 (quoted below) and make a determination after the review if I will release the logs in full or partial logs from that timeframe. As abc has requested 9 months of logs to be released, this will take some time to pull and review said logs before a decision is made. On information that might meet the criteria as classified, I will confer with the Attorney General for a second opinion on the nature of that information.

32. For the purposes of this section, classified information is that which fits any of the below definitions:
  • Real life information about any NationStates player from which there is a risk of inferring that player's real life identity and which has not willingly been disclosed to the public, including, but not limited to, an individual's name, IP address, physical address or location, phone number, place of employment or education, appearance, social media accounts, and other knowledge about a player, unless the player in question provides explicit consent for this information not to be considered private.
  • Real life information about any NationStates player for which there exists a reasonable real life expectation of privacy or discretion, including, but not limited to, health status, both mental and physical; financial status; personal tragedies; changes in personal status such as marriage, divorce, pregnancy, birth, or death; and other similar information, unless the player in question provides explicit consent for this information not to be considered private.
  • Information that, upon being made public, would jeopardize any ongoing military or intelligence operations; or jeopardize the security of units and agents participating in them, or be harmful to the diplomatic interests, military interests, or security of The North Pacific.

If I may request of the Speaker, if you decide to post such logs, do so in a locked thread. I'm tired of ABC attacking and blaming me for his own failed Speakership, and I have no doubt he will twist those logs to fit his narrative.

Noted, I will take this request into consideration if the logs are released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back