-
TNP Nation
Ethnon
Discord
Marcus Antonius #8887
Interview with Limerick1 post Judicial Elections November 2018

November 15, 2018

Marcus Antonius
Hello I am Marcus Antonius, I am writing an article for TNL. I am interviewing all the winners of the recent judicial election. Do you mind taking part?

November 16, 2018

Marcus Antonius
I have carried out my interview with Eluvatar - would you like to be next?

Limerick1
I would love to Sorry for my delay was at work

Marcus Antonius
Thank you. Firstly, may I pass on my congratulations on your success in the recent elections. Okay we shall start with the questions(edited)What made you interested in law within TNP?

November 17, 2018

Limerick1
Thank you for your kind words, it was the complexity of the law, it felt like the challenge i could accomplish coming into a whole new place and attempt to learn its legal texts. It was this and my outside study of law that pushed me toward it

Marcus Antonius
Thank you for your answer. How did you start to gain knowledge on the law?

Limerick1
just started reading it, court cases, documents, anything i could find

Marcus Antonius
Thank you. How did you gain experience?

Limerick1
Well that was really the interesting thing about my first election, i had no experience besides what i had read, but the people chose me to fill a spot that had been vacated, so i would argue it was more out of necessity then anything

Marcus Antonius
I see. I think you have answered the next question - What 'stepping stone' got you into a position to run for justice the first time?Do you think there should a way to train up in Law within TNP?

Limerick1
the problem with training law is that often you tell people how to think, i think the ag's office has made a good program to help those in need

Marcus Antonius
Do you have the name of this 'program'?

November 18, 2018

Marcus Antonius
Hello there, I have concluded my interview with Sillystring, do you wish to continue this interview?

November 19, 2018

Limerick1
I apologize I didn’t realize that I didn’t send that message it is FIRST STOP

Marcus Antonius
That's OK Thank you.(edited)Do the Ministries serve at the behest of the Delegate? If not - if they are independent - do you think a Ministry of Justice should exist?

Limerick1
weather or not the ministries are directly subservient to the constitution is one that is established by our laws and legislature, and is unfortunately above my paygrade outside of a case brought to the court, however my personal opinion on a ministry of justice would be a nay, seeing as the workload the court gets now is very low, it would just seem to operate as a largely stagnant institution

Marcus Antonius
Thank you.(edited)What factors are important in the race to become a justice?

November 20, 2018

Limerick1
be trustworthy, communicate with the voters, and know the law

Marcus Antonius
Good answer, thank you.(edited)In the case that all candidates are qualified, is there a risk that the election becomes a popularity contest?

Limerick1
Of course, there is no election that doesn’t have that risk, but I have faith in the citizens of TNP to avoid that practice

Marcus Antonius
This should be the final question Bearing in mind a newcomer will have no knowledge of the law and no experience. What advice would you give to a newcomer to TNP who is interested in becoming a justice?

November 21, 2018

Limerick1
do what i did, read and make friends who are willing to help you, my first position here was justice, so if you take your time and learn, i know they will succeed

Marcus Antonius
Well, I think that covers all the questions. Thank you very much for your time. It has been a pleasure speaking to you. I wish you all the very best for the future.

Limerick1
thank you and once again i apologize for my weird schedule

Marcus Antonius
No problems. Now I have to write an article

Back