Balder Bugle Issue I

Vulturret

Registered
Azxi9Vf.png

The Realm of Balder - Balder Bugle Issue I

Foreword on the Balder Bugle
In the creation of the Ministry of Communications Statsminister OnderKelkia sought to create a high-quality publication that would reflect goings-on in Balder to serve audiences such as the Balder citizenry and nations, as well as our allies. As Minister of Communications, it is my distinct pleasure to oversee the publication of the first issue of the Balder Bugle. I am most delighted to see OnderKelkia’s plan for the newsletter to come to fruition, and I shall be happy to continue to guide it in the coming months, should the Statsminister so desire. It is an honor to serve Balder, and I hope that you enjoy the Balder Bugle.

19th Storting Convenes Following Elections
The Realm of Balder is most pleased to announce that the 19th Storting (parliament) of our region convened for the current legislative term. Following re-election, MPs Linkin Talleyrand, OnderKelkia, Griffindor 13, Aexnidaral Seymour, and Akillian Talleyrand met to select the region’s Lawspeaker (functional head of the Storting) and Statsminister (Prime Minister and Head of the Cabinet, known as the Statsraadet.) Receiving unanimous support to begin his eleventh term as Statsminister of Balder is renowned statesman OnderKelkia, who’s service to Balder spans many years. The Statsminister is a veteran of several different capacities in Balder, including prior service as Minister of Integration and Minister of Foreign Affairs. Also receiving unanimous support for his position, Linkin Talleyrand begins another term as Lawspeaker of Balder. As a former Minister of War and Statsminister, Linkin brings to the Office of Lawspeaker a plethora of distinguished services to Balder in many different capacities. The Realm of Balder is most grateful to have these two fine leaders back in their roles.

Queen Provides Important Message in State Opening of Parliament
In accordance with the Representation of the Realm Act (September 2015), it is the duty of the Queen to provide a ceremonial opening of Parliament and appointment of the Statsminister on the nomination of the Storting. This is also typically accompanied with remarks of some kind. For the nineteenth Storting, the Queen was pleased to announce OnderKelkia as Statsminister of Balder, but Her Nordic Majesty also provided some important urges to the citizenry of Balder. Highlighting the horrendous rhetoric espoused by politicians of the New Pacific Order, the Queen said that “it is vitally important to the riches and grandeur that our region depends on, that we continue to innovate, applying the tenants and spirit of Independence with Balder characteristics, increasing opportunities and working towards greater pluralism.” The Queen’s emphasis of Balder’s system of governance, unique to it on NationStates, and its commitment to the values of Independence are paramount to the Queen’s longevity and her success with flying colors as the longest-serving active GCR delegate. Balder is lucky to have such excellent leadership in Her Nordic Majesty.

Statsminister Appoints Excellent Cabinet Destined for Success
Following the appointment of Her Majesty, Statsminister OnderKelkia had the following to say prior to appointing his Cabinet for the coming term: “This will be an important term for Balder as the Government embraces a strong focus on regional development based on fully embracing our Nordic theme. The Government will also continue to consolidate our external position in the face of threats, not least from the adherents of Francoism highlighted in the Queen's speech. With these vital issues in mind, I am genuinely delighted that the region will benefit from having in place the strong team of ministers I am announcing today.” The Statsminister’s remarks reflect his strong stance in the face of continued attacks on the Realm of Balder by its enemies. The team of dedicated statesmen assembled by OnderKelkia should provide Balder with much success in the coming months. The new Cabinet is as follows:
Minister of Regional Development: Zander Cerebella
Minister of Foreign Affairs: Fuzzy
Minister of Integration: Linkin Talleyrand
Minister of War: Cinder
Minister of Culture: Brian Triune
Minister of World Assembly Affairs: Griffindor13
Minister of Communications: Vulturret

Statsminister OnderKelkia Firmly Defends Balder Against the NPO
Following the Realm of Balder’s participation in the St Abbaddon operation through the Independent Join Command Coalition alongside its allies, many revelations regarding the New Pacific Order and its poor conduct came to light, re-affirming experiences Balder had with the NPO in other events, such as the removal of Pergamon from the Governing Council of the GCR Sovereignty Accords alongside our allies in the West Pacific. After the operation and the stances of numerous regions against the New Pacific Order, Balder took prompt and swift action, terminating all relations with the New Pacific Order. The Statsminister said on the termination of relations that “this decision reflects Balder's strong opposition to the ideology of Francoism and its use as an instrument for dividing players and regions in order to serve the New Pacific Order's purposes.” As Chairman of the former Independent Joint Command Coalition, Her Nordic Majesty was also paramount to the operation, as she coordinated the deployment of reinforcement units from the Realm of Balder, the Land of Kings and Emperors, and the Republic of Europeia. The Realm of Balder will of course continue to pursue action against the New Pacific Order as the government deems fit.

Contact Vulturret II, Minister of Communications, with comments regarding the Bugle.​

Looking forward to further editions of this paper, more newspapers the better IMO. Thanks for distributing n stuff

Back