[Sentient Species Proposal] Homo Nikri (Sifrites)

TNP Nation
Demescia
The Sifrites (Homo Nikri) are a cousin species to humans, sharing sentience, opposable thumbs. They are also similar to the Aed Kaene, with tall stature and longer lifespans. However, they have a few quirks that set them apart. For example, they have slightly better vision and acute hearing, as an aid for hunting. Also, they are gray-skinned as a consequence of the melanin they use to adapt to semi-arid climates. I do not plan for them to use magic, and if they do, it’d be wielded by only a small amount of the population and only barely grasped compared to centuries or millennia.

I’ve referenced the Sifrites several times prior to this proposal: in both old and new versions of “A Song About Kent State,” my document on Lithonian mythology, my iiWiki page, and sixteen times in the TNPRP Discord (the first of the mentions occurring in the February of 2017). From this, one could assume that I’ve spent a long time considering the practicality and place in my roleplays. Now that I’ve picked up a theme that I want my RPs to go by—the juggling of diversity—I think I’m ready to take on a new sentient species. I am currently attempting to talk with Felis about the biological relationship of the Sifrites and the Aed Kaene, which remains unclear.

I’ve planned for the Aed Kaene to be a practicer and integral part of the Jobatu. Before this request, it was my headcanon that the Sifrites and the other humans of the island previous to 0 CE would have crusaded and fought over the Gods of the Jobatu. The Sifrites would worship the dragons of the central mountain range, as well the God of Chaos. While it’d be only one of many denominations of the Jobatu, it’d be an interesting point of interspecial tension based on ideology and biological difference.

As many in the roleplaying community know, many of my roleplays and national information articles focus on Demescia’s inner workings (complex due to centuries of colonization) and how the government copes with its circumstances, as well as how it has in the past. Sifrites being a cousin species would bring a new depth of character to Demescia’s political climate. For example, why does the government not respect the rights of the Sifrites? If Sifrites were simply an ethnicity, it’d just be a cliche and shallow “natives vs majority” conflict. However, if the Sifrites are a cousin species, then it’d be something more powerful than the former: an argument over what constitutes as a human or what constitutes as worthy of human rights.

In conclusion, Sifrites as a species would have a negligible impact on the rest of Eras modern-day, while also doing more good than harm for the roleplays that I plan to work on.

The Sifrites (Homo Nikri) are a cousin species to humans, sharing sentience, opposable thumbs. They are also similar to the Aed Kaene, with tall stature and longer lifespans. However, they have a few quirks that set them apart. For example, they have slightly better vision and acute hearing, as an aid for hunting. Also, they are gray-skinned as a consequence of the melanin they use to adapt to semi-arid climates. I do not plan for them to use magic, and if they do, it’d be wielded by only a small amount of the population and only barely grasped compared to centuries or millennia.

I’ve referenced the Sifrites several times prior to this proposal: in both old and new versions of “A Song About Kent State,” my document on Lithonian mythology, my iiWiki page, and sixteen times in the TNPRP Discord (the first of the mentions occurring in the February of 2017). From this, one could assume that I’ve spent a long time considering the practicality and place in my roleplays. Now that I’ve picked up a theme that I want my RPs to go by—the juggling of diversity—I think I’m ready to take on a new sentient species. I am currently attempting to talk with Felis about the biological relationship of the Sifrites and the Aed Kaene, which remains unclear.

I’ve planned for the Aed Kaene to be a practicer and integral part of the Jobatu. Before this request, it was my headcanon that the Sifrites and the other humans of the island previous to 0 CE would have crusaded and fought over the Gods of the Jobatu. The Sifrites would worship the dragons of the central mountain range, as well the God of Chaos. While it’d be only one of many denominations of the Jobatu, it’d be an interesting point of interspecial tension based on ideology and biological difference.

As many in the roleplaying community know, many of my roleplays and national information articles focus on Demescia’s inner workings (complex due to centuries of colonization) and how the government copes with its circumstances, as well as how it has in the past. Sifrites being a cousin species would bring a new depth of character to Demescia’s political climate. For example, why does the government not respect the rights of the Sifrites? If Sifrites were simply an ethnicity, it’d just be a cliche and shallow “natives vs majority” conflict. However, if the Sifrites are a cousin species, then it’d be something more powerful than the former: an argument over what constitutes as a human or what constitutes as worthy of human rights.

In conclusion, Sifrites as a species would have a negligible impact on the rest of Eras modern-day, while also doing more good than harm for the roleplays that I plan to work on.

【Disregard this proposal.】
I've realized a simpler solution that I haven't thought of before.

Back