-
TNP Nation
Ethnon
Discord
Marcus Antonius #8887
51HnwR1Ve-L._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Under the Eagle
Eagles of the Empire, Book 1

The first novel in Simon Scarrow’s bestselling Roman series.

It is 42 AD, and Quintus Licinius Cato has just arrived in Germany as a new recruit to the Second Legion, the toughest in the Roman army. If adjusting to the rigours of military life isn’t difficult enough for the bookish young man, he also has to contend with the disgust of his colleagues when, because of his imperial connections, he is appointed a rank above them. As second-in-command to Macro, the fearless, battle-scarred centurion who leads them, Cato will have more to prove than most in the adventures that lie ahead. Then the men discover that the army’s next campaign will take them to a land of unparalleled barbarity – Britain. After the long march west, Cato and Macro undertake a special mission that will thrust them headlong into a conspiracy that threatens to topple the Emperor himself…

"I really enjoyed this book - I have the Hard Back edition in my collection".

61df8OtFGIL._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The Eagle’s Conquest
Eagles of the Empire, Book 2

When Centurion Macro arrives on British soil as one of Emperor Claudius’s invasion force in 43 AD, he is facing one of the toughest campaigns of his battle-scarred career. In a series of bloody skirmishes, Macro and his young subordinate, Optio Cato, and the desperately outnumbered Roman army must find and defeat the enemy before he grows strong enough to overwhelm the legions. But the Britons are not the only foe facing Macro and Cato. A sinister organisation opposed to the Emperor is secretly betraying the invaders. And when rumours of an assassination attempt coincide with the Emperor’s arrival on British soil, the soldiers realise they are up against a force more ruthless than their acknowledged enemy…

"I really enjoyed this book as well - I have the Hard Back edition in my collection".

61DlyJnP%2BAL._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

When the Eagle Hunts
Eagles of the Empire, Book 3

After a series of bloody battles, Camulodunum (modern-day Colchester) has fallen to the invading Roman army. The Emperor has returned to Rome, leaving the fearless Centurion Macro and his young Optio, Cato, to rest and regroup, along with the rest of the Second Legion. As their leader General Plautius plans the next phase of their campaign, word arrives that the ship carrying his family to join him was wrecked in a storm off the south coast. His wife and children have fallen into the hands of a dark sect of Druids, who now demand the return of those of their brotherhood taken prisoner by the Romans. Unless their demands are met within one month, Plautius’s family will be burned alive. Will Cato and Macro discover where the Druids are hiding their hostages? And can they find some way to rescue them before time runs out?

"I am really enjoying this series - I have the Hard Back edition in my collection".

517Og0VoZIL._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The Eagle and the Wolves
Eagles of the Empire, Book 4

It’s 44 AD, and Vespasian and the Second Legion are forging ahead in their campaign to seize the south-west of Britain. Macro and newly appointed centurion Cato are ordered to provide Verica, ruler of the Atrebatans, with an army. They must train his tribal levies into a force that can protect him and take on the increasingly ambitious raids that the enemy is launching. But despite the Atrebatans’ official allegiance to Rome, open revolt is brewing, for many want to resist the Roman invaders. Macro and Cato must win the loyalty of the disgruntled levies – but can they succeed whilst surviving a deadly plot to destroy both them? Macro and Cato face the greatest test of their army careers as only they stand between the destiny of Rome and bloody defeat…

"I am really enjoying this series - I have the Hard Back edition in my collection".

51ae2bpCMBL._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The Eagle’s Prey
Eagles of the Empire, Book 5

It is late summer 44 AD and the battle-weary Roman legions are in their second year of campaigning against the British tribes. The troops’ commander, General Plautius, is under considerable pressure from the emperor to crush the natives once and for all. Centurions Macro and Cato are with the crack Second Legion under the precarious leadership of Centurion Maximus and it’s their task to hold a ford across the river Tamesis when the natives are forced into a trap. But Maximus’s nerve breaks at the critical point, allowing the enemy leader, Caratacus, and his men to escape. Outraged by this failure, General Plautius orders the decimation of the unit. Their choice: die, or escape to become a fugitive pursued by soldiers of their own ruthless army. Hiding from their former comrades, as well as the Britons, Cato’s small band of fugitives have only one chance to redeem themselves before they are hunted down like animals…

51CLDaASRrL._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The Eagle’s Prophecy
Eagles of the Empire, Book 6

It is spring 45 AD and Centurions Macro and Cato, dismissed from the Second Legion in Britain, are trapped in Rome, waiting for their involvement in the death of a fellow officer to be investigated. It is then that the imperial secretary, the devious Narcissus, makes them an offer they can’t refuse: to rescue an imperial agent who has been captured by pirates operating from the Illyrian coast. With him were scrolls vital to the safety of the Emperor and the future of Rome. However, Narcissus also sends Vitellius, an old enemy of the two centurions. The three officers set out from Ravenna with the imperial fleet but the pirates are forewarned and the Romans pay a heavy price. Outnumbered by the enemy, surrounded by rumours of treachery and endangered by Vitellius’ desire to redeem himself, Centurions Macro and Cato must find the pirate base to avert a disaster that could destroy the Emperor.

518Dhis4wJL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The Eagle in the Sand
Eagles of the Empire, Book 7

Trouble is brewing in Syria, on the eastern frontier of the Roman Empire. With the troops in a deplorable state, centurions Macro and Cato are despatched to restore the competence of the cohort. But another challenge faces them as Bannus, a local tribesman, is brewing up trouble and preaching violent opposition to Rome.

As the local revolt grows in scale, Macro and Cato must stamp out corruption in the cohort and restore it to fighting fitness to quash Bannus – before the eastern provinces are lost to the Empire forever…

51UDUTFt2BL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Centurion
Eagles of the Empire, Book 8

In the first century AD the Roman Empire faces a new threat from its long-standing enemy Parthia. Parthia is vying with Rome for control of Palmyra, an officially neutral kingdom. Palmyra’s royal household is on the brink of open revolt, and so a task force under the command of experienced soldiers Macro and Cato is dispatched to defend its king and guard its borders. When Parthia hears of the Roman army’s presence, it starts amassing its troops for war. Macro’s cohort must march against the enemy, deep into treacherous territory. If Palmyra is not to fall into the clutches of Parthia, they will have to defeat superior numbers in a desperate siege. The quest for a lasting peace has never been more challenging, nor more critical for the future of the Empire.

"I am really enjoying this series - Beware the Parthian shot! - I have the Hard Back edition in my collection".

51QbTd4PF3L._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The Gladiator
Eagles of the Empire, Book 9

While centurions Macro and Cato are returning to Rome from a harrowing campaign against the Parthians, their transport ship is almost capsized by a tidal wave. They barely make it to the port of Matala in Crete where they are stunned to find a devastated town. An earthquake has struck the island, destroying its cities and killing thousands. In the chaotic aftermath, large bands of the island’s slaves begin to revolt and local bandits, taking advantage of the slave rebellion, urge the Cretans to overthrow the Roman administration. With many of the island’s troops either killed or wounded during the earthquake, the governor of the province calls on Macro and Cato for help. Can they move swiftly enough to counter the rebellion before it sweeps the Romans from the island?

51CgT%2BlTUbL._SX308_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The Legion
Eagles of the Empire, Book 10

When the actions of a rebel gladiator in Egypt threaten the stability of the Roman Empire, Prefect Cato and Centurion Macro know he must be stopped. The locals are holding the Romans responsible for the attacks and Ajax’s crew have been making along the coast and now Egypt is dangerously volatile. Tasked with tracking and defeating the renegade, Cato and Macro are soon hot on Ajax’s trail, determined to destroy the enemy. But will the strength of a psychotically fatalist gladiator and his new-found allies, hell-bent on destruction, defeat the Roman warriors?

"This was really good - I have the Hard Back edition in my collection".

51voEUGqfcL._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Praetorian
Eagles of the Empire, Book 11

The city of Rome in AD 50 is a dangerous place. Treachery lurks on every corner, and a shadowy Republican movement, ‘the Liberators’, has spread its tentacles wide. It is feared that the heart of the latest plot lies in the ranks of the Praetorian Guard. Uncertain of whom he can trust, the Imperial Secretary Narcissus summons to Rome two courageous men guaranteed to be loyal to the grave: army veterans Prefect Cato and Centurion Macro.

Tasked with infiltrating the Guard, Cato and Macro face a daunting test to win the trust of their fellow soldiers. No sooner have they begun to unearth the details of the Liberators’ devious plan than disaster strikes: an old enemy who could identify them, with deadly consequences, makes an unexpected appearance. Now they face a race against time to save their own lives before they can unmask the mastermind behind the Liberators…

"Having a break from the Eagles of the Empire series ".

51-jAiy7K8L._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Young Bloods
Wellington & Napoleon Quartet, Book 1

Europe in the late eighteenth century was a tumultuous place, with war and rebellions breaking out on many fronts. Young Arthur Wesley (later Wellington) and Napoleon Bonaparte grow up worlds apart yet immersed from youth in a culture where a military career is a natural choice for men of ambition. While Wellington is blooded in Ireland and Flanders, Napoleon is caught up in the dramas of the French Revolution and war with Prussia, Britain and Holland. None of this is enough to distract Wellington from his pursuit of Kitty Pakenham or Napoleon from his future bride, Josephine, for these men throw themselves into all aspects of life as enthusiastically as they rush to battle. YOUNG BLOODS is wonderful, multi-layered introduction to an epic series.

"A really good book - I have the Hard Back edition in my collection".

5182zP09pyL._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The Generals
Wellington & Napoleon Quartet, Book 2

It’s 1796 as THE GENERALS opens, and both Arthur Wellesley (later Wellington) and Napoleon Bonaparte are making their mark as men of military genius. Wellesley, as commander of the 33rd Regiment of Foot, is sent to India, where his skill and bravery make a remarkable impression on his superiors. Napoleon’s role as commander of the Army of Italy leads to success in battle and rapid political progress. By 1804, Napoleon has established himself as Emperor, and has his sights set on conquering all of Europe. The time has come for Wellesley to stand against Napoleon in the confrontation that lies ahead.

"Every time Napoleon had onion soup, I got hungry - I have the Hard Back edition in my collection".

51RFlOErAHL._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Fire and Sword
Wellington & Napoleon Quartet, Book 3

In the early years of the nineteenth century, Arthur Wellesley (elevated to Viscount Wellington in the course of the novel) and Napoleon Bonaparte are well established as men of military genius. Wellesley has returned from India, where his skill and bravery made a remarkable impression on his superiors. He faces trials and tribulations on the political scene before becoming embroiled militarily in Copenhagen, then Portugal and finally Spain. Napoleon, established as Emperor, is cementing his control on Europe, intending finally to crush his hated foe across the Channel: Great Britain. The time is fast approaching when Wellington and Napoleon will come face to face in confrontation – and only one man can emerge victorious…

"I am really enjoying this series too - I have the Hard Back edition in my collection".

51pNB-jzycL._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The Fields of Death
Wellington & Napoleon Quartet, Book 4

It’s 1810, and both Viscount Wellington and Emperor Napoleon have made great names for themselves as outstanding military commanders. Wellington expands his achievements in Spain but knows his most challenging test will be to face Napoleon’s mighty army. But when Wellington invades France in 1814 he gains a swift victory. He indulges in a spell of self-congratulation at Vienna – until news comes of Napoleon’s triumphant return. Napoleon, ambitious as ever, embarks on a Russian campaign which ends in disaster and is then defeated at Leipzig in the biggest battle ever fought in Europe. With Napoleon’s power waning at long last, Wellington must seize the opportunity to crush the tyrant once and for all – and so the two giants face each other for the final time, at Waterloo…

"A meeting between Napoleon and Wellington - fictional but brilliant - I have the Hard Back edition in my collection".

Back