-
-
TNP Nation
Ethnon
Discord
Marcus Antonius #8887
61dn%2BVAsEcL._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

TYRANT by Christian Cameron

A well-born officer of the Athenian cavalry, Kineas fought shoulder to shoulder with Alexander in his epic battles against the Persian hordes. But when he returns to his native city, he finds not glory but ignominy, as all veterans of the Boy King's campaigns are sent into exile. With nothing to his name but his military skills, Kineas has no choice but to become a mercenary, and soon accepts a commission to soldier for the Tyrant of Olbia, a wealthy city on the Black Sea.

But when he reaches Olbia he finds he and his tight-knit band of Athenians have stumbled into a deadly maze of intrigue and conspiracy as the Tyrant plots to use them as a pawn in the increasingly complex power games between his own citizens, the so-called barbarians of the encroaching Scythian plains, and the dread military might of Macedon. Caught between his duty to the Tyrant, his loyalty to his men and a forbidden love affair with a charismatic Scythian noblewoman, Kineas must call on all his Athenian guile, his flair on the battlefield, and even - he is convinced - the intervention of the gods, to survive.

"I really enjoyed this book - I now have the Hard Back edition for my collection".
- MARCVS

Last edited:
51kVW6sJVYL._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Tyrant: Storm of Arrows by Christian Cameron

The stunning sequel to Christian Cameron's epic TYRANT.

Kineas, the Athenian cavalry commander, has come a long way since being dismissed from the army of Alexander and vengefully exiled by his own city. Together, his mercenary force and their Scythian allies have defeated a mighty Macedonian army at the Ford of the River God, and his adopted city of Olbia is now free once more. But his destiny will not allow him to enjoy the fruits of victory for long. Far to the east, at the farthest edge of the Sea of Grass, Alexander is threatening to crush the Scythian hordes once and for all.

The Lady Srayanka of the Cruel Hands, the Scythian warrior-princess who spurned a king's love to be at Kineas's side, is pledged to take her tribe east to help stop 'the monster' - and Kineas knows he has no choice but to follow, even if it means embracing the violent death in battle that he has seen prefigured in countless dreams.

But long before he can confront the might of Alexander's army alongside his beloved Srayanka, he must undertake an epic journey of breathtaking daring...

"I really enjoyed this book as well, a good sequel - Hard Back edition is in my collection".
- MARCVS

Last edited:
51V5KGpKqmL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Tyrant: Funeral Games by Christian Cameron

Another stunning sequel to Christian Cameron's epic TYRANT and Tyrant: Storm of Arrows.

Satyrus and Melitta, twin heirs to a rich kingdom on the Black Sea, become desperate fugitives when their mother, the Scythian warrior-princess Srayanka, is cut down in a savage act of betrayal. Accompanied by their tutor, the Spartan Philokles, they must make a perilous journey west, pursued by ruthless assassins, to find sanctuary with the army of their father's closest friend, Diodorus. But Diodorus is caught up in the tangled web of alliances, betrayals and intrigue that followed Alexander the Great's death, as his generals fought over the huge empire he had created - and soon the twins will have their first taste of real battle as two Macedonian warlords clash. In this violent and unstable world, they must choose sides carefully, as Antigonus One-Eye, and his brilliant son Demetrius, prepare to take on the might of Ptolemy's Egypt, and the forces gather for the biggest and most spectacular battle the world had ever seen - Gaza.

"The Tyrant series just gets better and better - Hard Back edition is in my collection".
- MARCVS

512TB4rUNgL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Tyrant: King of the Bosporus by Christian Cameron

Another stunning sequel in Christian Cameron's epic TYRANT series.

In a world at war, a brother and sister seek revenge...Another drama-drenched story in a truly epic historical series.

They were born in the middle of a battle, into a world at war. And from their first moments of life, twins Satyrus and Melitta were fighting for survival. Their father, a Greek mercenary, was cut down not long after they had taken their first breath; their Scythian mother was cruelly murdered when they were still children.

But Satyrus and Melitta are children no more. They have learned how to fight, how to love, how to plot and how to kill. Now it is time to leave their adopted home, the city of Alexandria, and the protection of Alexander the Great's former general, Ptolemy - and seek revenge.

Now it is time to go to war...

"A brilliant read - Hard Back edition is in my collection".
- MARCVS

Last edited:
I've never heard of Christian Cameron. Thanks for the book recs!
No problem my friend ;)

Christian Gordon Cameron (born August 16, 1962), who writes under the pen names Gorden Kent and Miles Cameron, is a Canadian novelist, who was educated and trained as both an historian and a former career officer in the US Navy. His best-known work is the ongoing historical fiction series Tyrant, which by 2009 had sold over 100,000 copies.

Author_Photo_of_Christian_Cameron.png
Chris Cameron in hoplite armor

Tyrant, (2008)
Storm of Arrows, (2009)
Funeral Games, (2010)
King of the Bosporus, (2011)

Last edited:
Christian_Cameron__Killer_of_Men.jpeg

Killer of Men - (Long War #1) by Christian Cameron

Arimnestos is a farm boy when war breaks out between the citizens of his native Plataea and and their overbearing neighbours, Thebes. Standing in the battle line - the wall of bronze - for the first time, alongside his father and brother, he shares in a famous and unlikely victory. But after being knocked unconscious in the melee, he awakes not a hero, but a slave. Betrayed by his jealous and cowardly cousin, the freedom he fought for has now vanished, and he becomes the property of a rich citizen of Ephesus. So begins an epic journey from slavery that takes the young Arimnestos through a world poised on the brink of an epic confrontation, as the emerging civilization of the Greeks starts to flex its muscles against the established empire of the Persians. As he tries to make his fortune and revenge himself on the man who disinherited him, Arimnestos discovers that he has a talent that pays well in this new, violent world, for like his hero, Achilles, he is 'a killer of men'.

"Currently reading - Hard Back edition is in my collection".
- MARCVS

Back