The Asher Controversy

From The Midranean Broadcasting Company in The D.D.M

May 23rd; 8:15 A.M
“Good morning Midir, this is Syd Elroy reporting in.

We in the MBC have been following the agreements coming out of the Government and we have noticed that the recent trade agreements haven't been beneficial to the nation and have been causing the nation major economic losses.

Specifically, we have noticed a recent trade agreement with the Meterran nation of Tommatito. The trade agreement in question trades over $13 billion in military equipment, mostly ships and fighter jets, for a port in the Tommatitoan Region of Raste and a meager amount of food.

This agreement, while fulfilled this year, can be renewed next year. If it is renewed then it would cost the nation another $13 billion in losses.

The MBC will be monitoring the situation.”

From the Midranean Capital

10:20 AM

“Hello Midir, this is Sherwood Oswin reporting in from the Capital building.
There is currently a large group of protesters gathering outside of the Capital building.
It seems the Midranean people don't approve of the Tommatitoan trade agreement.

We will be pushing the Government for a response to the situation.”

11:18 A.M

“This is Sherwood reporting in.
The Government has declined to comment on the Tommatitoan situation.

This hasn't sat well with the protesters, it seems the situation is starting to devolve.

We will keep everyone up to date.”

1:25 P.M

“This is Sherwood reporting back in.

The protesters have grown impatient with the Governments lack of a response and have started rioting.

The police are trying to quell the riot but don’t seem to be gaining any ground.

Hopefully the Government releases a response soon.”

3:10 P.M

The police have started gaining ground in quelling the protestors.

The Government has released a response for the nation.”

From the Midranean Government:
“The Tommatitoan Trade Deal will be looked into soon and the Secretary of Foreign Relations and Trade, Cedric Asher, will be investigated to ensure he can be trusted to keep the position”

5:08 P.M

The police have succeeded in quelling the rioters.
Many of the rioters have been arrested, while we don’t have hard numbers; there seems to be over 50 rioters arrested.

There seems to be quite a large amount of collateral damage, with many cars destroyed, windows smashed in, and a few fires started.

Regardless, the situation seems to be calmed.”

Last edited:
From the office of the Midranean President; Preston Milton

6:05 P.M

Preston Milton looks out the window to the damage caused by the protestors.
“This disdain from the Midranean people for the current situation cannot stand.”

Preston Milton calls Cedric Asher into his office

6:15 P.M

Cedric Asher walks into the President’s office and stands in front of the President’s desk

“Yes, Mr. President?”

“Do you know why i’ve called you here Mr. Asher?”

“Is it related to today’s riot?”

“I am afraid it is, it seems the Midranean people are not pleased with your performance. The people do not appreciate the Tommatitoan trade deal.”

“I have noticed Mr. President. Are you suggesting what I think you are suggesting?”

“I am, I am sorry Cedric, I am going to have to ask you to step down or I will have to let you go.”

“With all due respect Mr. President, I do not believe I should have to step down because of one bad deal.”

“The people have spoken Cedric, the people are the only reason this nation exists. If you do not step down, I will have to let you go.”

“You will have to let me go then, but you will be losing an extremely important asset.”

“The people have spoken. Cedric Asher, you are now relieved of your duties. Leave my office, now.”

Cedric Asher departs from President Milton’s office, leaving Preston to contemplate what to do next.

Last edited:
From the Midranean Capital

7:10 P.M

“This is Sherwood Osin reporting in.

The Government just released a report on the Asher situation”

The report reads as follows:
“After assessing the situation and the response from the Midranean people, President Milton has come to the conclusion that he had to dismiss Mr. Asher to ensure the happiness of the people. The Government will replace Mr. Asher with a Department Secretary that will create deals that will benefit the nation and not cause the nation economic problems.
In response to the Tommatitoan trade deal, while we cannot reverse the deal for the weapons delivered this year, the Government will not allow it to be renewed for next year. This solution should limit the overall damage of the deal.”

8:25 P.M

President Milton enters the Midranean Senate to get approval of the next Secretary for the Department of Foreign Relations and Trade

“To the Senators of this great nation, I believe that we need a new Secretary for the Department of Foreign Relations and Trade. That being said, I have appointed Anthony Brooks to the position. He worked as the Treasurer for the District of Nork for 15 years. I believe he is the most qualified for the position.”

After 10 minutes of bickering between the Senators, Kiera Sabella, the Senate leader, stands to address President Milton

“While some of the Senators may disagree with your decision, overall the majority of Senators realize Mr. Brooks contributions to the District of Nork and approve of your decision.”

“Thank you, Mrs. Sabella. I do believe Mr. Brooks will live up to the expectations of the Midranean people.”

President Milton walks out of the Midranean Senate and heads to brief Anthony Brooks on his duties

Last edited:
From the Midranean Broadcasting Company

8:52 A.M; May 24th

“Good morning Midir, we hope you are all having a wonderful day, this is Syd Elroy reporting in.

After the riots in the Capital yesterday, we have got a very interesting report from President Milton.”

The report reads as follows:
“After noticing the Midranean peoples’ disdain for the now ex-Secretary, I made to decision to relieve Mr. Asher of his duties as Secretary. I decided to appoint the ex-Treasurer of Nork, Anthony Brooks. As you all may know, he worked as Treasurer from 2000-2015. I believe Mr. Brooks performed fantastically as Treasurer and I do not think there is a person more suited to the position than Mr. Brooks”

Last edited:
Back