The Disappointed Father
-
TNP Nation
Oracle
Discord
Hyperion#1325
moce_seal.png

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Welcome one and all to the Danger Zo...I mean Ministry of Culture for the coming term! I am not 100% sure how I ended up where I am today but I would like to first think Gladio for placing his trust in me to lead this Ministry. This will be my first major position within the North Pacific and I will work not to let you down.

Secondly I would like to thank McMasterdonia who has been a mentor to me not only for the last 4 months but for much longer than that. Your friendship is something that I value greatly and it will be a hard time filling in the shoes that you left behind.

My first act as Minister will be appointing SillyString as my First Deputy Minister and the go to person if I am not able to be contacted. She has done an excellent job and has shown great enthusiasm and initiative when it comes to planning of our holiday events. I look forward to working with SillyString this term.

I plan to continue the format of the Ministry that McMasterdoina instituted of 4 departments within the Ministry.

Event Management - Deputy Minister SillyString

This term is a tad light in terms of Holidays for TNP. Flag day will be later in the term giving SillyString plenty of time to plan for this event.

Something that I have seen lacking is holidays dedicated to the regional religion of Flemingovianism and I plan to work with members of the Flemingovian Church and DM SillyString with establishing an event celebrating Flemingovia.

Event management is a huge part of what the Ministry of Culture has been known for since 2012. Events require careful planning and implementation, and require significant time and staffing resources. Staff involved in this area will have the opportunity to support the work of myself and SillyString on the following projects in the coming term:

-TNP Public Holidays
-Flemingovian Holiday Event

Roleplay Events and Promotion - Deputy Minister Catalunya

I plan to work with members of the Culture Staff to support the work that we have seen from our RP Moderators and community on the forum and the RMB to help promote integration and participation.

As part of the Ministry of Culture we will continue to reward members of the community for their work on Factbooks through the Stories of TNP. It is my hope that this will encourage activity and participation with role playing in TNP and pushing a high standard of roleplay that TNP is known for. We will continue with the three themes of Military, Leadership, and Economies and will be adding Infrastructure and Politics as additional awards.

I am pleased to announce that Catalunya will be serving as Deputy Minister for Roleplay Promotion for this term.

The Ministry will continue to work with St George and other RP moderators in promoting all that our regional roleplay community has to offer. In addition, the Ministry will conduct a recruitment effort of leading RPers to bring them into the Culture Staff to assist in implementing this promotional agenda. We will revise guides currently in place, with a particular focus on the national information subforum in order to encourage it's greater use. Aside from continuing the operation of the Stories of the North Pacific award program, we will also be exploring a flagship region wide roleplay event, to allow RPers to participate as characters from nations, instead of as nations exclusively. Staff involved in this area will have the opportunity to support the work of myself and Catalunya on the following projects in the coming term:

-Promotion of the RP community in-game
-Recruitment of RPers to Executive Staff for Culture
-Development of guides for factbooks (easy conversion for on-site content to forum side content).
-Hosting of region wide RP event
-Launch of Eras Magazine
-Continued operation of Stories of the North Pacific

Games and Entertainment - led by Deputy Minister Yukkira

Another very important area to the Culture Ministry, Yukkira will be staying on as a Deputy Minister responsible for this area of work. A major focus the term, we will be hosting the Lennart Awards, organising regular games and entertainment on discord, community VC sessions, and carrying out the flagged review/additions to other key areas of the forum. Staff involved in this area will have the opportunity to support the work of myself and Yukkira on the following projects in the coming term:

-Discord games/entertainment: movie watching, cards against humanity hosting, other activities.
-QandA Seminars and VC sessions Lennarts implementation
-Review and additions to games and arts activities.
-Review and additions to university discussions

Graphic Design - In Search of Deputy Minister

This is an area that I previously lead during the term of McMasterdonia, and I am looking for Deputy Minister to lead this department. This is an important supporting role across all areas of the ministry. I will continue to work on desigining some graphic work but I would like to bring in new design and ideas to lead this work moving forward. Staff involved in this aread will have the opportunity to support the work of myself and the new Deputy Minister on the following projects in the coming term.

-Design Stories of TNP Awards for Politics and Infastructure
-Artwork for Flemingovian Holiday
-Supporting role to other Ministry items
-Finalizing the Eras Magazine Template

If you are interested in being the Deputy Minister of Graphic design please contact me via message or telegram.

I am excited to get this term started on a running start. I am a firm believer that I do not always know best. If you have ideas which the Ministry could work on please feel free to share them with me and we will do what we can to implement your idea.

That is all that I have for now. If you have any questions/feedback/or other suggestions or concerns please let me know and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

I feel bad that this was buried under everything else. Proud of all your work last term and congrats on the appointment. Looking forward to another awesome term!

Back