Synnaraka - Resignation from Foreign Affairs

Synnaraka

TNPer
Due to not being contacted and still having not received information on this position, I've decided to resign and pursue a position with a different Ministry. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Interesting as I have been told a different story.

Following your message on the 18th, to which I responded on the 19th, I instructed the Deputy Minister to reach out to you based on the information you'd requested and begin your initial assessment, protocols evaluation and mentoring/interview.

The screenshot of that conversation that I have is dated Thursday 21st of December, what is more, your interview with the Deputy Minister was scheduled for 9AM CST, yesterday (Friday) and I was informed that you had not shown up.

[me] raises an eyebrow

Lord Ravenclaw:

Following your message on the 18th, to which I responded on the 19th, I instructed the Deputy Minister to reach out to you based on the information you'd requested and begin your initial assessment, protocols evaluation and mentoring/interview.

The screenshot of that conversation that I have is dated Thursday 21st of December, what is more, your interview with the Deputy Minister was scheduled for 9AM CST, yesterday (Friday) and I was informed that you had not shown up.

[class=administrator]Lord Ravenclaw[/class] raises an eyebrow
I'm just curious the ordering of these scheduled interviews. Synnaraka signed up for their interview a month after I signed up for mine and yet you say they already had an interview scheduled? I have not even been approached yet regarding an interview. Unless you count the time that I was harassed for choosing the text-based interview option after approaching the MoFA regarding an entirely unrelated matter. My screenshots of that conversation are dated Thursday 21st of November.

How much longer is this recall going to last? Surely our embassy regions are wondering why TNP has been absent for the past 2 months now.

[me] raises both eyebrows

Siwale:
Lord Ravenclaw:

I'm just curious the ordering of these scheduled interviews. Synnaraka signed up for their interview a month after I signed up for mine and yet you say they already had an interview scheduled? I have not even been approached yet regarding an interview. Unless you count the time that I was harassed for choosing the text-based interview option after approaching the MoFA regarding an entirely unrelated matter. My screenshots of that conversation are dated Thursday 21st of November.

How much longer is this recall going to last? Surely our embassy regions are wondering why TNP has been absent for the past 2 months now.

[class=vice_delegate]Siwale[/class] raises both eyebrows
We are working to try and get them done as soon as possible. A Senior Diplomat has chosen to help and is doing yours and so should be contacting you soon to organise.

Owenstacey:
Siwale:
Lord Ravenclaw:

[class=vice_delegate]Siwale[/class] raises both eyebrows
We are working to try and get them done as soon as possible. A Senior Diplomat has chosen to help and is doing yours and so should be contacting you soon to organise.
Much appreciated, Mr. Deputy Minister.

As I explained to Owen, I was online at the time scheduled, and was online sporadically throughout the day, and was never contacted. I can provide my own screenshots of these conversations as well, if needed.

It seems that there are deeper issues that need to be addressed as well within this Ministry, such as a starkly apparent lack of communication within the organisation, and I wish you all the best in seeing these issues fixed.

I am surprised at your admission. Foreign Affairs requires a great deal of knowing when to reach out, something that you demonstrated with your contact to me. Yet, when it came to checking in for your scheduled interview, you did not do so.

You may have screenshots but what I have is something more important: Diplomats are expected to reach out and check in for interviews, it is a small but important piece of the job. The Deputy Minister, or myself, or even the Delegate when they've sat in for interviews in FA cannot be expected to hold the hand of Initiates.

I lament this has happened, but it is done.

Oh and before I forget: do not underestimate the time, energy and effort it takes to run any form of organisation in The North Pacific. It's very much unlike ruling your own RP nation where you make the rules, since I am reliant on a network of people, and even more so I am reliant on a network of colleagues throughout the executive to ensure that every piece of the puzzle is there.

Foreign Affairs is the most difficult ministry to get involved in because of the nature of its assignment, it controls and has access to information that is not just sensitive to TNP, but our interests abroad. Our work is vital for the government, and the Regional Assembly is regularly briefed by Government Officials who have investigated and gathered information for that body to ensure the RA, The Delegate and the Executive Council can make decisions with enough knowledge at hand to know the situation.

Parting barbs were unnecessary, and poor form.

This thread does not need to become a spectacle, although simply by having me as the final poster and the title, it shall. I will modify the thread title and close this thread.

Back