(Draft) Sanctioned Perjurious Information Act (Need Better Title)

Long time lurker. With the legal ruling of noncompliance being a thing I thought I'd try something a little different and unexplored. I understand the foundations of this is a little dicey but I look forward to working with you all to make it work. Sorry if the wording is wonky too, did this in a hurry.

Category: International Security
Strength: Mild
Proposed by: Stoskavanya

Acknowledging the significant commitment and sacrifice nations are required to undertake to comply with World Assembly resolutions and that nations are doing so dutifully in good faith.

Emphasizing the importance of the integrity of truth-finding commissions in the World Assembly which is needed to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of binding resolutions.

Concerned that there still exist a significant gain for individuals within a member state to manipulate evidence that is given to truth-finding commissions in the World Assembly in order to avoid, alleviate, and misguide potential judgement of wrongdoing which may be concluded from the findings of such commission.

Also Concerned that there is no significant and effective legal consequence to hold nations who allow such individuals to purposely or knowingly put forward falsehoods to further self-interest in investigations accountable.

Hereby,

1. Defines perjury for the purpose of this resolution as the deliberate and material manipulation of truth or accuracy of evidence or information.

2. Prohibits member nations, political subdivisions thereof, or any person or organization acting on or purporting to be acting on the authority of the member nation from knowingly committing perjury with the material intent to alter the findings of an General Assembly sanctioned investigation, fact-finding committee, or database in order to promote national or personal self-interest, including;

a.Committing perjury in testimony and production of false evidence
b.Using vague or false evidence to delay or hinder the process deliberation
c.Withholding requested or relevant evidence knowingly

-I. Clarifying "knowingly" as being cognizant of actions committed to perjure evidence or information or being aware of the existence of such evidence or information.
-II. Clarifying "material" as the requirement that the perjurious evidence have an actual impact on the deliberation or findings of an investigation.

3. Urges member nations to discourage the production of prejurious evidence within their nation and to take measures to ensure information supplied to the World Assembly is accurate and reliable.

4. Recommends that member nations found knowingly allowing the supply of perjurious evidence or information be duly noted in the findings of investigations, arbitration, or deliberations concerning claims of jurisdiction and prosecutions of wrongdoing.

Hi Stoskavanya, I apologize for not getting on this sooner. I think it's a great idea you have here, it just needs some polishing. It's a little late for me here right now, but I'll get some suggested revisions posted for you here as soon as I can.

Thanks Deropia, it certainly does and ill start doing so in a bit. I just need to know if the legal foundations for this is acceptable.

I'm working on some other ideas so close this one for now. I was waiting for a ruling on Separatist People's "Compliance Commission", since the validity of this was based on a ruling on that, but it never came so we'll wait on this one.

Back