Roleplay Guides & RP Promotion in-game

mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
I think to start this off, we should begin with two questions.

1) How can we effectively promote our offsite roleplay in-game? Particularly for *new* nations.
2) What supporting guides/infrastructure can we create to assist RPers?

In particular, I would like to see updated guides on what our RP looks like, namely:
  • How to RP in TNP: What are our standards and where do nations go for assistance?
  • How to write/prepare a national history?
  • How to code an NS Factbook? And a code that can be used to easily convert a factbook for our forums.

I would like us also to consider what new and innovative ways we can promote our RP community in-game. Stories of the North Pacific is a good example.. but what are others? Should we do a RP specific telegram? Should we feature our work in some other way? I am all ears.

i think we should write an standarize rulebook for roleplay, it should be used as a guide for new and old to roleplay at NP but also could be use as an example for other regions to play.
Write it and make it available for download.

mcmasterdonia:
I think to start this off, we should begin with two questions.

1) How can we effectively promote our offsite roleplay in-game? Particularly for *new* nations.
2) What supporting guides/infrastructure can we create to assist RPers?

In particular, I would like to see updated guides on what our RP looks like, namely:

• 3)
  • How to RP in TNP: What are our standards and where do nations go for assistance?
    4)
  • How to write/prepare a national history?
    5)
  • How to code an NS Factbook? And a code that can be used to easily convert a factbook for our forums.

I would like us also to consider what new and innovative ways we can promote our RP community in-game. Stories of the North Pacific is a good example.. but what are others? Should we do a RP specific telegram? Should we feature our work in some other way? I am all ears.
(1) We could do what many well known RP only regions do is occasionally have RPs on the NS forum, there is no better way to promote what our community can offer than taking it right to the users. Also this way might encourage our RMB rpers to join in.

(2-5) I second Sergio86s' suggestion for a standardized rule book, though that will be some many heated discussions. The Pacific on their RP side has a pretty good rule book(but very rigid and makes some rps impossible with out breaking their rules). We also could have a Q&A thread pinned(assuming we don't already) with all the current helpful guides listed.

Sil Dorsett:
I kinda forgot about this for a bit, but it might be useful. It describes expectations for Eras RP (which also means it doesn't apply to RMB RP). I'd like to see this doc be more refined and converted into something that could be made permanent on the forum. Have a look at let me know...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aYUbPtFFPYZs1rpGMQwjWIa_4QAs_U6kmtjqDdd5kNw/
Thanks so much for this Sil!

I'll give it a read over and then we can format it for in-game and off site purposes.

Back