Creation Day Celebration

SillyString

TNPer
-
-
13. The thirteenth of November shall be Creation Day, and shall commemorate and celebrate the establishment of NationStates; and provide an opportunity to extend fellowship throughout the NationStates communities.

So, as I mentioned on Discord, I really wish I'd paid a little more attention to the timing of the Friendship Fair, because it would have been perfect overlapped with this holiday. :P

Nevertheless!

I have a couple ideas on how to celebrate this one, so I would like feedback on them please! They are not mutually exclusive

1) Start a thread in the NS Gameplay forum to mark the event, and encourage people from all regions to come and participate. I also propose a mini-challenge where a little award (and kudos) would go to the oldest nation who posts in the thread. Obviously the real goal would be to get Testlandia to post. :P

Could use some help coming up with an overall theme for this thread.

2) To help foster an atmosphere of fellowship, encourage TNP nations to post nice things on the RMBs of our allies (those of whom that allow cross-RMB posting, anyway), and invite them to come chat on our RMB as well. Also, probably have an "RMB topic" in our WFE relating to the holiday.

Pls opine!

1) Sure, why not. That sounds like a good idea.
2) I can also go for that. Granted, I'd like for all of our Ambassadors to just warn the other nations about the erm... uniqueness of our RMB currently. Casual chatter can get lost in all the RPing that happens.

In addition, I'm under no delusion that older nations might look on at our RMB with disdain since the idea of RPing in the RMB is a rather new and progressive notion. They might get put off simply by the fact that the TNP RMB is now home to a RP community. As long as the warning is there, and that the nations posting understand that this is now acceptable in the TNP RMB, then I'm okay with this.

I mean, I hate the RP on our RMB, but I've learned to stop complaining about things I can't prevent[note]If only because Pallaith won't LET me suppress all those posts...[/note]. :P

These actually aren't mutually exclusive ideas - I was thinking we could do them both.

Does anyone have thoughts on what the themes should be? Theme for the RMB, and theme for the NSGP thread?

SillyString:
I mean, I hate the RP on our RMB, but I've learned to stop complaining about things I can't prevent[note]If only because Pallaith won't LET me suppress all those posts...[/note]. :P

These actually aren't mutually exclusive ideas - I was thinking we could do them both.

Does anyone have thoughts on what the themes should be? Theme for the RMB, and theme for the NSGP thread?
I also hate RP on the RMB.. but what can we do.

I certainly think we can do both.

Is it silly that I thought of doing a creation story for TNP based on Flemingovianism? This could be an immersive RP experience where we encourage RPers to spread the word of Flemingovia (and the creation story) on the RMB's of regions we have embassies with.

I think the in-game forum post could be based on the same type of idea.. however we'd need to be careful that we don't cross the line to too much RP.

I'll think on this some more.

Back