Shared History Thread: Icenia

Esplandia

Factbook Addict
-
TNP Nation
Esplandia
Discord
esplandia
I thought that even though the world building convention has ended we can still continue on with some world building bits. And since Icenia seems to be the accepted name for the continent in the south west now would be a good time for the inhabitants of Icenia to work on some shared history. Nightsong and I already have some shared events and relations worked out and I'd like to see more stuff added.

Anyway, I invite the Merillian League, Bravaedia, Xagill, Aldion, McMasterdonia (who controlled part of modern day Esplandia) and any future inhabitants of Icenia to join me in a discussion of history. And anyone else who has or wants historical relations with our nations is free to post here as well.

To get things started I'll give a quick overview of my nation's history.

The original inhabitants of my lands are related ethnically to modern day Merillians. The first foreign 'invaders' were the Kianese sometime around 600 bc if my memory is correct. Then around 800 ad the first Hastfrads arrived on the continent, migrating out of the far north in what is now modern day Goyanes, Gotmark, and Ninhundland. They quickly came to dominate the Vestrugat (the Hastfradic name for my territories) even pushing against the Kianese empire. In 1566-1569 the Grand Duke of Valdayn, a Hastfradic vassal of the Kianese empire, rebelled and founded the nation of Esplandia. Since then Esplandia has come to be the biggest player in Hastfradic affairs. There was a period of time between 1700 and the late 1800s where the Syrixian Empire controlled a large part of the Vestrugat but his empire was eventually driven out (due in part to many foreign wars his empire was caught up in, and in part to the Hastfrads being tenacious fighters). The last war we were involved in was the Talamnic War in the 1950s, which divided the old monarchies in the east against the communists in the west. The war was won by the monarchies and the communists were overthrown. Recently the nations of the Vestrugat joined together under the Hastfradic League.

I've kept most of my history from like 400 CE-present open to essentially anything, so I'd be willing to coordinate sort of invasions and migrations for just about anything... :P

BraveSirRobin:
I've kept most of my history from like 400 CE-present open to essentially anything, so I'd be willing to coordinate sort of invasions and migrations for just about anything... :P
That'd be great. If you have any events you'd like to add to your nation that perhaps we could have got involved in I'd be happy to discuss those. I know sometimes the hardest steps in shared history is the first couple steps.

In the meantime perhaps you can think over how your nation would have handled things in my most recent war in the 1950s, which was pretty much Monarchists and Republicans versus Communists.

Would you have gotten involved? Given aid? Remained neutral? Used the chaos to increase your own influence?

Just as a place to start

Back