Writinglegend Accepts Presidency

Ryccia

TNPer

EBC_Logo.png

Writinglegend Accepts Presidency
Written by JayDee

[/center]

(September 2nd, 2017) In his seventh opening address as President, Writinglegend announced his intention to serve the rest of the term as Europeia’s President. This announcement comes following the resignation of former President Cat in light of a scandal regarding the release of classified information to a third party. 

In his address, Writinglegend addressed the trying times the region as a whole was facing. “This has been a tough twenty-four hours for all of us...I would like to thank Cat for her service to our region...After discussions with fellow Europeians, I will state that I fully intend to finish serving this term as the President of Europeia, and I will not be stepping down or resigning from this position.” The acceptance of the presidency marks an unprecedented seven terms for Writinglegend, who has already served for over a year total as President.

President Writinglegend immediately let his thoughts be known on the Kingdom of Great Britain, with an impactful statement. "We unequivocally condemn the Kingdom of Great Britain for the actions of their founder and former Monarch, Don, and encourage all of our friends and allies to terminate relations with this region." This call comes immediately after the Kingdom of Great Britain was found making threats to Europeia's ally, The West Pacific, and calling to subvert our democratic elections, among other disturbing actions taken by their former Monarch and Founder, Don, and those within their leadership. 

With Writinglegend’s ascension to the Presidency, a vacancy has arisen for the position of Vice President. In order to fill this vacancy, Writinglegend nominated HEM as his Vice President. HEM will face Senate confirmation and, in accordance with the Constitution, must achieve ? majority support before he may carry out his office.

The selection of HEM was made in light of HEM’s experience in newcomer integration and his involvement in the original integration platform; one of the central points of former President Cat’s platform. “He will be a highly valuable addition to this Cabinet, considering he was the original creator of the Internship Program, which this administration seeks to re-launch.”

Writinglegend received unanimous support from the Republic for his decision. Amongst them, PhDre was one of the first to voice his support, letting them know they “have the full support of the region.”

Kylia Quilor and Mekhet joined PhDre in his sentiments. Both commended the selection of HEM as a strong and “very sound choice” for the Republic.

If HEM is confirmed by the Senate, it will be his 2nd time as Vice President in a year. The last time HEM was Vice President was under former President Trinnien. 

Despite Writinglegend’s experience, Europeia faces a tough time ahead. Writinglegend reassured everyone in the region that the region would succeed, and the voices of the electorate would be heard through a unified commitment to Europeia's ideals. 

"HEM and I proceed into a turbulent situation, but we can and will get through this so long as we work together as a community to achieve our common interests."

Back