Delegate Delirium 2017

SillyString

TNPer
-
-
Delegate Delirium

Sponsored by The North Pacific Ministry of Culture

What is Delegate Delirium all about?
Delegate Delirium is the event that marks Delegates' Day, which occurs on September 9th every year. Delegates' Day seeks to acknowledge and celebrate the hard work of all of TNP's delegates, and recognize their immense contributions to our region.

Delirium is an exciting event, a la March Madness, that pits former TNP delegates against one another to determine who was the very best! Winners are decided via in-game polls, which are open to all nations in the region.

For the first 4 rounds (elimination flights), the top two (out of eleven) will advance into the quarter-finals. The quarter-finals, semi-finals, and finals will be one-on-one, winner-take-all matches to the death!

The ultimate victor will receive a shiny medal, and be declared (honorary) King of TNP! The event will recur every year for Delegates' Day, so if your preferred delegate doesn't win this year, they can try their luck again next time.

Who is eligible to compete?

Excellent question! All individuals who have held the delegacy in TNP are permitted to enter, with three exceptions. First, anyone who has held the delegacy with more than one nation is only allowed one entry. Second, the sitting delegate at the time the competition is held is disqualified, due to their incumbency advantage. Finally, prior winners of the title may not enter in future years, in order to make sure the spoils are spread around.

However, all other former delegates are eligible - even ones who took the delegacy due to a coup!

Is there a list of all the delegates somewhere?

There sure is! Check out this handy dandy dispatch for a complete list, including dates and national flags!

I really want to vote for my favorite delegate. How do I know when they'll be playing?

Fear not! We have a schedule all drawn up, so you'll know just when to lodge your votes! "TBD" entries will be filled in as soon as we know the winners from previous rounds.

Round 1: August 26 [c] Round 2: August 27 [c] Round 3: August 28 [c] Round 4: August 29 [c] Mikestonia (1) [c] Lewis and Clark (1) [c] Former English Colony (8) [c] Treenudity (1) [c] Flemingovia (6) [c] New Kervoskia (1) [c] The Tresville Element (0) [c] SillyString (19) [c] Durkadurkiranistan (4) [c] Emperor Matthuis (2) [c] Ermarian (1) [c] Groovistan (1) [c] HMS Unicorn (34) [c] Zemnaya Svoboda (27) [c] Lungwallabad (0) [c] Thel D'Rran (3) [c] Shoeless Joe (1) [c] Better Times (2) [c] United Individuals (0) [c] Plembobria (22) [c] Great Bights Mum (18) [c] Wilkshire (11) [c] Blackshear (2) [c] McMasterdonia (37) [c] Great Bight (1) [c] Jamie Anumia (1) [c] Unterwasserseestaat (0) [c] Zeropositive (1) [c] Novare Res (3) [c] The Democratic Republic of Tomb (7) [c] Grosseschnauzer (2) [c] Magicality (0) [c] Pasargad (0) [c] Cote de Tombolo (1) [c] Lord Ravenclaw (40) [c] Blue Wolf II (2) [c] Stars of Sky (3) [c] The Twoslit Experiment (2) [c] Pixiedance (3) [c] Chodean Kal (0) [c] Nastic (1) [c] UPS Rail (4) [c] Sydia (2) [c] Hepzibah II (1)

Matchup [c] Date [c] Winner [c] Lord Ravenclaw (36) vs. Wilkshire (13) [c]September 1[c] Lord Ravenclaw [c] HMS Unicorn (40) vs. Plembobria (30) [c]September 2[c] HMS Unicorn [c] McMasterdonia (42) vs. Great Bights Mum (20) [c]September 3[c] McMasterdonia [c] Zemnaya Svoboda (39) vs.
Former English Colony (25)
[c]September 4[c] Zemnaya Svoboda

Matchup [c] Date [c] Winner [c] Lord Ravenclaw vs. McMasterdonia [c]September 6[c] TIED [c] HMS Unicorn vs. Zemnaya Svoboda [c]September 7[c] HMS Unicorn

Matchup [c] Date [c] Winner [c] Their Majesties, the Kings vs. HMS Unicorn [c]September 9[c] Their Majesties, the Kings

The first poll is open, so get out the vote! Spread the word! And above all... have fun!

I had a giggle that Great Bight and Great Bights Mum ended up in the same flight! :lol:

If anyone is wondering how the elimination flights were determined, I used a random number generator.

It's a shame that you can't mention the nations in the poll answers themselves, would have been cool to see if it would get a response out of some of the older nations that are still hanging about.

Yeah... Also it'd be nice if we could have let people vote for 2! Oh well.

NEXT POLL IS OUT! Vote here!

This one will be interesting - I think there'll be one clear winner, but the runner-up is hard to predict!

mcmasterdonia:
It's a shame that you can't mention the nations in the poll answers themselves, would have been cool to see if it would get a response out of some of the older nations that are still hanging about.
It would be a neat feature, but doesn't making an rmb post about the poll and tagging all candidates perform the same function?

It would be tagging them twice then :) I think being mentioned in a poll would be more likely to grab my attention than an RMB post.

SillyString:
This one will be interesting - I think there'll be one clear winner, but the runner-up is hard to predict!
If it's not Wilks, I'm going to cry. :cry:

Thanks sooo much for voting for me. I am seriously surprised by the outcome. :tb2:

She'll have another chance! They all will.

Well, except for the 27 (soon to be 36) who have been eliminated. They'll have to wait for next year. :P

The first post and dispatch have been updated to reflect the upcoming quarter-finals. Polls begin again on September 1st, so start campaigning for your preferred candidate(s) now!

If I am relegated to sleeping on a couch or park bench because of this, I will never, ever, share my muffin recipe with you.

Well, you haven't yet, so I've kind of given up hope on that front.

I'm starting to think you don't even have a muffin recipe! :P

Also, the first Semi-Final ended in a tie, which was extremely unexpected!! Good show, McM and Raven! Fear not - I've got a PLAN for how to fix this.

In case anybody hasn't noticed, the finals are on! HMS Unicorn is up against the duo of Lord Ravenclaw and McMasterdonia. It's been an exciting match so far!

We congratulate HMS Unicorn at winning the support of the Boyscouts Union of the United States of America.

f984faa3dc.png
spoilered by SS too big screen stretchy

Obviously that guy wants to vote for r3n, so just subtract all of his alts except one, so his vote is heard and it's still fair.

CONGRATULATIONS MCMASTERDONIA AND LORD RAVENCLAW!!!

With an astonishing 70 votes, you have clawed, kicked, and otherwise forced your way to the top of the heap of former delegates. Well done! You can feel very proud of all the assorted bodies you have left scattered in your wake.

In honor of your achievement, I hereby bestow upon you both the title of King of The North Pacific.

KoTNP-big.png

And this smaller version, which you may each wear with pride (and without breaking signature limits!):

KoTNP-small.png

Honorable mention, of course, must go to r3naissanc3r, who had to face both of these competitors in the final round, instead of just one! He still managed to hold his own, though, and lost by a mere 3 votes in the last few minutes. Well played, r3n - you'll get 'em next year!

Three cheers for their majesties, the kings!

I don't suppose there's government help to clean the bodies up?

Back