-
-
Pronouns
he/him/his
TNP Nation
Siwale
Discord
siwale
I would like to suggest a color change to the RP Mods group since the colors currently used for RP Mods and Cabinet Deputies are quite similar. From the Board Statistics section of the main page, it is a challenge to tell these groups apart by just going off of color. I suggest switching to a more pronounced teal color (I don't know the hex code, sorry!).

Thank you!

I've run a quick JQuery in my browser to test out the color change with the standard HTML Teal color (#008080) and I personally think it looks quite nice, and doesn't conflict with other usergroup colors from what I see.

For reference, here's what teal RP mods looks like in the board statistics table:

61dfc10a436915ddea3bbc397c18de11.png

(Edit: Better picture with Cabinet Deputies included.)

If we're making color requests, Administrator and Foreign Envoy are a little tough to see in the Burnt Triangle theme, and Member is completely unreadable.

I don't really have any replacement suggestions, but if at least member could be adjusted to something more visible that would be great.

For reference, here's the color change in a couple other themes (most have a white or off-white background, so those were ignored except for the GoT one):

77937b70c00a2a904fc36b2c3d369c6e.png
3f3841e4c56767375bc2a45b7a8df6b4.png
d3e9180862472bb36d8996fa71d218a2.png

I mean, Cabinet Deputy could change instead...

St George:
I mean, Cabinet Deputy could change instead...
I think it would be better to leave Cabinet Deputy as a lighter shade of green, to match the pattern by other Deputy masks.

Altmoras:
If we're making color requests, Administrator and Foreign Envoy are a little tough to see in the Burnt Triangle theme, and Member is completely unreadable.

I don't really have any replacement suggestions, but if at least member could be adjusted to something more visible that would be great.
Since Burnt Triangle is such a different theme with regard to color (it has a black background, after all), it may be worth having at least some special colors for Burnt Triangle. For such a big change in one theme, though, I'd have to discuss it with other admins as well as the community at large here.

For admin, Dodger Blue may work. For Member, Medium Slate Blue may work. For Foreign Envoys, Slate Grey may work.

2d401ea725594121d55ad6b165d6a14c.png

Since RP Mods are known for their purpletext, can a purpley-blue be considered as well?

Example: Light Slate Blue
RolePlay Moderators

Note, I’m not comparing it to the Judicial colors, so if that particular example is too close, another shade will work as well.

Bootsie:
Since RP Mods are known for their purpletext, can a purpley-blue be considered as well?

Example: Light Slate Blue
RolePlay Moderators

Note, I’m not comparing it to the Judicial colors, so if that particular example is too close, another shade will work as well.
Light or medium slate blue could work. In that case, my suggestion to Altmoras above for Burnt Triangle could be switched: Teal for Members, slate blue or some variation for RP mods.

Darcania:
Altmoras:

Since Burnt Triangle is such a different theme with regard to color (it has a black background, after all), it may be worth having at least some special colors for Burnt Triangle. For such a big change in one theme, though, I'd have to discuss it with other admins as well as the community at large here.

For admin, Dodger Blue may work. For Member, Medium Slate Blue may work. For Foreign Envoys, Slate Grey may work.

2d401ea725594121d55ad6b165d6a14c.png
That would make my day. Burnt Triangle rn is such a catch 22 of using a dark theme to avoid eye strain and then having to strain your eyes to read names.

Crushing Our Enemies:
On my screen, the shade of teal in the first set of screenshots looks a lot like the color for cabinet.
What about for Bootsie's suggestion? Does that look better?

RolePlay Moderator
[class=cabinet]Cabinet[/class]

Edit: Since it's a purple-ish color, here it is compared to the purple masks:

RolePlay Moderator
[class=court_justice]Court Justice[/class]

RolePlay Moderator
[class=attorney_general]Attorney General[/class]

RolePlay Moderator
[class=deputy_attorney_general]Deputy A.G.[/class]

Darcania:
Crushing Our Enemies:
On my screen, the shade of teal in the first set of screenshots looks a lot like the color for cabinet.
What about for Bootsie's suggestion? Does that look better?

RolePlay Moderator
[class=cabinet]Cabinet[/class]
This would be a very nice change, actually.

Just FYI, I've implemented the color change for those who haven't noticed. Also, Altmoras, I've opened a private thread for admins to discuss changes to the darkest set of member colors exclusively for dark themes like Burnt Triangle, so expect less eye strain soon.

Back