Brainstorming Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egalotir

TNPer
Hello all, I am Egalotir. If you don't know me, I was previous Minister of FA couple years ago and heavily involved on the government side. Figured it wouldn't hurt to start up a brainstorming ideas or planning thread for helping bring the gameside and forum closer together. I'll list out my ideas below:

• Fun games
    Videogames(Outside of NS to play together)
    Fun polls and the like or theme weeks
    RMB RPs to run at certain times(more planning but I've seen people RP a lot and could easily involve countries)
    Hold events inviting forum peeps and RMB peeps to mingle and meet each other, kind of like an open house meet your gov event (Discord maybe?)

Anyway all I had for now off the top of my head. Figured this would be a good of a place as any to discuss ideas.

Thanks,
Egalotir

If we're doing introductions I'll just say I'm a former MoFA and former LRG. :P

Thanks for starting this!

I think your list code is broken but I like it. :P

My suggestions for games/events that we can begin are as follows:

• Cards Against NationStates. It's an easy game to play, we post on Discord that we're playing, we post on the RMB and away we go! Perhaps we could eventually schedule games and create some sort of rankings for it.
  • Challenge Game. Using the existing Challenge Game create our own rankings of nations in TNP that they can fight to climb onto the top of the leaderboard for.
  • Coup Game (tentative name). A game played on the RMB, you sign up for it and among the pool of competitors each day you are given a target you need to coup. You must post on the RMB each day. You coup a player by being the first person to post after they do on the RMB. Once couped you are eliminated. Each day the targets are re-rolled. Last one standing wins. Can create some standings for them and maybe even achievements?

I definitely like the idea of polls. I'm hoping to have one always running. I also like to make them what I consider fun. :P

Theme weeks would definitely be cool too. :D I can see doing activities with that. Got any initial ideas?

I'm not sure how a mingle event would go; the activity on the RMB can fluctuate and we may not always have people there that would wish to join Discord but definitely something to explore...

Just wanted to give a heads up that as new deputy of FA, I'm going to try to bring a lot of that transparency with what the FA is/does to the RMB as well, and welcome all advise/ideas to help that aspect out as well.

I've just told the nations on the RMB that I'm looking for ideas for games and activities the gameside and forum could participate in together. I told them to TG with ideas, so hopefully we'll have more ideas later today or tomorrow!

Okay, so far Lands of Anarchy (Mystery Player) suggested these games:

Board Game Online (very non-PG though, which I believe TNP dislikes)
Town of Salem (PG)
Secret Hitler (PG)
Radio Games (just do stuff through TNP Radio, giving it free publicity as well.)
Cards Against Humanity (obviously not PG either)
Tiny Tanks (PG)

I suggest (and Mystery Player agrees) that we have some sort of two side RP event where both RMB and Forum RP join and have their own RP. Working out the details of this would be a hassle, but I think it would be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back