Manumission Day: Democracy Returns!

SillyString

TNPer
-
-
manumission_day_6.png

HAPPY MANUMISSION DAY EVERYONE!!! :winner:

A big huge thank you to Plembobria, Pallaith, Bootsie, Mystery Player, Goyanes, and Eluvatar for taking named roles! And thank you as well to everyone who joined in on the fun on the RMB! I think it was a blast.

For anybody worried about the few banjections that did happen, rest assured - every nation banned first committed the terrible, horrible, gut-wrenching crime of adspam. :shock: :horror:

There were, of course, some historical inaccuracies in the retelling, and I'm sure those will come up in the Memoirs thread. Or here. Wherever y'all want to rub it in. :P I will do my best to incorporate corrections into next year's event!

Now let's all celebrate our freedom!

:ph43r:

There were, of course, some historical inaccuracies in the retelling, and I'm sure those will come up in the Memoirs thread. Or here. Wherever y'all want to rub it in. :P
On the RMB, Ivan said that his current flag was actually that of the NPD (rather than the olden TNP flag that flew over the region during the re-enactment). When I asked him why (again, on the RMB), he said that "I wasn't asked".

I will do my best to incorporate corrections into next year's event!
So what you're trying to say is that the re-enactment will return for Manumission Day 2018, or are we mostly dealing in unknowns here?

Tinhampton:
There were, of course, some historical inaccuracies in the retelling, and I'm sure those will come up in the Memoirs thread. Or here. Wherever y'all want to rub it in. :P
On the RMB, Ivan said that his current flag was actually that of the NPD (rather than the olden TNP flag that flew over the region during the re-enactment). When I asked him why (again, on the RMB), he said that "I wasn't asked".

I will do my best to incorporate corrections into next year's event!
So what you're trying to say is that the re-enactment will return for Manumission Day 2018, or are we mostly dealing in unknowns here?
The intent is for it to be a recurring event as much as possible, since we'll always have a delegacy election in May as well.

I haven't yet figured out how to handle it on years the incumbent stays in office, though. :P

As for the flag, I apparently got some bad info. I was told the flag of the NPD was the old TNP flag. THANKS ELU. <_<

My bad, I based my understanding on the flag I saw on the NPD's forum... after it was turned into an archive. It made sense to me because the text I read indicated the NPD sought to claim continuity with the past.

Back