-
Pronouns
He/Him/His
TNP Nation
Kaschovia
Discord
kaschovia
REPOST!

I intend for this article, which I wrote for the last issue, to be included in the next one. It'd be appreciated if the current staff could offer their advice and edits on this one, despite how long ago it was drafted.

In this article, I'll be sharing some of my thoughts on the term 'endotarting', how much it has impacted me as a player, why it is such an important term, and how many communities have been shaped around it, the North Pacific being a brilliant example.

For many people in the North Pacific, this term is of increasing relevance to the World Assembly scene. It's the backbone of the World Assembly and the main factor for most resolution success. The reason for this, in short, would be that the more endorsements a regional Delegate has, the larger portion the Delegate has over the total vote.

To begin, I must first explain what endorsing actually is. The basic definition is 'the act of clicking the 'Endorse ' button at the base of a WA nation's home page, given that the endorsee is in the same region as the endorser.
  • The endorser must be in the WA.
  • The endorsee must be in the WA.
  • The endorser and the endorsee must both be in the same region.
Now that the term has been defined & explained, I'll express why and how it has vastly impacted my NS experiences. Upon my founding in the North Pacific, I learned quickly how a few endorsements could shift a vote in the World Assembly and how influence oiled the engines of security for all regions. Over the first few days in the North Pacific, I endorsed almost every single WA nation there was, give or take a few. This was a massive accomplishment for me. I was able to gain 460 endorsements at my peak, in only 40 days. I thought I'd soar into the top 10 most endorsed nations within that week, but little did I know how one thing could change all that.

I knew how interesting the raiding and defending aspects of gameplay were, so when I eventually joined the forum and learnt of the NPA, I knew it'd be worth the shot; and it was on my first operation, that I realized my WA nation would inevitably be stripped of its glorious WA Status, leaving me as I'd began in NS: no endorsements, nothing to feel special about, and in such a peculiar way - a sense of refreshment.

I wouldn't rejoin the WA properly for another 8 months. I had temporarily rejoined when I wasn't on operations with the NPA, but not with any commitment. In my
WA endorsements graph, there are bumps of activity between the two dates of proper WA activity, it is obvious that rejoining was never a serious thing over that time. Since then, my various methods of endotarting (of which some will be detailed later on in the article), have drastically changed from the brute force, all-nighter endosprints to the systematic, alphabetical and efficient.

Endotarting has a huge impact on all nations, regardless of WA status. Resolutions in the World Assembly directly influence WA nations, and can even change national classifications depending on the resolution. In NationStates, a vast majority of the top 50 most endorsed nations are from the North Pacific. Rogue Delegates have a harder time ejecting/banning otherwise innocent nations, meaning that potential coupers will always find it much harder to damage a region if most of the nations have high endorsement counts.

The effects on security and regional stability are hugely present with endotarting, and the two go hand in hand when it comes to raiding. It is easier to destroy a region if the WA isn't prominent. The more endorsed WA nations, the less chance of being raided - and vice versa. Regions with low influence and endorsement counts are targets for raiders because it's easier for them to kick/ban nations, as less influence is required.

But how does endotarting shape an entire community, don't players do that? Well, it's a bit of both. For this section, one of the best examples known to NationStates is the World Assembly Development Program in the North Pacific. Originally developed by former WA Delegate r3naissanc3r (HMS Unicorn) over 2 years ago, the program has massively increased WA activity and endorsement levels within the North Pacific. Without the World Assembly Development Program, the top 50 most endorsed nations would be completely different to what it is today. This is the same for other regions, where development programs similar to TNP's have been used. Many communities are shaped by their preference to high WA activity levels.

Now that the wider reach on NationStates and the communities in particular have been discussed, I'd like to explain some of the endotarting methods that I've used over the months and how they have changed and been adapted to my style of gameplay.

The first one was relatively straightforward - find a WA nation, scroll down, endorse them and click on a nation who has already endorsed them. Repeat the process until complete. This let me endorse about 60 - 80 people an hour if I tried. My second method was used when I downloaded NS++, I'd go to the endorsement page, open about 25 tabs with WA nations in them and endorse them all consecutively. This allowed for about 100 more endorsements per hour, and this was eventually how I would endorse people. The third method involved my discovery of the endotarting resources on the forums, namely: Endorse the North Pacific and Endotarting Queries.

And with that, I conclude my article on the perspectives I have on endotarting, regional security and the WA in general. I hope you've enjoyed reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it!
edit 1: 'TNP Admin' changed to 'former WA Delegate'.'>' Though to truly get a grasp of endorsement, and the parameters around it, the golden rules must be understood.
  • The endorser must be in the WA.
  • The endorsee must be in the WA.
  • The endorser and the endorsee must both be in the same region.
Now that the term has been defined & explained, I'll express why and how it has vastly impacted my NS experiences. Upon my founding in the North Pacific, I learned quickly how a few endorsements could shift a vote in the World Assembly and how influence oiled the engines of security for all regions. Over the first few days in the North Pacific, I endorsed almost every single WA nation there was, give or take a few. This was a massive accomplishment for me. I was able to gain 460 endorsements at my peak, in only 40 days. I thought I'd soar into the top 10 most endorsed nations within that week, but little did I know how one thing could change all that.

I knew how interesting the raiding and defending aspects of gameplay were, so when I eventually joined the forum and learnt of the NPA, I knew it'd be worth the shot; and it was on my first operation, that I realized my WA nation would inevitably be stripped of its glorious WA Status, leaving me as I'd began in NS: no endorsements, nothing to feel special about, and in such a peculiar way - a sense of refreshment.

I wouldn't rejoin the WA properly for another 8 months. I had temporarily rejoined when I wasn't on operations with the NPA, but not with any commitment. In my WA endorsements graph, there are bumps of activity between the two dates of proper WA activity, it is obvious that rejoining was never a serious thing over that time. Since then, my various methods of endotarting (of which some will be detailed later on in the article), have drastically changed from the brute force, all-nighter endosprints to the systematic, alphabetical and efficient.

Endotarting has a huge impact on all nations, regardless of WA status. Resolutions in the World Assembly directly influence WA nations, and can even change national classifications depending on the resolution. In NationStates, a vast majority of the top 50 most endorsed nations are from the North Pacific. Rogue Delegates have a harder time ejecting/banning otherwise innocent nations, meaning that potential coupers will always find it much harder to damage a region if most of the nations have high endorsement counts.

The effects on security and regional stability are hugely present with endotarting, and the two go hand in hand when it comes to raiding. It is easier to destroy a region if the WA isn't prominent. The more endorsed WA nations, the less chance of being raided - and vice versa. Regions with low influence and endorsement counts are targets for raiders because it's easier for them to kick/ban nations, as less influence is required.

But how does endotarting shape an entire community, don't players do that? Well, it's a bit of both. For this section, one of the best examples known to NationStates is the World Assembly Development Program in the North Pacific. Originally developed by former WA Delegate r3naissanc3r (HMS Unicorn) over 2 years ago, the program has massively increased WA activity and endorsement levels within the North Pacific. Without the World Assembly Development Program, the top 50 most endorsed nations would be completely different to what it is today. This is the same for other regions, where development programs similar to TNP's have been used. Many communities are shaped by their preference to high WA activity levels.

Now that the wider reach on NationStates and the communities in particular have been discussed, I'd like to explain some of the endotarting methods that I've used over the months and how they have changed and been adapted to my style of gameplay.

The first one was relatively straightforward - find a WA nation, scroll down, endorse them and click on a nation who has already endorsed them. Repeat the process until complete. This let me endorse about 60 - 80 people an hour if I tried. My second method was used when I downloaded NS++, I'd go to the endorsement page, open about 25 tabs with WA nations in them and endorse them all consecutively. This allowed for about 100 more endorsements per hour, and this was eventually how I would endorse people. The third method involved my discovery of the endotarting resources on the forums, namely: Endorse the North Pacific and Endotarting Queries.

And with that, I conclude my article on the perspectives I have on endotarting, regional security and the WA in general. I hope you've enjoyed reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it!
edit 1: 'TNP Admin' changed to 'former WA Delegate'.

He may be an admin now, but r3n was Delegate when this program was added, and should be noted as such. Admin is not a political role and should never be used to describe someone.

Lord Ravenclaw:
He may be an admin now, but r3n was Delegate when this program was added, and should be noted as such. Admin is not a political role and should never be used to describe someone.
Thanks for the feedback, Raven. I'll edit accordingly.

Back