Trivia Workshop

Tomb

TNPer
Greetings all,

First of all, I do apologize for the delay in getting this out and running. NS and RL have been very hectic for me as of late, and I just needed sometime away from the game (not completely away, as I'm still processing citizenship applications and monitoring SC situations), but I just needed a small break to think over some future decisions. Everything's well now, and we're going to start this project.

Back on topic. Previously, the Security Council used to hold contest events in the form of trivia competitions. The trivia subjects were random -- but they were restricted in that the answer to the question had to be obtained from the forums. Unfortunately, the SC is not in shape to lead such an effort again. Despite the fact that all Security Councillors are currently ranked in the top 10 most endorsed nations ranking (yes, we successfully achieved that goal), the majority of the members are still not available enough (on a daily) to spearhead this project. Fortunately, the RMB Guardians (you guys), are active and usually online. Just like the SCers, most of you are experienced long time members of our region, and for the newer members among you, you're just as knowledgeable of our region. And so I think this organization is more than fit to handle and spearhead the reintroduction of our Trivia program.

Now, I'd like to go over how the program works. At first, we would basically browse the forums and come up with questions from threads that are easy to find and view. For example, as we start off this project, we'll be avoiding the archives. We will eventually start getting our questions from there, but do remember that the goal of this is to get people to join the forums and apply for citizenship (for greater viewing permissions). So we have to take it easy and slow at first. Questions should be straightforward and the answers need to be short (preferably a few words to a phrase at most). The answers should be fairly easy to find once you locate the actual thread in question. My aim is to put out questions trivia questions twice a day. Questions would either be 1 or 2 pointers depending on the difficulty. Now, in order for an answer to count, the answering nation MUST ping a designated RMB Guardian by mentioning them in their post. The first person to successfully answer the question and ping the designated RMB Guardian wins that point. The Designated RMB Guardian (preferably 2 Guardians, actually) need to be active with the ability to access the NS website several times a day. (You don't need to constantly reload the page -- just check on it every couple of house).

Having all that said, we need to get started. The majority of you will be involved in the question writing part of this program as we come up with and refine questions, however, I will need someone to please create and design a dispatch for this program. The dispatch should outline how the trivia questions work, go over point value, explain how an answer is to be submitted, and have a small chart or table to rank members (so it's easy to see who is in first, second, third, etc). If you're good with NS coding, and you'd like to take charge of creating the dispatch for us, please post so below.

For the rest of you guys (and myself included), we need to brainstorm some questions. Just some general tips as you write up and submit questions:

- Make sure to avoid the archives for the time being. We'll slowly expand there, but we're just restarting the program, so try to get most of your content from Magicality City and Port Thel.
- Don't make the questions obvious. Instead of asking, who won the race for Attorney General in the March Judicial Elections, ask who were the candidates for Attorney General in the Re-opened March 2017 Judicial Elections. One can argue that my revised version of the question could still be considered as overly easy, but it will do.
- At the same time, your answer should be straightforward. Don't ask for a list of every single candidate in the Judicial Election and the respective office they were seeking. That doesn't mean the question can't be challenging. It only means your answer needs to be straightforward and simple.
- I really don't want to put any more standard on this. We need to have fun coming up with these questions, and we need to have even more fun watching the RMB try to answer these questions.

Take the next 2 days to brainstorm and submit questions. Your questions don't need to be submitted as one post -- you can post them as you come up with them. And guys, they don't have to be perfect. That's what the brainstorming stage is for -- we just need to put ideas on paper. Let's get to work, team!

Question: Who is the current Chief Justice?

Answer: Crushing Our Enemies

Difficulty: 1

Question: What is the name of the forum that you can apply for citizenship in?

Answer: The Docks

Question: How many checks must an applicant go through before being granted citizenship?

Answer: 3 (Speaker, Vice Delegate, and Administrator)

Difficulty: 2

Question: The Temple Court area is located in which subforum?

Answer: The Agora

Difficulty: 1.

Question: In which subforum are Oaths of Office posted?

Answer: The Agora

Question: What term is the incumbent Attorney General (Darcania) in?

Answer: 2nd term

Difficulty: 2

Question: Which of the current Security Councillors joined the forums the latest, excluding the Vice Delegate and when did they join?

Answer: Bootsie, who joined on October 7, 2013.

Difficulty: 3

Kasch:
Question: Which of the current Security Councillors joined the forums the latest, excluding the Vice Delegate and when did they join?

Answer: Bootsie, who joined on October 7, 2013.

Difficulty: 3
This is good, except that guests are unable to view the Security Council Forum.

Question: How many executive staffs are there?

Answer: 5

So far so good with the questions, guys. Anyone interested in writing up the dispatch? Alternatively, you could try to locate and find the old Trivia dispatch (the one used by the SC) and just use and update the code for that dispatch.

Question: What is typically considered to be a seperate branch of Government from the Legislative, Executive, and Judicial branches?

Answer: The Security Council.

Tomb:
So far so good with the questions, guys. Anyone interested in writing up the dispatch? Alternatively, you could try to locate and find the old Trivia dispatch (the one used by the SC) and just use and update the code for that dispatch.
I'd be willing to. I think it might be best to find the old dispatch. I could also post it whenever needed.

Question: Where is the Admin Requests Subforum located?

Answer: The Forum Operations Subform

Question: Who moderates the The North Pacific University Subforum?

Answer: The Delegate and the Cabinet.

Back