-
Deputy Speaker
-
-
-
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
"Is anyone there? Anyone? Can anyone hear this?"

The voice that echoes over the tannoy system sounds tired. To be fair, when you're the only member of the Toliman delegation to the International Association of Nations actually present at the increasingly empty IAN headquarters, you'd be tired as well. There was so much to do - despite nothing actually happening. The aide had a sneaking suspicion that she was being punished for some slight against one of her superiors, but she hung in there anyway.

And hey, at least she had the expenses account to pay for drinks - and it was still large enough to accomodate the full delegation.

"So uh... about this IAN thing? I'm not really sure its working." She carried on speaking over the tannoy, wondering when security would get there. She had locked the door just in case but from the camera monitors she couldn't really see any reaction other than to stop and listen.

"There... ah... doesn't seem to be anything going on. I mean aside from some weirdness by the Scallendovians or whatever. And we all knew they were weird anyway."

The aide was starting to regret doing this but pushed on anyway. "So uh... I guess what I'm trying to say is like... do something. Anything. Y'all are just sitting around, twiddling your thumbs - or at least I hope they're your thumbs. I'm sure they are, although keep an eye on the ambassador from Goyannes, they're kinda creepy." She paused. "Uh, ignore that last part. Anyway, do something. I'm bored."

The Cogorian delegate upon hearing the announcement completely misunderstood as his appointed translator was rather unfortunately indisposed in the lavatory. Sprinting back to his office he threw open his briefcase and retrieved his package, before hurrying back out of the building. Turning to the façade of the structure, he rubbed his hands on his trousers and gripped the package between his teeth. With a grim determination he set about climbing the building. Visions of himself planting the red banner upon the summit driving him onwards.

Back