abc

Duck
TNP Nation
ABC
Discord
abc#8265
Spam? Why not?

Do you average 4 posts or more a day?
Would you consider yourself to be annoying or very talkative?
Is your budget $0 or under?

Then you need Mini Spamwars.
Simply register and join in on the fun on a special discord server. The competition will start with a random post and all posts after that must be on topic or else you'll be disqualified.

Starts: 3/25/2017 10 PM EST
Ends: 3/26/2017 10 PM EST
minispammer2017.png

almostthere_2017.png
x_D2017.png
Registration is no longer required. Join the server at this link: https://discord.gg/FkPWd83.

We need mods! Anyone volounteering to help count the number of posts or find a different way to count the posts by each contestant please send me a PM.
I appreciate and support the thought of a Mini-Spamwars, and what it might entail, but it's going to be incredibly difficult to count exactly how many posts someone makes on Discord within a particular server, unless the server tracks that. I don't know whether this can even be done. If there is a way to do so, then perfect, go ahead. Unless you're willing to count everyone's posts on your own, I genuinely can't see many people volunteering their time to count posts. I wouldn't count on Moderators, or anyone of a similar capacity, to help with this when there are much more important issues on Discord and elsewhere.

This could have been planned and fleshed out much more. I really don't see a need for a 'mini-spamwars', and I don't believe many others will, but I'm simply offering my opinion. There will be challenges like this in the normal Spamwars, but definitely not on Discord (where thousands of regular posts are made anyway).

I have a few questions, because I feel like you may be going for something entirely different to what I am thinking - Firstly, why Discord in the first place? The forums would have been so much more convenient because it actually documents how many posts someone has at one particular time, so the post difference between dates can be easily calculated.

Secondly, what do you aim to achieve with this? There can't just be three awards in it for the participants. Why should people take part in this?

And finally, why did you have to call it the Mini-Spamwars? What about this makes it so similar to the Spamwar I started? Mine lasts for a year, I don't know how long yours does. Mine is on the forums, yours is on Discord. There are too many distinguishable differences for this to be named a miniature copy of the normal Spamwars. I think with the right amount of re-planning and correction, this could be very good to work on and produce. But right now? Not so much.

Kasch:
We need mods! Anyone volounteering to help count the number of posts or find a different way to count the posts by each contestant please send me a PM.
I appreciate and support the thought of a Mini-Spamwars, and what it might entail, but it's going to be incredibly difficult to count exactly how many posts someone makes on Discord within a particular server, unless the server tracks that. I don't know whether this can even be done. If there is a way to do so, then perfect, go ahead. Unless you're willing to count everyone's posts on your own, I genuinely can't see many people volunteering their time to count posts. I wouldn't count on Moderators, or anyone of a similar capacity, to help with this when there are much more important issues on Discord and elsewhere.

This could have been planned and fleshed out much more. I really don't see a need for a 'mini-spamwars', and I don't believe many others will, but I'm simply offering my opinion. There will be challenges like this in the normal Spamwars, but definitely not on Discord (where thousands of regular posts are made anyway).

I have a few questions, because I feel like you may be going for something entirely different to what I am thinking - Firstly, why Discord in the first place? The forums would have been so much more convenient because it actually documents how many posts someone has at one particular time, so the post difference between dates can be easily calculated.

Secondly, what do you aim to achieve with this? There can't just be three awards in it for the participants. Why should people take part in this?

And finally, why did you have to call it the Mini-Spamwars? What about this makes it so similar to the Spamwar I started? Mine lasts for a year, I don't know how long yours does. Mine is on the forums, yours is on Discord. There are too many distinguishable differences for this to be named a miniature copy of the normal Spamwars. I think with the right amount of re-planning and correction, this could be very good to work on and produce. But right now? Not so much.
Do you recommend anything? I'm currently looking for a bot to do the counting.

abc:
Kasch:

Do you recommend anything? I'm currently looking for a bot to do the counting.
A bot might be able to do it, although I'm not completely sure.

How would this work on Discord? On the forums, there are various spam games available that allow for players to spam in an orderly fashion while interacting and competing with each other...I don't see that same environment on Discord's "#the-sewers" channel.

I hope any spamwars will happen away from magicality grand plaza, regional assembly private and the Agora.

How would you ensure this?

Lord Emmanuel:
ABC are you going to create your own server or normal TNP own?

Once again, directly from the OP:
abc:
...on a special discord server.

Also, ABC, I do have a bot that is capable of counting up the messages from users.

Darcania:
Lord Emmanuel:
ABC are you going to create your own server or normal TNP own?

Once again, directly from the OP:
abc:
...on a special discord server.

Also, ABC, I do have a bot that is capable of counting up the messages from users.
If you don't mind, could you tell me what it is? That would be vey useful.

abc:
If you don't mind, could you tell me what it is? That would be very useful.
It's an instance of Red, and it's the same kind of bot that Raven has for Melysande (though my bot is a separate instance, so it has no other affiliation with Melysande or Raven).

It can be used for all sorts of stuff, and since I can program it on my own, it's pretty easy to make a command to count all messages from different users and show them all (in fact, it's a single line of code; I've already programmed it).

It seems there was a way, and I have absolutely no understanding of how bots on Discord work. By all means, I encourage you to go ahead with this if the bot can do it's job.

Darcania:
abc:
If you don't mind, could you tell me what it is? That would be very useful.
It's an instance of Red, and it's the same kind of bot that Raven has for Melysande (though my bot is a separate instance, so it has no other affiliation with Melysande or Raven).

It can be used for all sorts of stuff, and since I can program it on my own, it's pretty easy to make a command to count all messages from different users and show them all (in fact, it's a single line of code; I've already programmed it).
That's great! If I give you admin permissions on the server, can you add the bot?

abc:
That's great! If I give you admin permissions on the server, can you add the bot?
Technically all I need is the "Manage Server" permission to add the bot, but I can help admin too if you want.

Darcania:
abc:
Technically all I need is the "Manage Server" permission to add the bot, but I can help admin too if you want.
I'll give you admin anyway - I'm going to send you a PM with an invite link.

Now that the technical details of how this works are settled, registration is welcomed!

This is being rescheduled to next week at the same time to allow more people to be involved and because this is such a busy campaigning time.

This is the last rescheduling of this event to next Saturday. You will have until that time to join.

Back