The Sangatha

Szubrov turned his attention from Thassad to the Nirish representative, and feigned a smile as he rolled his sleeves back down.

"Would I describe my home as stable? I believe I have addressed this already, but allowing me to reiterate. There will be bumps in road with the changes we hope to enact, but this is to be expected. This does not mean we are unstable, or unable to care for ourselves. Even if I walk away from this table with only bad news, the Yamanta people will fight to regain home we once knew, and make even better. To address second part of question, how can I ensure that it stays stable? With programs we will be putting in place, and the restructuring of economic and social landscape, I believe true, lasting stability will follow, but I will not force on my people anything that may threaten that peace. I am sure you are familiar with old saying about horses and water."

"Ang Haring Ganatrang Kalatogan…ay bumobotong AYE para I-Accept ang People's Republic ng Yamantau bilang miyembro ng Commonwealth."

"Das ist Präsident Thassad für Sie.." The old man murmured as he sat down. That will do for a competent reconsideration. At least according to Dasharatha who happened to have foreseen an event in favor of Yamantau. They even prepared speeches for Thassad.

But Thassad threw them over to Dalangin...or the Skandan from Sampratiputra. Whichever. They kinda look the same. Kinda... Or Thassad is just getting old. He is... Is he? Isn't he already old...?

Whoever that is, he...she...probably he, stood up to begin reading the speech.

"The Lawstoner Republic has been consistent in its commitment to never cooperate, support, or be complicit in the activities of any regime that has committed or justifies a system that condones human rights abuses and acts against humanity. Our initial decision to withhold our vote is not a sign of disapproval towards this esteemed organization, but to the lack of any fulfilling consensus and thorough discussion to fully recognize the tyranny that is the Svrtan dictatorship."

The Skandan, or Dalangin, paused to take a quick draw of breath. "It is inaction that contributes most to the benefit and survival of many such tyrants. It is our lack of a unified voice that leads to the rise of the dictators of tomorrow. We must not hesitate. We must not be afraid. Everyone can make a difference but the power to make differences that could change the world belongs to us. It is our prerogative, as a commonwealth of free nations, therefore our responsibility to make a stand."

"If this Commonwealth stands for anything, it stands for its civilized nations with great long histories and a common heritage that unites and brings us all here as one. We cannot allow ourselves to completely indulge in the safety and tranquility we all enjoy, lest we forget the values and lessons we have learned as citizens of great and noble nations. If the Commonwealth is to exist for a thousand years, then it better stay true to its founding principles of action through peace and non-violence."

The Skandan, or Dalangin, returned his, or her chair. Which chair does she, or he, sit on?

Thassad was listening when... Was he even listening? What was he listening to...? Before he forgets, he looks at Skandan Calunod.

"Ikaw ba si Dalangin?" Thassad asked.

The Skandan, or Dalangin, or Calunod, shook his head. "Nein."

OOC:
"Das ist Präsident Thassad für Sie"
That is President Thassad for you.

"Ikaw ba si Dalangin?"
Are you Dalangin?

Last edited:
“I would like to commend the Yamanta premier, for coming here personally, and I also wish to congratulate him for his victory. I believe that under him, Yamantau will have good times ahead of it. Without further ado, the Most Serene State of Predice Votes <AYE> on the inclusion of Yamantau in the Commonwealth”

Roshni looked around the room as the votes came in, and then shuffled some papers. "We have seven ayes, two nays, and one abstention. The motion is therefore carried."

"By the power vested in me as Secretary-General, I welcome the People's Republic of Yamantau back to the Commonwealth!"

Szubrov smiled as he heard the announcement, hopefully this would be the first major step towards a better Yamantau.

"I thank the council for time and consideration. This is momentous day for Yamantau. Peace be upon you all."

Given the shared history of the Empire and Knightley at the trading territory of Castle Rock, this City State finds it right and proper to petition the Syrixian Empire for membership in the Commonwealth.

Imber Barak stood.

"It is with a degree of trepidation, yet full confidence in the will of the people of Iraelia, that I must render the State of Iraelia's resignation from this body. We will always treasure the fabric that binds out people to all of yours, and the traditions that we share. It is our hope that we can strengthen our bonds between all of you, not through pro-active assertion of the Commonwealth, but through mutually understanding each other as sovereign states.
It has been an honour to represent Iraelia, and to even have temporarily have led this alliance."

Back