-
-
Pronouns
He/Him/His
TNP Nation
Kaschovia
Discord
kaschovia
Kasch: As part of our new segment for the Northern Lights, I'd like to introduce: The Spotlight! A monthly interview with a special guest from the North Pacific! This week, we have a former Delegate and current Vice Delegate: Tomb! Welcome to the Spotlight, it's great to have you here with me for this interview.

Tomb: Hi Kasch, Thank you for having me!

Kasch: No problem! To begin, with some of the elections behind us, and the term only just starting, what was your favourite moment of last term, and why?

Tomb: Great question. As you know, I was Minister of Home Affairs for most of last term. When I received the Ministry of Home Affairs, it was in a less than desirable condition. Recruitment was being done by 1-2 people, there was no functioning executive staff, and inactivity was prevalent. Under my leadership and with Delegate Plembobria's vision for the Ministry, we were able to turn it around to become one of the most active government ministries. Today, the Ministry of Home Affairs stands strongly with a large, active Executive Staff, an active recruitment branch, a new and improved mentoring program, and all in all, I am proud and happy that we were able to turn it around.

Tomb: It is not a "moment" by any means as it took months of work, but the final product -- what the Ministry of Home Affairs has come to be -- would easily be my favorite.

Kasch: Home Affairs truly needed someone like you on board, you lifted the Ministry back onto its feet! Onto the next question: In the General Elections, you ran for VD and won. How does it feel to be VD, and are you looking forward to working with Plembobria over the next four months?

Tomb: It feels good, as you know, it is an honor to be elected as Vice Delegate of TNP. With it of course comes a heavy sense of responsibility, not only in achieving my goals for the office, but also in the fact that as Vice Delegate, you're one heat beat away from the Delegacy, and so you're always on your feet. With regards to Delegate Plembobria, I am looking forward to working with him 100%. I think he did a great job last term, and I think he'll do just as fine this term.

Kasch: And with the elections, come the cabinet appointments! So, how do you feel about the most recently selected cabinet, and what effect do you think it will have on TNP this term?

Tomb: I personally could not have assembled a more well put together cabinet than what we have right now. If you look at every cabinet position and its holder – from Scorch (Minister of Home Affairs) to Bootsie (Minister of Foreign Affairs), you will find that these Ministers not only have the experience necessary to assume their positions, but they also have a never-ending drive to serve the region. These are the sort of people who go up and beyond expectations. So I really think that with this cabinet, we're set for an excellent term.

Kasch: It must be reassuring knowing that you have such a cabinet! Now, concerning the Security Council, what are your aims and objectives for the council over this term, and how do you plan to achieve them? Feel free to refer to your campaign, I'm sure the readers would like to see a full answer.

Tomb: My primary and most important goal for the Security Council (SC) is to raise the endorsement levels of its members to match the recent increase in the Delegate's endorsement count. As you know, in our region's current context, it makes no sense for a Security Councilor to have 600 endorsements while the Delegate has 1,300. To get to the desired range of 900-1,000 endorsements, the SC will obviously have to endotart and maintain a greater presence on the RMB. I personally have multiple events planned, including theme weeks and an AMA, that are all aimed at increasing the SC's endorsement levels. This will not be a light project, and it will require an effort from everyone – not just SC members and WA nations. So there is a lot of work to do. Fortunately, we have plenty of time to do it, and TNP's security is more than worth it.

Kasch: The future of the SC looks promising! How much of an impact do you think the World Assembly Develoent Program has had on The North Pacific and its WAD/VD positions?

Tomb: The World Assembly Develoent Program (WADP) is an excellent program, and it is actually part of the reason that TNP has the high amount of endorsements that we do. While other regions restrict the amount of endorsements you may have, TNP encourages and awards endorsing other nations in the region. This keeps our community safe, making it almost impossible for one to coup, due to the distribution of endorsements and influence. It also allows for the game to be more enjoyable for nations who like to stick to the game-side aspects of NationStates as they get to endotart.

Kasch: Now, looking to the future of the North Pacific, what do you think 2017 holds for the region and why?

Tomb: I am definitely optimistic. We're starting this year with an active, large citizenry. All of our government institutions (from our Courts to the North Pacific Army) are up and running. Our RMB and forum are both bustling with activity. Our challenge is to keep this up in the months to come. And I think this is a challenge that we're up for.

Kasch: Okay, so now that we have the future out of the way, I must ask since I haven't been around for as long as you have, if you could return to any one point in your history on NationStates, what would that point be and why?

Tomb: Oooh, that's a hard question. You know, I've made some really good friends throughout my time in TNP, at the same time, I've unfortunately lost some of them to inactivity over the years. Similarly, I've had some good memories holding public office and some not so good ones. That's the beauty of life, it's a roller coaster. If I had to pick one point, it would be right here and right now. There is no time better than the present. Our actions and contributions right now impact the future of our region tomorrow.

Kasch: Nice answer! As VD now, how important do you see the next four months in terms of building TNP and maintaining our level of efficiency and success?

Tomb: It is of utmost importance that we continue building up TNP and its various institutions over the next 4 months. While the summer slumber (the time period around summertime in which activity all around NS generally plummets) is still some time away, we need to prepare for it. We can do that by actively recruiting right now, by retaining the new members we recruit through the activities, events, and opportunities we offer, and by working with a purpose in mind. As I said before, I am optimistic about the region's future in the months to come, but the region can only move forward and improve if everyone's contributing. As long as we can keep that up, I think we're in a good position moving forward.

Kasch: All sounds good! Now, for more of a different question, if you could change one thing about TNP, what would it be and why?

Tomb: There is not anything major that I really want changed right now. Perhaps, I would recommend that Ministers be more involved on the RMB. We also need to keep focusing on continuing our integration and retention programs in the weeks and months to come. A pause or hiatus in recruitment or mentoring will have a direct effect on our region's activity levels. But aside from that, as they say, if it is not broken, there is no reason to fix it.

Kasch: Okay, time for a fun question, who do you think will win the Spamwar this year?

Tomb: me :P I have my bets on either you or FTH.

Kasch: Me! I don't spam at all! Jokes aside, out of all the things to have happened so far this term, what has been your favourite?

Tomb: Well, aside from my election :P , I am very happy that the Ministry of Communications started a live broadcasting program called the Northern Broadcasting Service (NBS). I think this is an excellent program, it has a lot of potential, and I am really looking forward to it expanding in the weeks to come.

Kasch: Are you only saying that because I started the program? :P

Tomb: You know, I am biased towards you, but in all honestly, I really think it's a great program. It gives the Ministry of Communications a new purpose, and it opens up a whole new way of communication for our region.

Kasch: Now for the final question of the interview, if you could interview one member from our community, past or present, who would that be and why?

Tomb: It would have to be IndieGirl. IndieGirl most recently rejoined TNP during the two months I was on break from NS, and so I never got to meet her. I'm a huge fan of her, especially her spamming, and so she would be my choice.

Kasch: I've had the honor of interviewing IndieGirl when I was a few months into my time here, it was one of the best moments in my NS Career, and I still have the whole thing saved on my computer. I think that wraps everything up, it was great having you on The Spotlight for this interview, and I wish you the best of luck over next term!

Tomb: Thank you so much for taking the time to interview me today, Kasch. Being the first interviewee of The Spotlight is an honor. Thank you again for having me.

Second to last message from Tomb:
Tomb:
(...)so I never got to meet her. I a huge fan of her, especially her spamming, and so she would be my choice.

Wouldn't want our VD to appear bad at typing. :)

Frozentophat:
Second to last message from Tomb:
Tomb:
(...)so I never got to meet her. I a huge fan of her, especially her spamming, and so she would be my choice.

Wouldn't want our VD to appear bad at typing. :)
It was an obvious mistake, I'll edit it. Thanks for pointing it out, FTH.

Back