[DRAFT] Liberate United Defenders League

Pallaith

TNPer
-
-
-
-
Below is Sil Dorsett's draft recommendation, it is subject to change. In the interest of advancing this with the aim of getting a recommendation out to the voters by tomorrow evening, I'm setting up the thread.

Although this resolution may appear to be in the best interest of the United Defenders League, we must pay attention to the smallest details, which reveals that this is yet another proposal attempting to covertly glorify The Invaders for their villainous behavior. In recent times, we have witnessed The Invaders attempting to use Security Council resolutions as a way to exult themselves and relish in their accomplishments. In doing so, The Invaders continue to obstruct the Security Council and prevent it from acting upon real issues requiring its attention. This resolution is no different.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs encourages a vote against this resolution.

The fact that it's a fake, misleading proposal (wrong region, as discussed on Discord) isn't mentioned in this draft when, imo, it should be.

Darcania:
The fact that it's a fake, misleading proposal (wrong region, as discussed on Discord) isn't mentioned in this draft when, imo, it should be.
It will be, Sil clearly intended to edit the draft, but all I have is the first version.

Here's my 2nd draft that includes Darcania's concern.

Although this resolution may appear to be in the best interest of the United Defenders League, we must pay attention to the smallest details, which reveals that this is yet another proposal attempting to covertly glorify The Invaders for their villainous behavior. Even worse is the fact that this so-called liberation involves a fake region they founded themselves. The true region, "The United Defenders League", was never taken over. In recent times, we have witnessed The Invaders attempting to use Security Council resolutions as a way to exult themselves and relish in their accomplishments. In doing so, The Invaders continue to obstruct the Security Council and prevent it from acting upon real issues requiring its attention. This resolution is no different.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs encourages a vote against this resolution.

I like the changes that Sil made. As a minor grammatical point, I would put a dash for "so-called".

It looks good. It doesn't point out that it spells "INVADER" backward, but that's not really necessary for a MoWA recommendation. The other points are plenty.

I will make Ash's edit, along with my own, changing "exult" to "exalt." Please also observe the additional point about the backward spelling.

Although this resolution may appear to be in the best interest of the United Defenders League, we must pay attention to the smallest details (such as the backward spelling of the word invader at the start of each line), which reveals that this is yet another proposal attempting to covertly glorify The Invaders for their villainous behavior. Even worse is the fact that this so-called liberation involves a fake region they founded themselves. The true region, "The United Defenders League", was never taken over. In recent times, we have witnessed The Invaders attempting to use Security Council resolutions as a way to exalt themselves and relish in their accomplishments. In doing so, The Invaders continue to obstruct the Security Council and prevent it from acting upon real issues requiring its attention. This resolution is no different.

Looks good. Yeah, I wasn't sure about exalt vs exult. Both are words, both perhaps are appropriate, but probably exalt more.

exalt: hold (someone or something) in very high regard; think or speak very highly of.
exult: show or feel elation or jubilation, especially as the result of a success

I think it's ready to send.

Back