-
Pronouns
he/him/his
TNP Nation
Zemnaya Svoboda
Discord
Eluvatar#8517
flemingovia:
Your honour, the defence submits as evidence the following Security council threads which pertain to my client, released under court order, and to which both the defence and prosecution have been granted access:

http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/9012423/1/#new
http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7550985/1/#new

Since these threads are from a private area of the forum i will clear any quotes etc from them with yourself before using them in public argument, or take any other security precautions which your honour orders.

Eluvatar:
That is not a valid evidence submission. Submitted evidence is posted in the trial topic.

You may PM me the evidence you would like to submit. Please include arguments for the inclusion of each post or sentence which either (A) one or more Security Council members would prefer redacted or (B) come from the separate Security Council topic regarding disclosure of the original topic which you would like included. Please also PM the Vice Delegate the same PM you send me, verbatim.

flemingovia:
Ok Your honour. I will get straight to it after a hospital appointment.

But knowing the fact that this submission was on the cards, delayed by the need for a subpoena etc, it would have been courteous to have given the defence a heads-up that you would require so detailed a treatment of the evidence at this stage.

Defence is not looking for preference, just realistic courtesy and a reasonable degree of fairness from the presiding justice

flemingovia:
Since the only SEcurity council member who has specifically outlined which posts ought to be edited before use by the defence, I assume you are instructing the defence that it can only use the evidence the Prosecuting counsel says we can use.

I just want to be absolutely clear and transparent about this.

flemingovia:
I skipped a phrase in the above post:

Since the only SEcurity council member who has specifically outlined which posts ought to be edited before use by the defence is Sillystring, I assume you are instructing the defence that it can only use the evidence the Prosecuting counsel says we can use?

I just want to be absolutely clear and transparent about this.

flemingovia:
Your honour, on reflection I appeal your above ruling with regard to the evidence from the SEcurity Council, since the subpoena already issued mandated the release of any and all posts concerning my client.

flemingovia:
I accept the need to submit argument drawn from the evidence in camera, I do not accept that the evidence per se is not admissible.

Eluvatar:
You may post any material from the original topic for which there are no objections directly to this trial topic without recourse to private message.

It's only for those sentences for which objections exist, and those posts which are from the discussion of disclosure rather than the original discussion, for which the above directions apply.

The court expected the defense to be supplied with a public document, not direct access to private materials.

You remain at liberty to request an extension to evidence submission, presumably until sufficient time after the half term week you mentioned.

Eluvatar:
No legitimate trial in the history of The North Pacific has made judgement based on secret evidence. No rules for secret evidence exist. I don't intend to introduce such on my discretion.

Given my clarification of my instructions, would it be possible for clarity on just what is being appealed?

Back