Pronouns
he/they
TNP Nation
Darcania
Discord
@zephyrkul
Here's the discussion I had on Discord:
Darcania - Today at 12:48 PM
at most, there's a dozen active RPers and maybe a dozen more who post occassionally
I'd love to recruit more for RP, but I think Home Affairs did that one recently
Eyes that do not Lie - Today at 12:49 PM
RP can be hard to get into, compared to the government
Darcania - Today at 12:49 PM
Looks like one was done back in September
Yes, since you'd have to work out your nation yourself ahead of time
Navoronia, for example, is taking his time fleshing out his nation before jumping in
I have an idea about that, though
Eyes that do not Lie - Today at 12:50 PM
I personally considered it once
But too much effort. And I'm not good at writing in English
Darcania - Today at 12:51 PM
if we had simple RPs where people could easily jump in, with the help of the Culture Ministry, something like Uthvaq Shanar or Zus, just with less intimidating titles, it could give people an easier time jumping in and learning about other RP nations.
I'm not sure how effective that'd be, but it's an idea
People who run those could be experienced RPers who already have fleshed-out nations, which could help newer nations flesh out theirs.
Eyes that do not Lie - Today at 12:53 PM
That's actually a good idea
Darcania - Today at 12:54 PM
they'd also have to post often, though, which renders this to only a few who could run that. I can only think of Syrixia and myself and potentially Salt with that
Eyes that do not Lie - Today at 12:54 PM
It lowers the doorstep a lot (or whatever the proper expression is)
Darcania - Today at 12:54 PM
Don't know enough about Salt's nation atm, but it seems even more fleshed out than anything I or Syr have done, yet
not sure if he'd be open to it, though; one would have to post a lot to keep it up
I'm already exhausted from Zus, after all
It's an idea; Syr and Salt would likely have more to say about it(edited)
Eyes that do not Lie - Today at 12:56 PM
I think there are plenty of these new people who spam the RMB day and night who might be interested in this(edited)
Basically, the gist of the idea is this: through personal experience both joining and running this type of RP, it seems like RPs that get the most activity, and are easiest to get into, are cultural celebrations. When I first joined TNP to RP, it seemed overwhelming at first, and I've definitely gotten that impression from those who seemed interested in RPing, but were also intimidating.

However, for myself, I found that an RP by Syrixia known as Uthvaq Shanar helped me jump into the world of TNP RP. It was a non-personal RP where there wasn't as much pressure to do anything; you simply beheld the sights of the nation of a more experienced RPer, while you yourself got experience with RPing and could even submit your own tidbits of culture, perhaps even helping to flesh out your own nation.

By running a similar RP, Zusammenkommen, I found that I've attracted a few people who were like myself back then; fresh-faced and quite intimidated by the world of RP, but who found such an RP to be just to their tastes to start their jump into TNP RP.

I honestly think that, by having an experienced, active RPer with a fleshed-out nation run one of these every so often, with assistance from the Cultural Ministry, would highly increase activity in TNP RP. Home Affairs recruitment for RP run at the same time would improve it further. Finally, having RP seminars simultaneously, where experienced RPers more directly help people set up their RP nations, would greatly improve the quality of RP, especially for new people who need assistance fleshing out their nations.

I'd love to hear everyone else's thoughts on this.

I definitely think that:

1. Due to this logic we should encourage more attendance to Zusammenkommen. We should also speed things up; for Uthvaq Shanar people would make great, detailed posts every half an hour to an hour or so at most. It was amazing, and it's still my favorite RP.

2. RP seminars? YES. We should invite nations new and old, however; especially those that haven't fleshed out their nations yet. These should be fun things that aren't super formal. We could even play games/trivia to help budding RPers or something.

This idea has so much potential. Along with Northern Travel Magazine, I think we can make this into a great endeavor.

I'll dub it...Project Renaissance.

I think we should wait until after Halloween, though, since people are going to be preoccupied with zombies.

Back