Northern Travel Magazine

Syrixia

The one, the true, the great.
-
TNP Nation
Syrixia
Discord
TrialByDance#0419
An idea coined on Discord last night, Northern Travel Magazine would be a joint project between Cultural Affairs and Communications that would see the nation The Northern Light post a list of 10 paragraphs submitted by TNPers. These paragraphs would be similar to those Grim invited us to write for the NS World Fair last year; and would be about our nations. 5 submissions per month would be taken from the forum, and another 5 from NS.net itself. We would accept all submissions, and I, along with the Deputy Minister of Erasian Affairs, would select the best 5 from the forum and the website for display; and then send them over to Communications for dispatching and distribution.

Thoughts?

This sounds awesome.

Am I thinking too big if I said I think it would look great if this could be like an A4 style flyer that listed the destinations in columns? Even if it could be saved as one solid graphic/image, that would be great.

Thinking of something like this only with nations: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.ne...nnect_Top_Tours_Flyer_Rebrand_HR_Page_2_0.jpg

An alternative idea would be to have nations submit tour options including pricing, whether that be a bus tour, ocean cruise, or something like a contiki tour for youth. A different spin on it.

I second this idea; it'll bring an element of reality into RP. An A4 flyer would be suitable for this, as it is not too small and not too big. Several nations can submit their holiday location (pricing in NS$), showing one picture that highlights the destination of the tour (i.e. for Blackwater City, which is just a larger version of Sydney, I would show a picture of the Opera House and Harbour Bridge), and give a paragraph of description about it, to entice tourists.

Each week/month/whatever the theme can change; for instance, on week 1, it can be about culture; week 2 is for the scenery, and week 3 could be ocean/beach/holiday resort related.

I like Xen's last idea; I think if we give a specific topic to write about every month it will allow more wiggle room for the choosing of topics.

I also love McM's idea; but I think we could make two dispatches; one with the forum entries and one with the website entries. We could even have the links on the A4 sheet go to their corresponding specific entry in the dispatch, if that's possible.

Reviving this so we don't die from the very inactivity plague my initial address noted that I seek to get rid of.

Graphics Officers, if possible, we need a logo for Northern Travel Magazine. Preferably something magazine-y, obviously.

We should set a deadline date, as well, for submissions. I was thinking the deadline be the 20th of every month, which gives us an average of 10/11 days to compile the whole thing. (More than enough.)

FZAPydQ.png

As a Graphics Officer, this is the best I could make. If used, please add credits.

Thanks.

moce_seal.png
<INSERT NORTHERN TRAVEL MAGAZINE LOGO HERE>

Hello everyone! :tnp:

As Lord Ravenclaw once said, "Culture plays a massive role in the life and death of a community. It is meant to promote cohesion across the community as they form a collective identity that should drive it to thrive." Nowhere is this more apparent than with the Ministry of Cultural Affairs itself, as this is its reason for existence. But often, while the Ministry has tried to display the cultures of the TNP nations themselves, activity in these projects has ground to a halt.

Northern Travel Magazine is a remedy for this. The Ministry will accept 10 paragraphs submitted by TNPers. These paragraphs will be about our nations, and will pertain to a specific topic. For example, one month the topic could be tourist destinations, and the next month it could be government organization. The possibilities are endless! 5 submissions per month will be taken from the forum, and another 5 from nationstates.net itself.

Forum users! If you'd like to submit your entries, submit them here! Good luck and write your heart out! We can't wait to hear more about your nations, and if we can't wait you can bet everyone in the region can't wait either!

~Syrixia​

Kasch:
FZAPydQ.png

As a Graphics Officer, this is the best I could make. If used, please add credits.

Thanks.
I definitely like this! Let's see what Lennart has to offer, and if I have time, if I can make anything, though; before we make any decisions.

Again, though, very good! :hug:

May I suggest my revisions to the TNTM logo.

dUBxwSo.png
JGn9tZt.png

Merry Christmas
-Goy

AntarcticEuropa could also be a good person to help with this.

It's very likely it will be continued after the current election, once the Minister of Cultural Affairs is confirmed for this coming term under the next Delegate.

Darcania:
It's very likely it will be continued after the current election, once the Minister of Cultural Affairs is confirmed for this coming term under the next Delegate.
^^^^^^^^

Back